SAHMU Team Red (closed group)

Options

Replies

• RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    oh, how do i put up the red team banner? i saw someone said they posted the link but i couldn't see it? maybe i'm stupid..lol. i'm new with myfitnesspal so i need all the help i can get!

Here you go! Just copy and put in your signature! Oh and change the IMG to img! ;)

red.jpg
  • young9
    young9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i'm testing my team red siggy!:happy:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hey Team Red, how's your Friday????
  • circusmom
    Options
    For Friday:
    cardio: 15min at 3mph
    30min at 4mph
    strength: 25 squats with 35lb barbell
    kitchen: will close at 8pm
    Come on Team Red let me see some posts on here!!!!
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Hi!
    I did L1D8 of my 30DS! I also did 45 minutes of walking! :happy:
    Kitchen closed , but it's Friday night. It's my drinking night. :drinker: I have more than enough calories left over to get a good buzz. So, I plan on drinking, but not eating. Not sure if that counts or not as a closed kitchen. :ohwell:
  • young9
    Options
    friday: got in my walk..50 minutes today at lunch and i did my squats.

kitchen will be closed shortly. don't have time to log all my food but i kept track at work today in a notebook so i'm good. i kept enough calories to enjoy a glass of wine. we are having a fire pit and dh will be drinking so i wanted to have something :)

my aunts funeral tomorrow so i'll try to be good with my eating but we are having a family dinner so i might splurge..just a little
  • Purplefly
    Purplefly Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey all late incoming lol but happy to here! Woot! Have to go visit mom but will post more tonight.

Hugs,
    Stacy
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Okay ~ Saturday has been busy! Bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee today! Well .. not brand new .. new to me! LOL!

Anyway ... I did my 30DS this morning. L1 D9! Woot! Only 30 mins though ... :-/

Kitchen is closed. I made it under calorie limit, but just barely. That's okay though. It's the weekend and I will be all real good come a week day! ;)

Hope y'all are having a great weekend! :)
  • circusmom
    Options
    For Saturday:
    Cardio: rest day
    Strength: 25 squats with 35lb barbell
    Kitchen: closed at 8pm, just barely

Ugh, missed morning walk cause I didn't get to bed til after midnight. Then missed evening walk cause it is pouring down rain, so I guess today will be my rest day for cardio.

Tomorrow we are either going to Aquatica or Adventure Island, either way, it's time for some family fun time!!!! Hope everyone enjoys thier Sunday!!!!
  • young9
    Options
    well, it was a tough day. my favorite aunts funeral. i didn't get anything in today. no walk, no squats and i didn't keep track of my food but i was pretty upset all day and didn't eat much anyway. i'll get all my tears out by bedtime and be back and ready to go tomorrow.
  • Purplefly
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight 177
    Starting SAHMU Weight 164.5
    Week 1 Weight 164.5
    Goal Weight 120

catching up info

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Wed: walked, Thursday: walked, Friday: swimming, Saturday: nada Sunday will be walking later
    Strength: 25 Squats have never really done these will try starting today (saturday)

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! always, I dont eat after 9

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Gained weight with each child and never got back to pre pregnancy weight. Hated myself for being one of those "fat moms" so was down on myself and ate more instead of getting off my lazy butt.

Mom of 3 older kids 16,13,12 it just finally came time to worry about me
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Okay! Sunday Fun Day! Hahaha!

I did my 30DS and it was the last day on level 1. Tomorrow I get to start level 2. I'm not sure how I feel about that! LOL!! I also did 20 mins of yoga.

Kitchen closed at 8pm tonight.

I hope y'all had a great weekend! :)
  • young9
    Options
    well, i had a GREAT day. did my 50 minutes of zumba. that included squats!! i did super with my eating...one good thing about hot days is, i don't feel as hungry. i'm getting super nervous for weigh in. its my first week actually trying since my hysterectomy and my dr specifically said it would be harder to lose right now. hopefully i have at least a little loss. i don't care how much..as long as its something!
  • circusmom
    Options
    For Sunday:
    Cardio: rest day
    Strength: rest day
    Kitchen: closed at 7:30pm
    Well, that's it for rest days for me, had one for strength and two for cardio.

How's everyone doing? Staying motivated???
  • Purplefly
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

So I did the squats yesturday, wasnt to bad really, Yay lol. My 13 yr old is so trying to test the waters these days, love em to death but it makes you wish for those days when they thought you were super human . Have a good day all.

Hugs,
    Stacy
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Okay ... today was Day 1 on level 2 of the 30DS. I'm bushed!

Kitchen closed by 8:30pm. :)
  • young9
    Options
    well, i wasn't one big hungry today until dinner so i didn't eat much.

did 50 minutes of zumba, with squats
    kitchen is closed at 8:25

feeling great!
  • circusmom
    Options
    For Monday:
    Cardio: 15 min at 3mph
    30 min at 4mph
    Strength: 25 squats with 30lb barbell
    Kitchen: closed at 6:30pm
  • circusmom
    Options
    Morning Team Red!!! here is the next week's challenge:

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

Tip of the week:
    Cayenne Pepper
    In the past five years cayenne pepper has been used in fat burners. Why you ask? Well, cayenne has thermagenic (heats up your body) properties. When your body has to cool itself down it requires calories to do so. Thus, creating a fire for your metabolism.

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
  • Purplefly
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight 177
    Starting SAHMU Weight 164.5
    Week 1 Weight 164.5
    Goal Weight 120

catching up info

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Wed: walked, Thursday: walked, Friday: swimming, Saturday: nada Sunday will be walking later
    Strength: 25 Squats have never really done these will try starting today (saturday)

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Kitchens closes at 9:30pm! always, I dont eat after 9

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Gained weight with each child and never got back to pre pregnancy weight. Hated myself for being one of those "fat moms" so was down on myself and ate more instead of getting off my lazy butt.

Mom of 3 older kids 16,13,12 it just finally came time to worry about me

Cardio :done
    Stregnth: did 3x
    Food Challenge: done
    Emotional Challenge: done