Does your significant other know?

Options
Hi, my significant other was getting jealous of MFP so now I limit it, especially in front of him. Just wondering what others experiences are.....does your significant other know that you MFP?

Replies

• SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My husband knows. But he's jealous of my phone in general. lol If I'm on it, its either text messaging, FB or MFP. Drives him insane.
  • jmdep68
    jmdep68 Posts: 8
    Options
    My wife knows, but thinks it is just something I do to pass time. lol I have tried to get her to do it, especially with her being diabetic, but she just doesn't want to. I don't limit it around her, and even have the app on my phone for when I am away.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend actually created an account to kind of cheer me on. Maybe you could suggest that to him so he can be a part of your journey too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I talk about it all the time with him!
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    my bf knows and doesn't care. probably bc he's more active here than i am :laugh:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yupp he knows. @ first he didn't want me to lose weight, now he seems OK with it but he still makes fun of me for being on it so much.
  • lunula76
    lunula76 Posts: 38
    Options
    My Boyfriend is on it too but he doesn't rely on it as much as I do. I don't think it bothers him but I do sometimes feel like a jerk when I am out with friends and using it.
    My friends son now asks if he can put my food in every time I eat in front of him :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I stopped talking about it to my fiance, because he said I waste my time being on here (commenting on people's weight loss, food diaries, posts, etc.)...

He still knows I am on here, obviously, but I just don't discuss it with him anymore, as I think he does get kind of jealous...especially when I tell him I wrote a blog or something...
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Yes she knows (she turned me on to MFP long ago). She has no problem with it at all.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: mine knows,i used to live on facebook but closed it so i spend more time on here,he thinks at least it is better for me!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My BF knows about it and necourages me to log my cals and weight on it all the time but then he is very supportive and encouraging of my weight loss journey in general, so i guess im lucky :-)
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    BAHAHA

Yeah mine has no freaking idea....He just knows im on a fitness website.....But I do limit my time on here when he is around...
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My hubby is on here just as much as I am. First he was here to cheer me on. Now he's doing it for himself as much as he's doing it for me. :smile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Mine knows,why wouldnt I tell him? Hes cool with it,maybe a little suprised I have not gotten banned yet lol
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks I'm insane, but definitely supports the fitness aspect of MFP! He's not worried about the social aspect, just my neurotic calorie-counting/exercising behavior! Although if I spend too much time entering a recipe on here or something I start getting looks from across the dining table...
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Mine just laughs at me: "Surprise surprise, on your fitness site again..." and then he grins.

I also send him links to interesting forum topics and talk to him about my MFP friends all the time.

BTW, jealousy of a website is a red flag. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker but it's something that should be discussed. I dated a guy like that and it was a toxic relationship.
  • jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows, never had a problem with it. He'll ask me when we go out, do you have the Ipod so you can log in your food? He knows just how anal I am about it. I think he likes the shrinking me too lol.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    OMG! Every single time I pull out my laptop, he goes berserk. I feel like I have to be a 'closet MFP'er' when he is home. I try to get all my logging and commenting done before he gets home. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez! :sad:

I think it's more that we don't have a lot of time together (2 nights a week at the most) and he would like to spend time with me. I am home all day, so I *SHOULD* do all my computer stuff then, anyways!

He is very supportive of me, but I think he just wishes it was a little less computer time. I DO have a tendency to 'wander' from this site to facebook to emails, to celebrity blogs....
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    My BF knows and while he doesn't really care much about the site he is supportive of me trying to be fit and healthy.

He did have a moment when he glimpsed my before and during bikini picture and said, hey, what's that?? ha
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    my hubby helps me out and is so supportive of this whole process.
    i don't think anything really makes him jealous lol