Any ideas for Father Daugher Song for wedding/

Options
13»

Replies

• davidcookfan
    davidcookfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am not a big Country music fan, but I listened to Heartland's "I loved her first" and OMG could not stop crying. I love it! I will have my daughter listen to it.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

When i got married i kept the song a secret from my dad. Until it started playing he started to cry. I really loved that song and to this day i still picture my dad and me dancing to the song when ever it is played. For the attendents song we used i stand by you from the prentenders and the bride groom song my best friends by tim mcgraw.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    "What a Wonderful World" ~Louis Armstrong was my father/daughter dance song.

I think that's a beautiful song. I went to a wedding recently and that was the father/daughter song.

Butterfly Kisses is SOOOOOO played.
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Butterfly Kisses is SOOOOOO played.

well I was married almost 15 years ago when the song was newish, it was very dear to me, Specially since my father passed away. I know its your opinion and thats fine, but don't make others feel bad about picking it
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    how about that song from john mayer "Daughters"? im not too sure of the lyrics but i think its ok
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Father and Daughter - Paul Simon
    Dancing on Daddy's Shoes - Leon Redbone
    That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    "Just the way you" are by either Billy Joel or Diana Krall. They both have a version and both are great.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    somewhere over the rainbow by band of oz
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    My dad and I share a bond over wizard of oz, so I always thought we'd dance to Over the Rainbow - one version or another. Through The Years by Kenny Rogers is good too! =)
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    My dad and I danced to "Circle of Life" from The Lion King.