how to cook tilapia?

Options
2»

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I putt he frozen tilapia in a non stick pan add a half inch of chicken broth to cook it in. I add garlic and lemon juice and a bit of seasoning and i serve it with brown rice i add a bit more broth and lemon to the leftover sauce to make it taste nice and i drizzle it over the fish and rice. I love it.
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    I love tilapia! And, I have found that, at least with the brand I buy, the fillets are much smaller than the serving size. So, I always weigh them--and usually I can eat more than one! Bonus! I cook mine with lime juice and coconut, and sometimes bread crumbs. Delish.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Tilapia is one of the greatest things that ever came out of the water! Everybody I know grills it! It's awesome over a wood fire, but works really great on the Foreman grill too! I put garlic, a sprinkle of butter buds, lemon pepper, and a dash of dill!
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I bake mine in tin foil with homemade salsa on top. Yum!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I pan fry mine. I season with whatever is closest in the spice cabinet....lemon pepper, cayenne pepper, ect. Put in a skillet that is coated with Pam and then cook about 5 minutes on both sides. Lastly I squeeze half a lemon on top and let it cook for another minute and it comes out perfectly!

Love it and its super quick. Great for fish tacos for leftovers the next night!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Coat the bottom of a glass pan with olive oil and place your tilapia in the pan. Sprinkle it with paprika and bake for 10 minutes or until flaky.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I cook tilapia on my George Forman grill and I just put a little lemon pepper on it. So yummy and so easy. My kids love it.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I think a heat source would be the best option. :wink:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I spent the whole day thinking about tilapia after reading this thread! Soooo, what was for dinner tonight??