That time of the month ladies.. lil help?

Options
13»

Replies

• TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Working out is actually the best thing you can do. When you exercise, your body produces endorphins. Endorphins act as a natural pain killer and as the endorphin levels elevate, your pain level will lower. Aerobic exercises such as walking, biking, swimming and running can help to raise your endorphin level and reduce your pain. The endorphin benefits may build up with more activity, so instead of exercising only during painful periods, aim to exercise throughout the month.

So true. It takes every fiber of my being to work out during my TOM, but I feel sooooo much better after I do. I even have less cramps and bloating. Increase your dairy and iron intake, drink lots of water, eat some dark chocolate.
  • tamika2000
    Options
    If you find exercising difficult at this time, why not try just to exercise in the house. There are lots of DVD's out there or just make a playlist on utube of your favourite fitness videos. Why not make two playlists, a high impact and a low impact so you can work to a level you are comfortable with, depending on how you feel on the day.

Also I get major cravings for sweets at this time of the month... and try as I might I cannot resist the temptation. Now I always have some boiled sweets in the house. I can make one last a lot longer than a cake, and normally would only have around 35-40 calories a sweet..... I use it just to take the craving away. I also have plenty fruit in..... good for you, if you get an attack of the munchies hit the fruit if you can.

Oh and if you are anything like me... I rarely lose weight at this time....... Stay focused, don't lose heart and remember as soon as your body returns to normal the weight lose will show again fairly quickly. Don't let any weight gain at this time put you off.

Good luck.
  • tamika2000
    Options
    My doctor recommended taking magnesioum daily and eating magnesium rich foods, also exercise does really help. ever since I started taking magnesium for a full month, no cramps

I was advised this too.