discouraged and depressed

Options
13»

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Also remember your ultimate goal is to be an active healthy person. Don't let the scale determine your success.

VERY VERY TRUE. When I was at my plateau, I had to remember "Yes, my clothes are still loose; Yes, I'm still wearing things I haven't had on for 8 years; and Yes, my husband says he can see a difference. And YES, I did just run 6 miles for the first time in my WHOLE LIFE." The scale is not the finish line.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You need to eat those calories back... The MFP program figures you with -500 calories a day so you can lose 1 pound a week (assuming thatbis what you are doing) if you go too low your body goes into starvation mode. Make sure you are taking your measurements. Take your blood pressure and have your doctor rum a blood panel on you. This is not about getting skinny but healthy. Trust me it will catch up if you really are doing what you say you are doing!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I hate plateaus. I was recently on one for about 6 weeks. Talk about your motivation-sucker! It was really hard to stick to it. Just be sure you're getting plenty of water (I'm talking way more than 8 glasses a day) and make sure you're eating enough calories. Trying to create to huge a calorie deficit may actually sabotage your efforts. And don't forget to take your measurements. Sometimes the scale doesn't budge, but your body changes shape.
  • Leisa42
    Leisa42 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have not lost an ounce since june 29, I have decided to give up a couple of times, but got back on. Still waiting for that scale to move, your not alone , it will, just stick with it!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    open your food diary.

use a food scale

add 20% to label calories on any restaurant or frozen meals

use exercise calories from a heart rate monitor

don't eat back exercise calories

simple math -- measure in and burn as accurately as possible and expect 1 lb loss from every 3500 calorie deficit. I'm willing to bet your measurements are off