has anyone said to you...

Options
13»

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    My weight is still slightly higher than it should be, but sooooo many people have told me how I must be ill and how I will look so wrong if I lose anymore. Most people are jealous they can't do it I reckon, or at least thats what I tell myself.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    yes for sure... my ex husband started fussing at me for getting too skinny when i reached 200 lbs... i was like... seriously??? i got like 60 lbs to go!! ppl act all the time like I won't know when to stop, or look at my plate & say things like "is that all you are going to eat?" most of my friends & fam have stopped most of that mess but I'd like to find a guy who understands I can make decisions all by myself... I got along this many years on my own, and always do better without their "Help" & comments...
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    All. The. Time. All the time. Seriously... did I say all the time? LOL

It is normal and accepted to be fat and unhealthy.

It is abnormal and unaccepted to be fit and healthy.

This world has a skewed view. Don't let others' negative attitudes stop you from reaching your goals.

Seems reverse prejudice goes both ways. This discussion brings this quote to mind:

"Not everyone will agree with how you change your eating strategy. Some friends, family co-workers and even neighbors will suddenly develop "concerns" they insist you should have. What I find interesting is that MOST people who bring up these concerns never batted even an eye lash when you were eating wheat, corn, soy, GUZZLING soda, MSG, hot dogs, chips, veggie oil which caused you to get allergies, headaches, IBS, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, etc... which may have led to you taking meds and/or become unhealthy and FAT. BUT, as soon as you start to make a move, BAM, they suddenly have "concerns" to remind you of." ~ FitRichWoman
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hang in there guys, it will stop. I lost all of my weight over 3 years and have had it off for nearly 4 years. I think it was about a year of being my low weight when people stopped saying I didn't need to lose anymore and talking about it all the time. They saw that I didn't gain it all back and I didn't turn into a wild-eyed anorexic. Now they just ***** about my not eating desserts at parties, lol. So they will stop, eventually.
  • jessicamrie11582
    Options
    just a thought....people talk about you when you pack it on, people say you must be sticking your finger down your throat when you loose it. If people just minded their own business, we would probably all get healthy for the right reasons in the first place. just saying...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!