Runners please read this post and reply

Options
13»

Replies

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I read this yesterday and decided to respond after my next running session... I'll be honest, I thought it was pretty damn funny, what people won't do to discourage others from being the best they can be.

So, I ran. Didn't notice any extra jiggling in my face. Didn't feel that my cheeks were flapping up and down... Truthfully, it just fetl... GREAT!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i think your friend is just scared that she CAN'T run!

Besides, in a very preliminary study running has been shown to increase the number of newly generated neurons within the brain.This could have significant implications in aging as well as learning and memory. (^ van Praag H, Kempermann G, Gage FH (March 1999). "Running increases cell proliferation and neurogenesis in the adult mouse dentate gyrus". Nat. Neurosci. 2 (3): 266–270. doi:10.1038/6368. PMID 10195220.)

Let her swallow that!
  • bassettpig
    bassettpig Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    don't make me quote myself:

Running is terrible for you! It will make your uterus fall out and your knees explode into fiery balls of light. Avoid running at all costs. You've been warned...

I was going to reply w/something like this, but I see I have been beaten to the punch....those who want to believe running is bad for you will believe that no matter what. I am 51 now and people often seem surprised by my age, taking me for 5-10 years younger.

Even if there was the slightest grain of truth in what your friend said, the physical and mental benefits I derive from running far outweigh my vanity regarding a few more wrinkles.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Your friend is a twit.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd stop being friends with someone that dumb. Running (like anything high impact) can be a bit hard on your joints, but if you maintain proper form, stretch, and listen to your body, then you have nothing to worry about.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I actually have heard this before and have even seen someone wearing a "face bra"!! But from what I've read it's not based on ANY concrete evidence, just some plastic surgeon's personal opinion. Quite frankly, even if it did give me wrinkles I'd still do it though. Just like laughing. I don't give a crap if I'm getting "laugh lines" around my eyes. I earned them, dammit! LOL Wrinkles just are not on the top of my priority list.
  • amarie002
    amarie002 Posts: 1
    Options
    seems like someone has a serious 'frenemy' issue on their hands.

and lets be real here.. id much rather be healthy, thin, fit with a healthy heart and have a few lines on my face rather than out of shape with a baby-like face.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I actually have heard this before and have even seen someone wearing a "face bra"!! But from what I've read it's not based on ANY concrete evidence, just some plastic surgeon's personal opinion. Quite frankly, even if it did give me wrinkles I'd still do it though. Just like laughing. I don't give a crap if I'm getting "laugh lines" around my eyes. I earned them, dammit! LOL Wrinkles just are not on the top of my priority list.

noooooo! someone beat me to it?? I was all set to quit my day job too.....RATS!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Sounds like my friend is full of BS! I kinda figured that one, but wanted to get some feed back from some people with experience. I have been running since May and I am growing to love it. I would never stop running, even if it did cause wrinkles. I really wanted proof to throw back in her face, to be honest. Because she has no proof, but people that do it all the time are the proof that it is not true.

Sorry gingerfoxxx! The person that developed the face bra probably started this stupid false crap anyway! lol