**LADIES** P90x Challenge starting August 1st!!!

Options

Replies

• kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I will be doing mine in the evenings this week. Hopefully i will be able to make myself get up in the mornings next week to get it done. Ready to Bring It!!!
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm starting P90X today as well !!! Here is to a good month! And awesome results! Best of luck to everyone : )
  • kmon215
    kmon215 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone.
    Today will be my first day too! I hope everyone does great and can't wait to get through these 90 days!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I think I've tried P90X three times before this! I think this is the kick in the butt that I really need. I need to step up my game and bring it!!
    Thanks for posting this! Day 1 tonight!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am starting my second round of P90X today. I am doing a "modified" lean program.... basically I am following the strength routine and doing lots of cardio on the other days. I want to lose more weight but would like to continue to build muscle (love the look of toned arms after round one this spring!).

It would be great to help support/motivate each other :smile:

Rebecca
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 for me today and I think I did my best to Bring It! I know I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. But it's a good soreness.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Week 1 day 6 for me!!! I have really noticed a boost of energy after starting to work out again!!! It feels great! Good luck too all!
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    1. What are you all doing for the chin ups / pull ups part?
    2. What are you logging the exercise as?
    xx
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    xx

1. Pull downs, with the heaviest bands I have in my set. I may need to get either heavier bands or modify a bit to get more resistance as I can currently do 16-20 reps depending on the type of pull down. Still can't do a pull up to save my life, though. I don't have the door attachment for the bands so I looped them around my pull up bar. Seems to be working.
    2. I created my own cardio exercise and I use my HRM for calories burned.
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    xx

My husband fixed an apparatus from the upstairs rail with a rope and a resistance band attached it it...LOL... whatever works!!

I go in and add exercise to database and enter my calories burned by what my HRM says
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    xx

1. I have resistance bands with an anchor and we have a pull up bar so I might simply loop the resistance band over the pull up bar if it's easier.
    2. I also go by my HRM, I find the default numbers in MFP to be inaccurate for me. I usually create a new exercise for each DVD and then adjust my calories burned each time I complete a session.
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how many calories you burnt today?

I found today VERY hard - not really the type of exercise I would usually do !! (Apart from the Ab Ripper) !!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    Can I ask how many calories you burnt today?

390 calories for 72 minutes, according to my HRM.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    xx

I have a pull up bar installed into my bedroom wall so I use that. I do a couple of unassisted pull-ups each for round, but then have to start using a chair for support.

I use a HRM and create my own exercise. Last time I did Chest&Back it was around 314 calories and then ARX was between 50 and 65.
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Completed Day 1 P90X Lean - Core Synergistics:

Initial thoughts: My core sucks.

Concerns:

I only have resistance bands and there were several exercises that called for weights and did not show modifications for bands. The one I can remember off the top of my head is the lunge/kickback/curl/press combo. I was thinking I might tie the band around my show so it stays when I lunge...but I'm not sure this will work.

Also, I hate push-ups. And by hate I mean can't do them properly. I usually modify my push-ups but a couple of these exercises are impossible to do with modified push ups...mainly the prison house push-up routine. I guess for now I'll just continue to try as many as I can do and hope I build the strength to do more of them.

Apart from that, I did a lot of observing and tried every exercise even if I failed miserably. I burned 470 calories; I can't even imagine how many I would have burned if I had used weights during those few exercises I couldn't use bands and had spent more time working out and less time observing.

Looking forward to Cardio X tomorrow, I think I'll be able to do more working out and less observing on that one.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Day 1- 135.5 lbs
    p90x lean workout
    Core Synergistics:I have established I am neither superman nor a banana. Most of the time was spent modified on my knees. What a killer workout. Sweat dripping on the floor. I used a light resistance band which was still challenging. The cat tried to stretch with me and then took a nap on the couch. Plus my legs felt those lunges. Tomorrow will be tougher, and I was a little sorry I jogged yesterday. But I feel good!
  • AHealthyJD
    Options
    Day 1- 135.5 lbs
    p90x lean workout
    Core Synergistics:I have established I am neither superman nor a banana. Most of the time was spent modified on my knees. What a killer workout. Sweat dripping on the floor. I used a light resistance band which was still challenging. The cat tried to stretch with me and then took a nap on the couch. Plus my legs felt those lunges. Tomorrow will be tougher, and I was a little sorry I jogged yesterday. But I feel good!

Better than me! I just did the exercises sans bands, though I wish I had used them now because sometimes I felt silly without them, heh. I spent 99% of the time modified on my knees so don't you worry. In fact, I just asked my husband, who did P90X awhile back how I could still do modified push-ups with some of the faster push-up combos. Cardio X (tomorrow's workout) is supposed to be the easiest P90X work out so I'm looking forward to that. My husband told me he feels Core Synergistics is proabably the toughest overall DVD in the set (thank god!).
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started last Friday, so I am not yet done with my first week. It is fantastic! I am doing the Lean schedule and all my muscles are sore! Good luck!!
  • Tracie65
    Tracie65 Posts: 62
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of Classic Chest and Back. Not a huge fan of this video, I HATE push ups, as well as the ab ripper x portion!!!
    I always feel it the next day which is good!! Plyo tomorrow, hope everyone had a great day!!!!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of Classic Chest and Back. Not a huge fan of this video, I HATE push ups, as well as the ab ripper x portion!!!
    I always feel it the next day which is good!! Plyo tomorrow, hope everyone had a great day!!!!

Try doing ARX before the strenght training workouts, I never do ARX if I leave it until the end of the workout.