Jillian Michaels DVDs support

Options

Replies

• catclws
    catclws Posts: 15
    Options
    I have 3 of her DVDs 30 day shred,banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones. Since the 30 day shred has 3 levels and are only 20 minutes long. I work either level 1 or 2 and then work out with one of the other video's which are about 45minutes long. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and love the results. I' firming up,losing inches and weight. Jillian's work outs are kick but and I have to modify some of the moves until I build up strength but the results are worth it!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I did both 30DS and the ripped in 30 and loved the results. I hated the workouts!!! But it's done before you know it and that's the part I love!! I have fallen off the wagon and have been trying to find my energy to start the ripped in 30 again. I will get there!!!

Right there with you! I have 30DS, NMTZ, BFBM, and CK (Cardio Kickbox). Oh, and YM (Yoga Meltdown). They ALL kick my *kitten*, but I think I've had decent results. Not a huge fan of the yoga one, but that's cause yoga bores me. I did one round of the shred, but stupidly didn't have pics or measurements so I can't really say if it did anything or not. Pretty much the only other exercise I do is running a couple days a week (by running, I mean jogging slowly and panting for air and hoping I'm not going to die). And I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm thinking of starting another round of the shred, or any actual workout plan (as opposed to whichever dvd i'm in the mood for, lol). When I first started doing her DVD's, though, I threatened to write a book about her called 'The Devil Wears a Sports Bra', lol.

For pics of how well Jillian works you, check out Shreddingit's profile. Amazing!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of the Boost Metabolism/Burn Fat one. It's got 7 6 minute cycles and I think I did 4 - did a 30 minute workout, at least. It's hard on the knees, but I I did it on carpet/on a mat, and I think having done yoga for a while helped. It's a workout! I was dripping with sweat afterwards. I really like the variety of the workout. Some of the moves are a bit difficult and there don't seem to be as many ways to modify the moves for beginners (like me), but it's good motivation to work harder, I guess.

Burpees are KILLER. :sad: <---- This is not me crying. This is me sweating like a pig.

I logged it like I did the shred - circuit training.

I bought the Trouble Zones one, too - maybe I'll do that one tonight.
  • sonyume
    sonyume Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really like Blast Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. Currently I don't really have time in my day for them but i can't WAIT until I do. Essentially once baby boy consistently sleeps all the way thru the night. I'm so far off the wagon it's not even funny. And when I started Jillian before I was already in ok shape, so while I did have the common disdain for her that others have, I'm sure it'll be a thousand times worse now, lol. But at least I know what I'm getting into. in any event, when that time comes, I'll make sure I'm around to commiserate. *smile*
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of level 2 of 30DS. I'm agree with everyone and I'm starting to really resent her! I've been struggling with staying motivated for level 2...I can't "keep it up" and sometimes I pause for a few seconds between cycles or I take it a little easier on some of the exercises. I feel so guilty! I haven't taken my measurements, but I've seen some great results from my thighs/quads and stomach! After I finish 30DS it'll be time to go back to college, so I'm hoping to get another DVD that's not so intensive and "go, go, go!" Maybe pilates or kickboxing--any suggestions?
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    When I first started doing her DVD's, though, I threatened to write a book about her called 'The Devil Wears a Sports Bra',

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    You know I'm in mo....finished day 16 of 30DS yesterday. I've gone straight through with only 1 day off until today. Got a flu bug today, so I'll be taking today off too.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    im wondering how many calories you think your burn from 30DS 20/25min workout
    ive logged it as high intensity aerobics?
    any ideas?
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    im wondering how many calories you think your burn from 30DS 20/25min workout
    ive logged it as high intensity aerobics?
    any ideas?

My HRM had me at 218 for the 27 minutes my HRM was on. That was Day 1 Level 1.
  • coggins6170
    Options
    I am on Day 4 of 30DS. I do the 30DS for 20 min then the Shred w/ weights so I get an hour in plus 1 mile walk, plan is to take one day a week off, but that day will be walking my 4 miles I will post my results - I weigh every tuesday and check my measurements every couple of weeks.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 of 30DS, but I spent much longer than 10 days on level 1 (more like 20 days). I like level 2 better -- it's tougher, but more "fun" to me. I've heard bad things about level 3 though. :smile:

I'm feeling much stronger but I honestly haven't seen a huge result as far as inches lost yet, and I'm working my butt off eating well, shredding, and doing a run/walk program. I've only been doing all of those things for about a month though, so maybe it's just taking my body awhile to get into the swing of it? Or maybe I'm expecting too much. I did lose 6 pounds in a month (about 3 weeks of that month I did shred)....I've got a lot to lose, so I had hoped that if I was shredding and running and eating well that the weight would just fly off. I probably just need to be more patient. :ohwell:

I'm not going to stop shredding though; I feel so hardcore when I've finished a Jillian workout! :smile:
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for posting.

It's great to see that we're in different stages of different workouts but have a lot of similiar stories.

Many of you made wonderful points:
    Do it at your own pace - if you can do it everyday, woo hoo for you. If you can't, you can't! Just stick with it.

It's ONLY 20, 30, 40 minutes - that's as long as some TV shows. Then WHY does it sometimes feel like hours?

Loving to hate Jillian is ok - try to resist punching the TV when she tells you not to "phone it in" or when she tells you to keep going RIGHT at the point where you want to stop! How does she know?!?!

Take your measurements!!! If you don't know how to measure your waist correctly (cough cough, right here), look online to see how to do it. You will NOT be disappointed if you are putting 90-100% into those workouts. As my buddy Keda says, sometimes you'll halfass some of the workout. We've all been there!

You are a total badass when you finish a Jillian DVD (I love that, pam!)

If you love to hate Jillian, make sure you find another activity that you love to do. I'm about to graduate from the C25K program and look forward to those runs.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Ripped in 30
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 1 of ripped in 30...so glad i did 30DS first since some of the moves are the same...
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I did both 30DS and the ripped in 30 and loved the results. I hated the workouts!!! But it's done before you know it and that's the part I love!! I have fallen off the wagon and have been trying to find my energy to start the ripped in 30 again. I will get there!!!

don't wait until you find the energy... get started and the energy will magically appear! you can do it!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max....Jillian does level 2 on this workout....along with Bob and Kim!! What a great Cardio video...if you haven't tried it yet!!! I also am doing the TBL Power Sculpt....Jillian does level one on this with Kim doing level 2 and Bob doing level 3!!! They are both great workout!!! I love them!!

I have done the 30DS....lost no weight but lost 7 inches!!! So, I am very happy with the results!!! I have her 6 week 6 pack...but not really ready for that one yet!!! Going to try the ripped in 30 next!!!

Good luck to everyone!!

edited for spelling errors...sorry if I missed any others!!!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about the Biggest Loser workouts. It's nice to have a mix of trainers.

Well, I did Level 3 of the 30DS twice this morning. I'm finding it really hard to get my heart rate up in Level 3 (to burn the big calories). I'm thinking it's because there's a lot of weights and resistance in the cardio portions of Level 3 but I'm not sure. If sweat is still a factor, I'm ok!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on L1D6 of 30DS. I've even convinced my boyfriend to do it with me a couple of times and hearing him yell at Jillian gives me the motivation to finish, hahaha.

I've tried Bob's Body Rev Cardio Conditioning. Let me tell you, he's sneaky sneaky. Jillian is at least honest and in your face about kicking your butt. Bob on the other hand convinces you that he's in this with you and it will all be okay, we can do this together. Then, BAM! Part of the way in you realize the man is trying to reduce the planet's population 1 workout at a time starting with YOU! Needless to say, I didn't finish that one (still hurt for a week). After I finish 30DS and c25K I hope to go back and defeat Bob.

Considering adding the six week six pack to the 30DS, has anyone tried this combo?
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and now i'm on day 2 of Ripped in 30..some of the moves are the same as 30DS so we will see how that goes.
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Somehow, I don't think it's normal to puke after doing 30DS! That kicked my butt today! I have soo much more work to do!