Sweat a lot

13»

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Heavy sweater over here as well. Lucked out with the smell tho; I've been told its very 'musky' :P

It's definitely genetics though. My parents sweat like me. Some people just have more reactive sweat systems I guess!
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    I'm a heavy sweater. I have a dozen headbands in my gym bag. If I don't wear one, the sweat runs into my eyes and stings.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I don't necessarily sweat a lot, but what I do sweat stinks!!!!!!!! I have to change deodorants every few weeks! Sheesh!

FYI,
    Just something that I would mention because I wasn't aware.
    Deodorant doesn't last 8 hours with me. I start smelling BO on myself later in the day.

Then I got explained the difference between deodorant and antiperspirants.
    I know a male friend I sometimes see, who I know uses deodorant because in the evenings he smells. The next time I see him in a private setting, I will let him know about antiperspirants.

For the men.
    I use an Gilette triple action and love it. It has antiperspirants with deodorant.

The "clinical protection" types are very good, but they only block perspiration where they're applied. The rest of me still sweats like a farm animal when I work out. ;)

And you're right-deodorants add a nice smell to you but do not limit perspiration. Anti-perspirants limit or block sweating. Anti-perspirant-deodrants do both.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Sweat good... friend of working out girlie.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    I am my father's daughter for sure. I sweat at the drop of a hat. If it's slightly warm and I do something that is possibly exerting (but usually isn't) I start to sweat. Last time I went trying on workout shoes, I was doing a few squats and lunges and such - like a total of 10 - and I was dripping. It's embarrassing when it's doing something like that.

I'm always drenched after a good workout.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    The only thing that embarrasses me about getting really sweaty in the gym is that crotch sweat spot...not very lady like! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.