how many eggs are too much?

Options

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Sometimes I'll eat 2 in am, then instead of grabbing fast food I will make 2 for dinner. They're so easy to make.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 whole egg every day. Mostly I eat them at breakfast. If I know that I'm going to make savory crepes for dinner though (1-2 eggs in my portion) I will swap out yogurt and/or oatmeal for breakfast that day.

I would be a little concerned about having 3 or more every day. But that's just me. You have been given some great advice here I think.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them every day, but about 2x a week 6 at a time
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I eat 8 egg whites and 1 whole egg everyday... I only eat one yolk/day because of the cholesterol and they are much higher in calories than just the whites. Does this seem excessive? Maybe :bigsmile:
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Too many? When you don't want to eat them anymore. Then you have had enough eggs.

Eggs are actually as close to nature's perfect food as you can get. Easy to buy, relatively cheap, and so very good for you. Eat as many as you want.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    One. Eggs are flippin disgusting
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I think four is fine! Back when I was about 34 years old and in the best shape of my life, I ate four eggs every morning for breakfast.
  • ketoman53
    Options
    To all of you egg lovers out there I would like to direct you to something that may change your minds about eggs.
    Saying that eggs in general are good for you is indeed very wrong because the facts are that it depends on how you prepare them.
    For example scrambled eggs will pose great harm if eaten in quantity or with any frequency!!

Poached, hard-boiled, over easy or just about any way you cook them, eggs are good sources of nutrition. Except scrambled, that is.

Please refer to this link to get educated and maybe save your life or the life of someone else.
    http://www.couragetobehealthy.com/2012/08/truth-cholesterol/

Pass it on!!

Use the Myfitnesspal database and look-up scrambled eggs paying close attention to the cholesterol.
    Now do the same for those beloved pork link sausages.

Now please agree that those numbers are very scarey indeed, enough to make me never want them again!

Best of health to all.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Um, what? The preparation of the egg doesn't change the nutrition. Also, what does cholesterol have to do with anything? An egg has about 200mg, always have. Dietary cholesterol is digested and broken down, blood serum cholesterol is actually made by the body, regardless of how much cholesterol you eat.

Oh I see, a Mercola story, no wonder it's completely wrong...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1 organic egg daily. My total cholesterol/LDL/HDL/triglycerides are all normal the last time I checked.

I find Dr. Mercola is a shill. He pushes all sorts of products and relies on pseudoscience. He has been warned by the FDA about his practice of promoting products.
  • To all of you egg lovers out there I would like to direct you to something that may change your minds about eggs.
    Saying that eggs in general are good for you is indeed very wrong because the facts are that it depends on how you prepare them.
    For example scrambled eggs will pose great harm if eaten in quantity or with any frequency!!

Poached, hard-boiled, over easy or just about any way you cook them, eggs are good sources of nutrition. Except scrambled, that is.

Please refer to this link to get educated and maybe save your life or the life of someone else.
    http://www.couragetobehealthy.com/2012/08/truth-cholesterol/

Pass it on!!

Use the Myfitnesspal database and look-up scrambled eggs paying close attention to the cholesterol.
    Now do the same for those beloved pork link sausages.

Now please agree that those numbers are very scarey indeed, enough to make me never want them again!

Best of health to all.
    lol no
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've eaten as many as nine in a day sometimes....

.....including fried (though more often boiled, chopped and mixed with mayonnaise and eaten inside white bread.... or boiled and dipped in greek yoghurt based dip, depending on what fits into my macros)
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have between 4 and 8 eggs per day. There is no need to limit them unless you have been advised to by a doctor. They are a great source of protein, fat, and vitamins and minerals.

pretty much this^^^

I eat 4 fried eggs everyday for breakfast with the yolk. If I am having a salad the same day I usually boil between 3-4 eggs to eat with the salad. So I eat 4 eggs per day regardless but sometimes I eat 8. I never discard the yolks.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Pass it on!!
    No. I don't like having a virus.

I also don't like articles that use bold to try and scare people.

Also, while it does list three books; articles that don't back up the important facts.

Sounds like viral scaremongering to me - someone is trying to make a quick buck or have a laugh at your expense.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    3 whole eggs scrambled is my early-lunch of choice :smile:
    The saturated fat is relatively high, but the foods not processed and it's tasty!

Gaston eats 4 dozen eggs a day (to help him get large)
    gaston-egg-o.gif
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in eggs. I'll have 2-3 a day, usually for breakfast, with the yolks. Sure the cholesterol is there, but so are a lot of awesome vitamins.

I agree with this! I love eggs, even whole!
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 4 whole eggs a day. Two with breakfast to make banana and egg pancakes, and two hard boiled for an easy to pack snack for work. Everything I have read about eggs has said that the cholesterol in this is not an issue for people who have normal cholesterol levels.

The book 'The Happiness Diet' has a very interesting section on eggs.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    No limit for me especially if they are being produced by our (very) free range chooks. :)
  • npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 or 3 a day. I love them hard boiled for lunch with some stir fried food, I hold it in my hand and eat it like a piece of steamed chinese bread, so it helps me replace the carbs. I see them as little balls of goodness
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    When I have scrambled eggs I bung 5 of them in.

I'm still alive, so I'm guess you'll be fine!