Yeah, I know, it's hokey, but it's true

Options
reepobob
reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
Those that are friends of mine suspect it, I am sure, but I am just going to say it right out...this dorky dude found love on a diet and fitness website. I wasn't trying to find anyone on here...hell I was just trying to lose weight and get fit. A certain beautiful, smart, funny, sexy, and very caring woman sent me a friend request out of the blue...pun intended because she liked my blue eyes, and the "friendship" started out just like any other on MFP...the WTGs on status updates, the occasional comment, the "how is it going" or "good morning". But, one day, I found out that both of my Grandparents as well as an Aunt were all deteriorating at the same time and long story short, they all died within 7 days of one another. I posted my situation and this special woman really reached out with genuine caring and concern and really helped me deal with the loss of three very special people in my life.

We became closer on MFP with long winded PMs, eventually texts, and then the inevitable phone conversations. We talked about our families, our shared divorces (or pending divorces), MFP stuff, love, relationships, our love for favorite sports teams...everything.

As if fate was dealing me a winning hand, I was stationed in a job for the summer that put me a short 4 hour drive from this special woman's home and in early June, we made plans to actually meet. The meet was initially awkward, both of us slightly unsure of ourselves, but we recovered from the initial awkwardness and had a wonderful two days, mostly just talking and sharing each other's company over dinner that Friday, then breakfast and lunch the following day. After that weekend, I knew in my heart that I was falling for this woman and I suspected that she was falling for me...

We continued to stay in constant contact over the past few weeks and this last weekend, we had a chance to meet up again and the time I spent with her was like her and I had been together for years...you know that you have met the person for you when you can be comfortable in your own skin, be yourself, and thoroughly enjoy just being together.

I guess what I am doing posting this thread is two-fold. I want to tell the world that I love this woman, little_laura and God willing, her and I will have a long future together. We are separated by 600 miles and a lot of logistical hurdles, but I am a patient man and I hope that she is a patient woman. The other thing I want to say is that you shouldn't be afraid to take a risk and meet people just because they are MFP friends and not "real" friends. I have met people on here that I consider real friends and I hope to meet each and every one of them one day...don't be afraid to take that scary step if you think you might have found someone...this ISN'T just a diet and fitness website...it is a global community of people who at least in one area of their life have something in common...who knows, Mr. or Mrs. Right may be out there for you...

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    YAY! Love you both! I'm go glad to be friends and wish you happiness always :)!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Yeah, but I still hate her Steelers...LOL!
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How nice! Congratulations to you both!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope everything works out for you!
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    <~~~~~grabbing a tissue. That was sooooo sweet
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This is lovely. I'm so happy for you both.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    How wonderful -- I suspected it since you are both my friends. It warm every inch of my heart ... love ya both!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im so happy for you both
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I still hate her Steelers...LOL!

Watch it bub. :wink:
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I've seen the two of you around, we have many mutual friends and I'm so happy for you. I have met so many wonderful people here on MFP and gotten to know some of them very well, one in particular:) It's a great website and there are so many amazing people here. Congrats to the both of you:)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the both of you! :heart:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    congratulations! :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend through... uncommon means just like this :) We lived 2,000 miles apart. I've been living with him for nearly 4 years now. How fantastic it all turned out, I am so glad to hear your story. I hope it turns out awesome! I know for a fact it can :happy:
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    that's probably the best thing i've read all day...as i swallow the lump in my throat. congrats to both of you. an inspiration to us all
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm soooo happy for you both!!! It would be great to see you two over the next few years and be able to say, "Yeah, I knew them way back 'when'..." LOL... Happy you found each other... and maybe my "Mr. Right," as you said, is out there somewhere, too ;)
  • fishbrain976
    fishbrain976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    its just amazing how two people can come together. congrates
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    OMG !!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR !!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO SUPER HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU !!!!!! This had to be the best thing I have ever seen on this site so far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A true friendship that resulted in a love afair !! ***head in hand s*** deep sigh ***** aaaahhhhh

This is hopeful for sooo many other people on this site .

BOB and LAURA !!!! I love you both and I am truly happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one warms my heart !! XOXOXXOXOXO

MUAH !!!!!! and BRAVO to Bob for NOT being afraid to post his TRUE feeling on MFP for all of us to see !!! You are awesome !
  • reepobob
    Options
    OMG !!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR !!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO SUPER HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU !!!!!! Thsi had to be the best thing I have ever seen on this site so far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A true friendship that resulted in a love afair !! ***hhead in hand s*** deep sigh ***** aaaahhhhh

This is hopeful for sooo many other people on this site .

BOB and LAURA !!!! I love you both and I am truly happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one warms my heart !! XOXOXXOXOXO

MUAH !!!!!! and BRAVO to Bob for NOT being afraid to post his TRUE feeling on MFP for all of us to see !!! You are awesome !

Thanks...as wise Friend Owl says, "I am twitterpated..." LOL
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Very sweet....CONGRATS!!!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    aww that's sweet! I :heart: :heart: Thanks for sharing it with us. A feel-good post! Yeah!