Favorite cereal?

Options

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    None, cereal isn't good for you....un needed carbs.
    HUH?
    double HUH

This is not new news.......... There are a lot healthier choices for breakfast than cereal....cereal has a lot of carbs, and a lot of times a lot of sugar. Advertising has made cereal look like something "healthy" to be eating when you are trying to loose weight. cereal=processed. And by her saying that she is sick of the cereal she is eating, is implying that she is not only eating it religiously, but too often at that.

look there is no one size fit all answer. i have friends who is doing great on a low carb diet, and there is others like me doing great on a low cal diet. Dont say your way is the healthiest cause it dont work like that. Everyone is different.

even if you are going low cal, cereal isnt the answer...it has a lot of cals too, and plus the milk that you put with it........
    what are you talking about? at most depending on ceral its like 300? how is that high cal? and cereal is alot better choice then doughnuts or muffins like the op said, and funny thing i eat it all the time and im always under hmmmm....weird.....

300 cals (not including milk, and considering you only eat ONE serving)... hmmm lets see I can think of a million things I could eat for 300 cals that is a lot healthier than cereal. And if ur going to compare cereal to doughnuts and muffins, why don't you compare it to the more healthy things you could eat instead?! And I just looked at ur food diary, and I would not say you "always come under" just because you are allowed a certain amount of cals by MFP guidelines doesn't mean you should eat them. Eating 700 cals one day and 3,000 the next...... have your cereal.....

This seems to be a bit of a sore point for you. Did cereal do something bad to you when you were little? Push you into a puddle? Steal your favourite toy?

Some people choose to eat cereal. You choose not to. Both decisions are okay.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    <--- obsessed with Kashi Berry Blossom
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HUH?
    double HUH

This is not new news.......... There are a lot healthier choices for breakfast than cereal....cereal has a lot of carbs, and a lot of times a lot of sugar. Advertising has made cereal look like something "healthy" to be eating when you are trying to loose weight. cereal=processed. And by her saying that she is sick of the cereal she is eating, is implying that she is not only eating it religiously, but too often at that.

look there is no one size fit all answer. i have friends who is doing great on a low carb diet, and there is others like me doing great on a low cal diet. Dont say your way is the healthiest cause it dont work like that. Everyone is different.

even if you are going low cal, cereal isnt the answer...it has a lot of cals too, and plus the milk that you put with it........
    what are you talking about? at most depending on ceral its like 300? how is that high cal? and cereal is alot better choice then doughnuts or muffins like the op said, and funny thing i eat it all the time and im always under hmmmm....weird.....

300 cals (not including milk, and considering you only eat ONE serving)... hmmm lets see I can think of a million things I could eat for 300 cals that is a lot healthier than cereal. And if ur going to compare cereal to doughnuts and muffins, why don't you compare it to the more healthy things you could eat instead?! And I just looked at ur food diary, and I would not say you "always come under" just because you are allowed a certain amount of cals by MFP guidelines doesn't mean you should eat them. Eating 700 cals one day and 3,000 the next...... have your cereal.....

This seems to be a bit of a sore point for you. Did cereal do something bad to you when you were little? Push you into a puddle? Steal your favourite toy?

haha no puddles, no toy stealing. I actually use to like cereal, and I'm sure I still do, just now know its not a healthy eating choice and there are a lot of other things I should be eating instead
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    HUH?
    double HUH

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Bitter about cereal!!!

I love cereal, all kinds! Yes, I eat a serving size, (wow, can you believe it!) and sometimes that is only half a cup! (Yes, I measure) I mix it with greek yogurt and add fruit! Guess what else I do? I eat it it with milk! Fat free and 2%! I need the carbs too and lots of times I just need the cals. Kashi Go Lean serving size is a full cup and has 9g of protein! I like to add cinnamon. It makes me happy.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    HUH?
    double HUH

Thank you ^^^^ and yes im not perfect on it, i ment to say almost all the time. Anyway im sorry OP for getting off topic, eat what makes you happy
  • skinnimini16
    Options
    Banana nut cheerios :D

never heard of those but they sound delicious

THUMBS UP TO CEREAL
    they are sooooo yummy!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Favorite by taste, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries, Lucky Charms (although it did give me a fat lip once, I don't hold a grudge), and Booberry (which I can only find at Halloween).

I do really, really, REALLY like Fiber One Caramel Delight. But then I end up farting so much, I sound like someone revvin' a Harley Davidson. The Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares are pretty good, too. Even though I end up eating more than 80 calories worth, it's still a very low cal breakfast. But again... the fiber will leave you ripping. :embarassed:

Favorite breakfasts, the ones I have the most, are an English Muffin with Nutella, or an Asiago Cheese bagel. I :heart: carbs.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I don't think cereal is the best place to find protein. There are lots of high fiber choices, though! Your toast and egg breakfast sounds great. I seem to do best when I eat oatmeal for breakfast. But cereal, so yummy!

Yes, it's quite possible to have a half cup serving, and only 1/3 cup or so of milk. It still tastes amazing and satisfies me. Nothing about eating cereal makes me feel like it is an unhealthy choice.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I don't often eat cereal....but when I do...I eat Chocolate Cheerios (or Dos Equis :laugh: )....with almond milk (30 cals for 1/2 cup + 100 cals for the cereal BTW)
  • DallasEl
    DallasEl Posts: 54
    Options
    I could eat Life cereal three times a day!!!! I also enjoy Raisin Bran and some kind of Walmart brand flake and almond type of thing. But Life is where it's at!!
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 of 2 meals for breakfast....Natures Path Optimun Blueberry cinnimom (I know that is horribly spelt) with goji berries and true almond milk or jazzed up oatmeal with coconut peacans/or walnuts pumpkin seeds and a splash of almond milk..
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Kashi!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Go lean, and Shredded wheat.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    And I just looked at ur food diary, and I would not say you "always come under" just because you are allowed a certain amount of cals by MFP guidelines doesn't mean you should eat them. Eating 700 cals one day and 3,000 the next...... have your cereal.....

Do you often do this? You disagree with someone on some point, so you look at his or her food diary, find flaws, and act condescending and superior about them. Your own diet must be flat out perfect.

Anyway, to OP: I am a fan of Barbara's Puffins. I've tried the peanut butter and cinnamon flavors, and they are both delicious, low sugar and high fiber.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Cheerios, eat them dry to keep my iron numbers up.....1 cup every morning, that is it.
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do eat cereal although not usually for breakfast. I don't have the time to sit down and eat so I take my breakfast on the go. Cereal as a desert however is absolutely amazing!!! I often crave something cold and sweet at night and I used to satisfy that with ice cream. Now however I eat cereal. Since I'm not eating it as a meal and only as a snack it is very easy to stick to the one serving at a time rule.
    My favorites? Malt-o-meal Golden Puffs (generic Golden Crisp), Honey Nut Cheerios, and Frosted Mini Wheats. The mini wheats I don't put in a bowl though cause they get soggy too fast, so I put some on a plate and get a cup of milk and dunk em like oreos =)
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Original Fiber One, no sugar, or Plain Oatmeal.
  • sophiessweets
    Options
    Cold cereal-Kashi GoLean with dried cranberries and powdered ginger
    Hot cereal- Steel cut oats with a banana and a T. of Better'n Peanut Butter
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cereal isn't good for you.... lol....funny :P
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I NEED carbs when I am doing heavy training or endurance events. I did a 50K ultra marathon yesterday. This is what I ate... It's kinda gross but had the things I needed (carbs, protein, and sugar)... raw oats, slivered almonds, raisins, chia seeds, topped with vanilla soymilk. It's not for everyone!! LOL!! :bigsmile: