Favorite music!!! Who is your favorite artist and why?

Options
124»

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Slipknot for baby making music.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I can't single out one group or artist but I can easily list my top 3.

1. The Beatles
    2. Zeppelin
    3. The Black Keys

Any kind of rock is good with me. I know alot about classic rock, I own alot of classic rock but I have been discovering a few indie/alternative bands that can really play. If you can jam, have vocals that make my skin crawl and orgasmic guitar tone then that's all I need to live.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Evanescence is my favorite. Dark, feminine, angry, and sad all rolled into one. Kinda like me.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options

1. The Beatles
    2. Zeppelin
    3. The Black Keys

Any kind of rock is good with me. I know alot about classic rock, I own alot of classic rock but I have been discovering a few indie/alternative bands that can really play. If you can jam, have vocals that make my skin crawl and orgasmic guitar tone then that's all I need to live.

Uh, will you marry me? Seriously.
  • BigBadVooDooBob
    Options
    Big Bad Voodoo Daddy comes to mind for some reason :) Currently waiting for the new Robert Earl Keen cd to come out. He's great, writes some very insightful songs, but also writes some that are just plain fun.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

1. The Beatles
    2. Zeppelin
    3. The Black Keys

Uh, will you marry me? Seriously.

That depends on if you are any good :)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ughh... can't choose 1!! --> tops are Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Bush, The Walkmen, Soundgarden, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Television, Granddaddy, Joy Division, Nirvana, Unwound.... and so on and so forth. This is all music that moves me and I can't get enough of.

:bigsmile:
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I love old classics...my favourite has to be Michael Stipe (R.E.M) Everybody Hurts Sometimes....I love it. Whenever life gets a bit tough I hum the words to myself and I feel fine.
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ONE of my all time favs....Oasis!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My favorite band has and probably always will be Dir en grey. I can' really put words on why I am so connected to their music....I just am. Seeing them live is pretty much one of the most amazing experiences ever.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Metallica! (Let's just pretend that whole Bob Rock era with the black album, Load, Reload, and St Anger; as well as the whole Napster fiasco, never happened - I know, it's a lot to forgive). They're like old friends who I've know since childhood. I know every riff, every lyric.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite bands whom I can listen to their whole cd's without skipping would be Tegan and Sara. They're awesome!

I also love Julieta Venegas and can listen to her cd's nonstop.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mine would be Acid Bath. Dax Rigg's voice is the most beautiful voice I have ever heard come from a man. (With the exception of Freddie Mercury<3) It doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in, they have a song for it.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm my own favorite artist because I'm also my only fan and I'm the only person who thinks I sound good.
  • LondonLad
    LondonLad Posts: 31
    Options
    Muse for the awsome stageshow and great music.

Primal Scream because the music is great and Bobby Gillespie rocks.

Sisters of Mercy for down and out doom
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm my own favorite artist because I'm also my only fan and I'm the only person who thinks I sound good.

You sound like me! :laugh:
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Favorite music!!! Who is your favorite artist and why?

I love Electronic music. my fave is Armin Vann Burren and David Guetta,, they make me move ,, makes me wanna dance and always puts me in a good mood!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My Chemical Romance. Ever since the beginning, their music has always had a way of motivating me and lifting my spirits. I even love the new album ~unpopular opinion~ I know.