If You Had No Choice...

Options
StephEx
StephEx Posts: 69 Member
Say your going out with some friends
And they want to go to a fast food restaurant,
what do you order?

I'll name some places, let me know what is the heathliest option if you had to eat there.

-Taco Bell
-Mcdonalds
-Chipotle
-Wendys
-Pizza Hut
-Subway
-Quiznos
-Arbys.

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    Anything in moderation. :flowerforyou:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    id go home and eat. i would never eat it! except subway and oats or raisin toast from maccas
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    McDonalds: Fruit & Walnut Salad!! [:

Edit: You can turn any sub into a salad at Subway. Just watch the cheese & dressing intake.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anywhere, its abou portion control and eating the best you can...

So eata salad and 1 slice of pizza and a glass of water, not Four slices and a large soda.......that's the difference
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I agree with the moderation idea, maybe also consider a kids' meal but just assume you will be doing extra workout soon after. You gotta live!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    subway six inch with ham or turkey. with cheese, salad and marinara sauce or mustard. the rest of the sauces are quite high in calories.
    maccas: uncle tobys oats brekkie
    mccafe: raisin toast w/ no marg.
    thats all i know of. most "salads" at fast food places are just as bad as the burgers there because of sauces croutons bacon and stuff like that.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i would say you always have a *choice* ... I'm learning that even the "healthiest" choices in these places will still trigger something in the brain. I did some research and discovered that a lot of the ingredients that fast food restaurants use, act like drugs to our brains, they release endorphins ... and thus make us want it more and more becoming addicted.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    McDonalds: Fruit & Walnut Salad!! [:

Edit: You can turn any sub into a salad at Subway. Just watch the cheese & dressing intake.
    ^^^^what's this crazy lady said^[^^
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds- I get 2 grilled chicken spicy buffalo wraps and tear off the extra wrap. I eat it with a diet coke. it is 350 calories. Or 400 calories if you eat it all.

Wendys- i get the ultimate grill chicken without the sauce, half fries diet coke it is about 500 calories

Subway and quiznos - chicken light dressing lots of veggies on whole wheat bread

I would go pick something else up if they went to those other places places.

This is only if it is a meal time. if it is a snack i might grab a diet pop and sit maybe steal 2 to 4 of their fries.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You *always* have a choice. It's your body :flowerforyou:
    That being said, every choice has its respective consequences, so just be sure to make informed decisions.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is probably the healthiest option, but they also have rather large portions. Still, you have the most control there over what goes into your meal, and everything is freshly made.

It's basically like Subway, but for burritos, and with better/fresher ingredients.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Taco bell has a "fresco" menu. The fresco crunchy taco would be best. Wendys has salads or the chili w/o cheese. At subway I get either a 6" turkey or chicken breast or ham on wheat.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Subway.

I really don't like any of those places - but, I can handle Subway now and then. The rest? ICK.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Oh, and at burger king, they have an awesome tendergrill salad.
    Or, you can just order the chicken that would come on it. [:
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'd get a 6" turkey sub on wheat with mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and maybe avocado at Subway, but I don't worry so much about sodium and I hear it's pretty bad there. And be VERY careful at Chipotle--their burritos have, like, 1000 calories each. Also I don't know about Pizza Hut but Domino's has thin crust pizza if you ask for it, and I actually think it tastes a LOT better than their normal type.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    check the menus online BEFORE you go (or even on here), so you can decide.

I personally love the salads at Chiopotle, no cheese, dressing or sour cream. Eat half with chicken, salsa, fajita veggies, beans, it's 400-something. not bad.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    Anywhere I go, I always order water. It does help!

-Chipotle- Burrito bowls. Black beans, cilantro lime rice, corn salsa, no cheese, and I order the sour cream/guacamole to the side. That way I can determine how much I have.

-Pizza Hut: Thin crust veggie pizza

-Subway: Veggie delight (no cheese) sub topped with a little oil and vinegar.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I agree with moderation. I can tell you that 2 McDonald hamburgers are only 500 calories. Just stay away from the fries.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, totally. Salad with black beans, fajita veggies, salsa, guac, no cheese no meat no sour cream no dressing was in the 300 calorie range, allegedly. And so good. I am a guacamole fiend.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Chipotle is probably the healthiest option, but they also have rather large portions. Still, you have the most control there over what goes into your meal, and everything is freshly made.

It's basically like Subway, but for burritos, and with better/fresher ingredients.

Except they have a 1200 calorie burrito there.... badness disguised as healthy options...

You always have a choice. I'd choose somewhere else.