SIXERS Swimming to Success--Week 1

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

Cathy and Lorna...HILARIOUS!!! You two are too funny!!

I had a good night last night...did my Ripped in 30 level 2 workout! I've been so bad lately that I need to get back to it! This is the week...time to get back to business!! I'm going to lose 4 pounds this challenge and get into the 140s...it's been a LONG time since I've been there!!

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Honey nut cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana
    L-Chicken/broccoli/mushrooms, light yogurt
    S-Apple
    D-Turkey Meatloaf, green salad, spritzer dressing
    S-FF Frozen yogurt with cool whip free

Exercise--
    JM 6 week 6 pack-Level 1

Have a great day!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    And Cathy...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mlek13
    mlek13 Posts: 44
    Options
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ...........SW 137.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 137.2 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Cathy(chipper)............................SW 234.8 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 235.8 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).........................SW 153.0 lbs / GW 149.0 lbs / CW 153.0 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Em (MLEK13).............................SW 172.2 lbs / GW 158.0 lbs / CW 172.2 lbs / PROGRESS lbs

Clare (Finnhead).........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    AmyLou (amylou_24)..................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906).........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18)........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Amy(Amy_36)..............................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Julie (juliebily)..............................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12....................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Lorena(reyna99)...........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Jennifer(candycaneps).................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Stacey(Stacey765).........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman).......................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising)...............SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
  • mlek13
    Options
    First of all - Cathy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: Enjoy your dinner out tonight - you deserve it, plus I really think there is some benefit to going over once in awhile... for me it seems to wake up the body, and I tend to lose more weight after... weird but I'll take it :flowerforyou: If you do get down to 129 this challenge I am going to have to know how you did it :laugh: :bigsmile: as I would like to get there someday too!

My goal is lofty - but TOM is upon us and I am still working through the water weight from this past weekend... my goal for next week is to get back into the 160s - I can and will do it! Last night the BF and I went for a short run (in the crazy rain storm), did some cleaning, and then moved the elliptical up into the living room... this way I will actually use it. :noway:

Day 1 went well... working on making today just as good!
  • ren315
    ren315 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I sure have missed your inspiring personalities! Sorry I went MIA, but it was for a good reason...I'M PREGNANT!! I am due January 27. DH and I are very excited about our new addition! DD even cried tears of joy when we told her, and stepDS is a boy and wasn't as excited.

I just wanted to come back and let you all know where I went and that I do miss you all! I will be back though, so be on the look out for me sometime after I'll say Feb. I hope you see you Lauryn 10lbs lighter and Cathy 100lbs..hehe...and everyone else closer to your desired weight!!

I wish you all the best of luck, and I will see you in the future!!

Lauren
  • mlek13
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congrats Lauren!!! Now we are going to have two new sixer babies in the upcomming months! :drinker: CONGRATS!! Come visit us every once in awhile! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    afternoon.....

boy this getting down 100 lbs is he . shanell just took me for lunch at subway and here in about 3 1/2 4 hours will be dinner. i am soo full right now. i haven't eaten out in so long. it was good. just don't like the full feeling. so good think about not eating out.

lauren why can't you stay while pregnant? we won't dis you for it. we just live through you with the good food you can eat or crave.

well, i think i will lay down for a nap.

later
  • ren315
    ren315 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So I went back to your last Sixer to see who was pregnant....Congratulations Julia!! When are are due? I think we are do right around the same time, I was 12 wks last Friday, so I'm thinking within a few days.

I will definitely come on and chat with you guys, I would love to tough it out and stay, but I have no motivation for anything!! I bought a preggo workout video. With it being summer and DD with my mom, I don't have to get up as early. I am hoping that once school starts and I have to get up early I will start working out again! My pre-preggo weight was not where I would have liked for it to have been, but I will just have to work harder during to stay as healthy as can be, and just work harder afterwards.

Until later,
    Lauren
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ...........SW 137.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 137.2 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Cathy(chipper)............................SW 234.8 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 235.8 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).........................SW 153.0 lbs / GW 149.0 lbs / CW 153.0 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Em (MLEK13).............................SW 172.2 lbs / GW 158.0 lbs / CW 172.2 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Clare (Finnhead).........................SW152.0 lbs / GW147 lbs / CW152.0 lbs / PROGRESS lbs

Julia (jmiller0906).........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18)........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Amy(Amy_36)..............................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Julie (juliebily)..............................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12....................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Lorena(reyna99)...........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Stacey(Stacey765).........................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW lbs / GW lbs / CW lbs / PROGRESS lbs
  • Denziee
    Options
    so i didnt quite make the last challenge. well i have GOT to for this challenge because in six weeks i am going wedding dress shopping. and ladies i really need your support here!!

i am going on holiday on saturday and i aim to be relatively good but at the same time, i'm on holiday and if i want to eat it i bloody well will. I am taking my bike with me and me and Adam plan to bike to the beach (and the pub!) most days so they'll be some calorie burn going on there!!

I am allowing myself a 3lb gain over my holiday but I will be satisfied with 4lb if the worst happens. I then give myself 2 weeks to shake it and the following 3 weeks to shake the rest. I am going to do this. I am going to up the exercise and might buy another JM DVD in preperation.

Will me on ladies because i am NOT trying on the best dress in the world as a FATTY no way (no weigh haha) !!!!!!!
  • Denziee
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I sure have missed your inspiring personalities! Sorry I went MIA, but it was for a good reason...I'M PREGNANT!! I am due January 27. DH and I are very excited about our new addition! DD even cried tears of joy when we told her, and stepDS is a boy and wasn't as excited.

i totally missed this! two mummies! fantastic news! congratulations Lauren really pleased for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • jdklove18
    jdklove18 Posts: 252
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).........................SW152.0 lbs / GW147 lbs / CW152.0 lbs / PROGRESS lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18)........................SW 196.0 lbs / GW 192.0 lbs / CW 196.0 lbs / PROGRESS lbs

• jdklove18
    jdklove18 Posts: 252
    Options
    Hello ladies! Is everyone as ready as I am for the next challenge? :)

I kept my goal the same, as I up and down last 6 weeks. Hopefully I can keep that better under control. I hope to increase my workouts to 3 times a week, and see where that gets me this time around. :)

I recenlty hurt my foot (by falling down the steps - silly me). Does anyone have any ideas for lower impact workouts I could do (mostly from home, as I do not have a gym membership right now). I did a long walk yesterday and was paying for it this morning. :(

Good luck to everyone! We can do this! :)
  • chipper15173
    Options
    kim....work your upper body and do some lower body workouts that are for sitting.

well i am a stuffed turkey right now. this is how you lose 100 pounds in 6 weeks. LOL. thanks for all the birthday wishes. it has been a nice day. the food was good, but, yet not as good as the last time. i guess this is good news. shanell made a nice cake i will get a pic of it and post tomorrow. well, really sick to my stomach so getting ready for bed.

shanell looks so different i don't even know her from the back.

have a good night.
  • mlek13
    Options
    Kim. I would do crunches (and other ab workouts), get some weights and do arm stuff as Cathy suggested... even some yoga (do you have a wii or xbox? or netflix... you could rent some dvds that focus on arms, shoulders, back etc...

Cathy. so glad you had a geat b-day... feel better in the morning!

just got off the elliptical and made myself mini baked potatoes with salsa and a little bit o' cheese.... :happy: the bf just got home from work and we are going to enjoy a drink and watch some tv... i really earned it today... it was productive all around! loving my energy this challenge... LETS do this ladies!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Ready to start another challenge.

Wow! Congrats Lauren! I am so happy for you! Drop in and keep us updated on how you are doing!

I took my measurements this morning but by myself. I think I will have DH help me tonight so I can make sure they are nice and accurate.

I am headed to the gym now for my 2nd personal training session. Wish me luck!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the new mommies.

Cathy - glad you had a good day. Sorry about the stuffed feeling. But now you don't have to do it again for another 364 days :)

Amy - hope your personal trainer went well.

AFM: I can't find my tape measure (which may be a good thing). I'm sure my son has used it to tie something up or together or what have you. Stress ate last night after getting home from the gym. My only saving grace was that I had worked out for 90 minutes so actually was surprisingly able to stay within my calories. I will do better today!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    FOOD hangover

52birthdaycake.jpg

did't shanell do a great job. it's the new wiltons sugar paper. she loves doing cakes.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I weighed in and measured this morning but didn't have time to post it. Now I am at work and posting from my iPhone. I do t dare try to cut and paste from my phone so I will update later. I was 203.6 this morning. I think my goal will be 193.6. With the new gym routine in place I think I will see success this round for the first time in a long time!

Cathy- cute cake!!

NSV- hubby and I went to dinner last night. The kids are wih gma at the beach. We shared a nacho. In the past I would eat my portion until the plate was empty. I ate my portion and quit! I didn't leave miserably stuffed!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Well, my measurements were a WOW awakening. I have gained EVERYWHERE since December.

So my goal loss this challenge on my measurements is -
    Waist - 2"
    Hip - 1"
    Thighs - 1" to 1.25"

I just knew my pants were getting tighter and it wasn't my imagination (like my DH kept telling me). I'm going to measure again in 2 weeks and see how it's going. I need an inspiration.