Does your significant other know?

Options

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little confused.....why are so many spouses/significant others jealous of a website!? :huh:

That's just really really bizarre to me. I don't get it.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't really jealous of the websits themselves. Just really the fact that I'm spending a lot of time on the computer or on my phone and not with him. I have limited my usage and he's been pretty cool about things. He just enjoys spending time with me and talking and discussing our day instead of my nose stuck in a computer or phone. Makes him feel a little insignificant. And I can understand that.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had to limit it also. My husband hated it at first, especially when I would talk about it. We had a huge fight over it about a month into my weight loss journey so I stopped talking about it altogether and wouldn't come on the site if he was home. Then one day he asked about it thinking I had quit trying to lose weight. He doesn't get annoyed with it now because he realizes that it's a great tool to assist me in my journey. He still gets annoyed sometimes when I scan my food before I eat though.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Yeah !! he HATED it!!!

but you know what?

we had a big argument about it, and then he started an account!!

Now, I think he is as sucked in as the rest of us!!!

( I think he still wishes I would spend less time here)

but I think it was like if you can't beat em join em....

I am glad he did.
  • jeansjem
    jeansjem Posts: 3
    Options
    Mine hubby knows and freaks out.. He says he loves me the way I am. I told him I am trying to not gain any more weight. He then says we all die in the end so I should just do what I want. So i have to be closet person with my weight.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My man friend doesn't know that I'm on here, but it's no different than any other website. Although... I did find one of his friends on here... :embarassed: this could get awkward:ohwell:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My hubs knows... and he doesn't care. He sees that I am being healthier, happier and more active because of it. That's definitely not something he's going to ream me about :D

Plus, I don't do jealousy. If he ever displayed feelings like that I'd kick him in the family jewels and tell him to turn in his man card.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    My husband is well aware of this website. I talk about it constantly. I don't think he honestly cares though.. he isn't really into 'fitness'.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Yes and he HATES it along with my phone texting and Face book account !!!!! OH well sucks to be him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes and my wife totally supports it. Like anywhere there are trollers when you online but there are also people who have the best intentions. We choose who are our friends and when they no longer seem to be friends we eject them from our friend list and move on. If that does not help we block them from sending messages and move on.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine knows. He was present when I created my account, and he is there sometimes when I log my food. I think he could care less.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yes and he HATES it along with my phone texting and Face book account !!!!! OH well sucks to be him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice and subtle...LOL...
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

Nice and subtle...LOL...

LOL sorry Bob but he drives me nutts !! he calls me a MFP crack head and says that hafl of theses people arent real ...WHATEVER he is just jealous thats all !!! I will not cave in and stop using it not for him or anyone I LOVE ALL MY NEW FRIENDS ON HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My other half knows I log food on the app but I'm not telling him about the site as he got so paranoid about Facebook I deleted my account. For some reason he thinks I'm going to meet someone and run off I am only friends with women on here so if he does find out he won't freak but with 3 kids and no time to myself its nice to have my little private thing
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't get why so many people here are so shocked by the topic or that it can indeed be an issue. There are a lot of discussions that take place (message board and private) here that a spouse or significant other might not feel is appropriate. It is also not just simply a jealousy issue. Chances are there are several people on your friends list that are neglecting something from being on MFP too much. Their partner, chores, kids, work and as crazy as it may sound their own fitness.

Great topic by the way.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    My wife knows about the website but has no idea it is so informative. She lives on facebook anyway
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    He's on here too. Maybe you should suggest he join in? Even if he doesn't want to lose weight, he can motivate YOU.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My wife uses MFP too so we are in it together.. We both have phones and text each other and no one seems jealous or put out by it :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Man, that is the craziest thing that people's spouses are jealous or hate that this website is being used to be healthier. I'm sooooooo grateful I'm not married to a control freak, or the jealous type. My husband is COMPLETELY supportive and LOVES that I'm on here. He even used it for a bit but never browses the internet enough to make it consistent. He plays his offline video games and I get on here when taking a break from homework. We do EVERYTHING together and are best friends. We don't have Facebook as we think its retarded. He is completely in to the healthy lifestyle though as he helps me when cooking by measuring everything acurately and being reasonable. We go on walks all the time together and do other active things.

I have it good I guess! :P
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    he knows that I'm logging my calories online and on the app on the phone. I don't think he knows that the website has forums and how you can "friend" people.