Things You Didn't Know Before MFP

Options

Replies

• alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    I had no idea how bad that one cookie here or there all day was.
    I had no idea that I could ever wear a size medium.
    I had no idea that I could ever weigh less than 200 pounds.
    I had no idea that I would look forward to working out.
    I had no idea that I would get sick when I tried to eat fried foods or very unhealthy stuff again.
    I had no idea I was capable of taking control of my life and pursuing my goals :).
  • jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    I thought 'insanity' was just a state of mind !
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    TOM = Time of the Month
    NSV = Non Scale Victory
    HRM = Heart Rate Monitor
    BUMP = A way of saving the topic under your "Recent Forum Posts" on your profile
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I didn't know the 57 people who are now my friends.

I didn't know I'd get motivated to work out so that I could post my results and share my achievements with others.

I didn't know how much sodium I really was eating.

I didn't know that losing weight could actually be....FUN!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had no clue as to how many calories it takes to survive, at my age, sex and height. If you have no concept of how many calories you need, versus how many you are eating - the numbers meant NOTHING to me. And, due to my own ignorance, I put on weight that I neither intended to put on; nor had any idea of how many calories I was eating. I had to have been eating 3-5,000 calories every day - without realizing it.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I didn't know how much I was really eating. I was going way over in calories, fat, and everything! I had no idea that my diet was so horrible.
    I also didn't know how much sodium I consumed. I didn't think about all of the sodium they add in foods. I was just thinking about what I used out of the salt shaker. lol
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Didn't know who the hell TOM was...:ohwell:

:laugh:

I didn't know that the right kind of cardio was as important as strength. I didn't know that it is HARD for women to bulk up and to go heavy on the weights to see progress. I've leaned SO, SO, much from this site and found links to other informative sites on this site. I :heart: MFP. I've also learned some things about myself in the process of learning about my body.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I didn't know I was supposed to eat my exercise calories and I had no clue what net cals were.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I too didn't realize how many calories I was consuming! I love tracking it all on here! Really keeps me in check when I know I have to add it to my diary! hehe! and I love that I have found MFP w/ so many great people and tips on here all working towards creating a better/more healthy life!

Yes, this was a huge wake up call for me, the amount of calories I ate!
  • 2day2morrow4ever
    2day2morrow4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i didn't know how much a person could eat for 1200 calories per day until i started investigating things when i began MFP.
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    Didn't know who the hell TOM was...:ohwell:

Glad I'm not the only one! That one took me awhile :laugh:

8812617.png
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    didn`t know there was so many wonderful people on this website.it sure makes it easier when you have support
    jane
  • lubilu24785
    Options
    Your comment made me chuckle so much as i havent a clue either...let me know if you find out :) x
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I didnt know I would be here for 2 months and STILL not know what "NSV" , "HRM" or "Bump" is.

And who is Tom?

TOM= time of month:wink:

YIKES! ok...and BUMP? Dare I ask?

BUMP= Bring Up My Post. (The more replies a post gets, it gets up at the top of the forum). People also just say BUMP when they would like to save the page to read later.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    *I did not know that if u count cal's u CAN lose weight! Seriously, I thought I could lose maybe a lb or 2 but NEVER though I could lose a good amount of weight!

*I did not know how measure food- or proportion size.

*I did not know how much extra energy I have and more motivation I have to try new exersizes by being healthier.

*I did not know I could eat less and still be full- and feel full longer by healthier foods.

*How much happier and more self confident I would be!
  • lubilu24785
    Options
    Thank you :) x
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there were so many people around my age who were as heavy as I was or heavier. Made me wish I found it sooner.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I didn't know I could push myself to do challenges
    I didn't know that Jillian Michael's wants to kill me in a good way
    I didn't know there were so many awesome people willing to support others
    I didn't know that so many awesome people would appreciate my supporting them
    I didn't know that I would ever find it hard to eat 1200 calories in a day
    I didn't know that I could really do this...

but I know all these things now and I am so happy that I do!

Thanks all for teaching me such wonderful new things!
  • naomisimpson247
    Options
    1 lb of fat or 1 lb of muscle both weigh the same. 1 lb of popcorn weighs the same as 1 lb of fat. A pound is a pound. Its like a trick triva question...what weighs more 3 tons of bricks or 3 tons of feathers. They both weigh the same.
  • chromatique
    chromatique Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What does NSV and HRM mean?
    I didn't know I was consuming SO MANY calories whenI though i was eating so little.
    Didn't know I had to exercise as much as I do to burn it off.
    Didn't know it would be so fun to challenge myself to stay just under the caloric intake goal everyday (why else would I go walking at 10pm!!!)
    Thanks!