Poll: What running shoes do you use?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nike and FILA. No idea what "model." They're the ones that were on sale and felt better than the shoes I was wearing, which are my biggest criteria when buying new shoes. :laugh:

I haven't had any foot or leg issues since I started running. What's funny is that before I ran, I had all kinds of problems. Wonky knees, forefoot pain to the point where I thought I had a morton's neuroma or stress fracture, easily turned ankles. Now? Nothing.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Creation :heart: :heart: :heart: -- used to use Saucony -- well, probably have tried most every brand:blushing: -- some girls have a closet full of heels & sandals, I have a closet full of running shoes:bigsmile:
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Really love my Saucony
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Nike and FILA. No idea what "model." They're the ones that were on sale and felt better than the shoes I was wearing, which are my biggest criteria when buying new shoes. :laugh:

I haven't had any foot or leg issues since I started running. What's funny is that before I ran, I had all kinds of problems. Wonky knees, forefoot pain to the point where I thought I had a morton's neuroma or stress fracture, easily turned ankles. Now? Nothing.

YES!!!!!!! Someone else who understands the meaning of WONKY! Woo Hoo!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Asics Gel-Cumulus 12 for me (I think). First purpose-fitted running shoes ever by a local shop that caters for proper tri-athletes (I decided i deserved a treat for sticking to C25K LOL) and they're great. Very surprising what a difference it makes.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel-Kayano
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Saucony....love them!!
    Need to go get new pair though :(
    starting to rub on the back of my heal...ouch!!!
  • uberlaut
    uberlaut Posts: 44
    Options
    I started with Brooks, then had Asics, then had my favorites: Mitzunos, but they changed the style that I liked and so I had to go back to Asics for my latest pair.

Best to go get fitted at a running store. Everyone has different feet/gait and so different styles/brands will work better for you than for me. In fact, the shoes that worked/fitted best for me at the beginning of my running career don't work/fit properly now because my feet have changed shape and my gait is different because my muscles are stronger.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    In the 6 years that I've been running, I've worn so many shoes I lost count. I used to love Saucony, then switched to Nike Freerun, and dabbled a bit with VFFs.

I learned a very important lesson. Minimalist shoes are absolute crap for my feet. I now have an absolutely horrible case of plantar fasciitis in my left foot which is gradually going away with the assistance of a night splint, stretching exercises, and ice.

I used to get fitted for running shoes which is what attracted me to Saucony - can't remember the name of the style but I used to wear them religiously after being fitted. I don't want to give up on running because I love it so, and I got fitted for a proper pair of running shoes last weekend locally. After having my stride checked, they recommended 3 types and I chose the Mizuno Wave as the best fitting on my foot. I'm going to try them out for the first run today after work and I'm hoping they minimalize the pain in my left foot.

Moral of the story: GET FITTED FOR RUNNING SHOES (and expect to pay a little more for quality)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I cycle my shoes with 2 pairs always in use. A more experienced shoe and an amateur shoe. someone mentioned earlier that you r shoes should last 3500-500 miles. Way too much. Someone else mentioned 300-400 Miles. Depending on usage, runnign surface, and your weight this mileage will vary. I weigh about 200lbs and run mainly on concrete/asphalt and treadmills. My shoes are lasting me about 500-600 miles. Sometimes they vary, but you will know as you workout in them.

My shoes... Asics Cumulus (retired), Nike structure Triax (experienced, maybe 200 miles left), Asics Keyano (Amatuer, Brand new shoe less than 100 miles on them) .

I am definitely an Asics fan. I went to Nike the last time based on a week of trying the shoe out on a treadmill. I liked the Nike Triax shoe it felt good and has been a good shoe but Im back into Asics. I love my Asics Kayanos
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I cycle my shoes with 2 pairs always in use. A more experienced shoe and an amateur shoe. someone mentioned earlier that you r shoes should last 3500-500 miles. Way too much. Someone else mentioned 300-400 Miles. Depending on usage, runnign surface, and your weight this mileage will vary. I weigh about 200lbs and run mainly on concrete/asphalt and treadmills. My shoes are lasting me about 500-600 miles. Sometimes they vary, but you will know as you workout in them.

My shoes... Asics Cumulus (retired), Nike structure Triax (experienced, maybe 200 miles left), Asics Keyano (Amatuer, Brand new shoe less than 100 miles on them) .

I am definitely an Asics fan. I went to Nike the last time based on a week of trying the shoe out on a treadmill. I liked the Nike Triax shoe it felt good and has been a good shoe but Im back into Asics. I love my Asics Kayanos

I have to switch mine out often because I trail run...they get shredded, lol. My road shoes last a bit longer...my 'lite' shoes (my Newtons...they're only 7 ounces)...I only wear on sprint and hill days, otherwise I feel like my legs are made of lead, lol.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I have to switch mine out often because I trail run...they get shredded, lol. My road shoes last a bit longer...my 'lite' shoes (my Newtons...they're only 7 ounces)...I only wear on sprint and hill days, otherwise I feel like my legs are made of lead, lol.

Trail running will definitely shred your shoes. I always wear my older pairs to trail run. I actually have a pair of trial running shoes but I use them so infrequently I dont acknowledge them
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    nike shox! They are oh so cute and stylish and have lasted me almost a year now without any injury. Just two days ago they had started rubbing on my toes so time for a new pair.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Runner 13. Seems to be a decent shoe.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    brooks!
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wear the Nike Lunarglide Livestrong edition. I abesolutely love them!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have 2 pair in rotation right now; Brooks Ghost 3, and Brooks Defyance 3s. I've tried Asics Gel Nimbus 12 before and got blisters so I ditched them. Sticking with Brooks as I've never had a blister in those even during my 30k training.
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    Nike LunarGlide. Very light, although not all that great for wet conditions. Good cushioning, minimise pronation.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Saucony and Mizuno the latter being my favorite. I am due for two new pair :)

Definitely Mizunos here! Love them!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Vibram Five Fingers...I can see myself sticking with minimalist shoes, although I might try another brand's style of minimalist for the winter time...