What's your daily calorie budget?

Options

Replies

• ohskinnyme
    ohskinnyme Posts: 24
    Options
    Mine is 1200, but I rarely make that. I eat on average about 500 calories a day (I suffer with IBD and stress related food phobias, so food is not my friend, though I miss it and love it and talk about it a lot!). I just hope that I can get over that and still maintain my weight loss.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Mine is 950, I try not to make it though. However yesterday I only got to 127calories. So I've implemented a minimum too which is now 500 :)

Your post and your goal weight freak me out!!!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Mine is 950, I try not to make it though. However yesterday I only got to 127calories. So I've implemented a minimum too which is now 500 :)

wow, girl your body needs you to eat!

Wow - I could eat that in a couple of small meals! At 5ft 3 surely that's too low, I dunno??!

I am on 1275 NET to lose 1lb a week - but I go over about twice a week, usually to about 1500-1600. So far seems to be working- I am 5ft 3.5, sometimes I eat all of the exercise cals sometimes I don't depends on hunger or what I have planned!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    MFP set my calorie intake at 1530. Most days I'm under this and on the days I exercise, sometimes I will and sometimes I won't eat back my calories x
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1200, I've had a couple of evenings out in the 3 weeks I have been logging where I have been over but for the rest i'm under 50-100. I lost 4lbs in the first week but then gained 6lb in a day when TOM arrived, still only lost four of the six so I have actually gained 2lb :( I'm plodding on and will see what this week brings.... Any advice or (friendly) criticism at my diary is welcome.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I eat 700 before the gym, when I wake up lol....and a shake after the gym brings me up to 940 lol
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Currently about 1300-1500 but generally about 1400. I found 1200 to hard to stick with and was starving all the time. I am still losing weight with 1400 and I'm not hungry which prevents me from snacking on crap as I was hungry before. FInd it great and I am eating well.
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    1300 for a 0.9lb a week loss. I was on 1200 but found it too difficult to keep to on non exercise days. If I do exercise I may eat the calories back, it all depends on whether im still hungry or not (usually am though haha)

xx
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I Eat 1350 calories without exercice and I eat most of my exercice calories (about 75%) And I am 4'11'' tall so being little has nothing to do with having less then 1000 calories a day.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    1410 - supposedly to lose 2lbs per week, but that doesn't happen and i generally do keep under on average.
    but that's ok, i'm comfortable with it.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    2260 to lose 1 lb per week. *Really hopes this isn't like WW where are the short chicks get mad at me* lol
  • AuntNiecey
    AuntNiecey Posts: 26
    Options
    Geez, is this an anorexic site or what? just kidding. Lots of low calorie counts out there. Rec: see a "sports" nutritionist if you're working out!

Mine is at 1500 minimum and I eat my exercise calories (IF I'm hungry).
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1600 (prior to exercise) to lose 1.5 lbs. per week.
    And I almost always eat most of my exercise calories too...I have a good appetite. :-)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I just dropped mine to 1269 (matching my BMR), so I can be motivated to workout to eat dinner. I frequently eat about 1/3-1/2 my exercise cals back. Next week I may raise it back up to 1350 just to change things up. Down to my last 7.2 lbs I have to adjust at least weekly my workouts/calories.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    1330 net calories and I always eat back my exercise calories. I've been losing between .5 and .75 per week, which is perfectly fine with me. I'm not in a race to get the weight off.
  • Ken_Roper
    Ken_Roper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1900. I usually keep it well below -- in the range of 1500-1600 or less. However, my dr. says it is not good to go into starvation mode -- too few calories can be counterproductive and also hurt your body. It is better to balance calories/activities and lose weight at a little slower pace.
  • Ken_Roper
    Ken_Roper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1200, I've had a couple of evenings out in the 3 weeks I have been logging where I have been over but for the rest i'm under 50-100. I lost 4lbs in the first week but then gained 6lb in a day when TOM arrived, still only lost four of the six so I have actually gained 2lb :( I'm plodding on and will see what this week brings.... Any advice or (friendly) criticism at my diary is welcome.

Make sure you keep your water intake up. I can easily gain 6 lbs during that TOM, if I don't watch my sodium intake and drink lots of water. But usually once it's over, I am down again. I did see that you tend to go over on your sugar quite often. You may want to see if cutting back on that will help, too. I am a year older than you and I have noticed that since I've turned 40 my body really holds the water if I go over on sodium, so I make sure I track that, too.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I zig zag with an average of 1300cal/day (net) through the week. I work out daily, so in reality I eat 1700-1900cal/day. I can't imagine routinely being too much under that (or not getting some exercise in at least 5 days/week), I think my head would explode :laugh: