The AGE you look based on your WEIGHT?

Options
13»

Replies

• anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I had lost a couple of kilos (of which half I gained back :grumble: ), when I had lost them, ppl would tell me I looked younger...
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I've been guessed a couple of years older than my real age! I'm 28 and twice people have guessed me as 32! Apparently a lot of people who have noticed my weight loss had also noticed how much darker eyes bags are and I look more fatigue.

However, good news is that everyone has said I'm getting prettier! At least that makes up for it. I think...

i have been using a cream with vitamin E oil in it. I read when you put a water based product on the under eye area the skin is so thin it absorbs it. I have seen a dramatic difference since I have been doing this.

BTW you ARE beautiful!!

Aww, you are very sweet! I think you're gorgeous too! Thank you for the tip, I'll definitely be trying that out! :)
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I will have to check back in a year or so. I have just started losing weight. In the past I always looked younger. My face in particular really shows it. However, I am almost 59 now, and I used to be in the sun a lot. I have all sorts of wrinkles around my eyes that remind me of my late maternal grandfather. I had the advantage of seeing people at my 40th reunion. A lot of the old cheerleaders for example, looked liked they had lost tons of weight. I think they looked older, sort of gaunt. The fatter ones looked older too, but in a different way. (I was one of the fat ones.) I think those that were in the middle of the distribution looked the best. Maybe a little overweight, but not obese. Some of the skinny ones looked like they had just come from a Nazi concentration camp.!
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think I look younger. I'm 42 and was carded this weekend when entering a bar!!! Woo-Hoo
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think that when you are older you need a little fat to plump out the wrinkles, or you can look haggard, but everyone is different.

Have you heard the saying that you can either have a nice face or a nice a*se?! If you lose weight till your face looks good, the bum will still have a few pounds to go, or if you work at it till you have a great bum, your face will be too thin and you'll look crap....!!!! Hahahahahahaha, i'm not sure how true that really is tho!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    People have always thought I was younger than I am,but now that ive lost weight i feel like a look older, but people still usally think i am younger
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think it's not just about the weight, it's also about the BMI. I tend to think that when you're in a healthy BMI range, you'll look healthier :)

By the BMI, I'm still borderline obese lol.

And thanks everyone :). Most people do guess me between 26 and 30.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When I was my most fit and dressed nice ppl would guess me around 20-22, and I was about 25 so felt good. At work at same weight dressed professionally I could get guessed as high as 35. So clothes can make a big diffrence too. I kinda liked looking older at work though since I work in medicine and ppl have a way of not trusting young providers. And I felt a bit like Clark Kent when I could toss my glasses off, change outfits, and suddenly be a different person no one could recognise :) Even though I am overweight now, I usually don't get guessed older, thanks to avoiding sun, ciggarettes, and fast food I hope :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i think i look older since ive lost weight unfortunately
  • mrshammy3939
    mrshammy3939 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think I look older than my age, so I'm hoping as I lose weight I will look younger!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I can say for myself, I look older with the weight on, and younger with it off. I think most people are like that, but in some instances, when someone who is mid age+ loses weight rapidly, their skin does not bounce back, and it can make them look older because their skin is not as taut as it was when they were bigger.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it is based on confidence, etc. If you're overweight and not feeling good about yourself, or dressing to hide yourself, uncomfortable, etc, you might look a lot older - you might not be putting off an energetic, vibrant, youthful vibe. It really varies. If you look at some B&A pics, in the afters, the person often has a more youthful body language and happier facial expression *shrug* Just a thought :)
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think when you're younger, being thinner makes you look more your age or even younger. It's usually older women who tend to look younger the heavier they are. I think this is usually because the extra layer of fat under the skin helps smooth the skins the surface and hide wrinkles that would normally be there. Hence why a lot of women get fat injections to help smooth wrinkles.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I *feel* younger. I have so much more energy. My skin looks better - "glowier" - since I've started drinking so much water. I've always looked young for my age anyway, though - got carded in a bar last fall. I'm 37. (Though the bartended did it just so she could say "Ha ha, I 'm younger than you!" as she handed my ID back. :grumble: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!