Replies

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Aw, damnit. That'll teach me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I'm super interested in reading about crap that happened 6 years ago and commenting on it

lol
  • clags301
    clags301 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about weight being a factor, I'm sure it is though your bones in your feet are tiny in some places!!, but I know that well constructed high heels and different pitches of the sole itself make a HUGE difference on your level of pain.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    One of my motivations for losing weight has been being able to wear heels again. I'm never going to be able to wear the high ones for any length of time (badly healed broken foot), but even though I'm still overweight, I'm wearing 2-3" heels and not dying in them by the end of the day, which I couldn't do 70lbs ago.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I have always been big and wearing high heels hurts bad but I am wondering to all of the skinny women who are naturally skinny or have worked their butt's off to get there, is it easier to wear heels when you are thin and less painful???
    It's NEVER easy to wear heels. I have seen the feet of girls who have worn them up close and I have seem the wounds. They also tell me they wear it only because it's considered sexy. There may be exceptions but nobody is comfortable in these.

My wife knows I love them and she told me, "it's not my duty to please you or other men". She wears what won't hurt her legs. Besides she is very particular about setting a middle layer professional woman look at the office and not the cutesy admin assistant bringing coffee for Derek the MD.

There are many that are very comfortable.

I love wearing heels and strutting along. I have also seen many very professional women wearing heels. in fact it is great look and not cutesy admin assistant at all more like power woman no nonsense
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Uhm, I'm not thin at all (have never been under 160 my entire adult life) and I don't find wearing heels to be painful. If they are painful, it probably means the ones you have are the wrong size. Don't worry, it took me awhile to figure that out on my own (my mother taught me literally nothing, I'm afraid).

For me, the real difference was inserts for the balls of my feet and knowing that I need a slightly wider shoe than most. Once I figured those two things out, I was golden. I wear heels all the time.. for fun.. and because they make me feel better about myself (being overweight and all).

I mean, I'm definitely a ballet flats kind of girl, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't own at least one (or twenty) pairs of pumps, stilettos or high heeled boots. :P
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I have always been big and wearing high heels hurts bad but I am wondering to all of the skinny women who are naturally skinny or have worked their butt's off to get there, is it easier to wear heels when you are thin and less painful???
    It's NEVER easy to wear heels. I have seen the feet of girls who have worn them up close and I have seem the wounds. They also tell me they wear it only because it's considered sexy. There may be exceptions but nobody is comfortable in these.

My wife knows I love them and she told me, "it's not my duty to please you or other men". She wears what won't hurt her legs. Besides she is very particular about setting a middle layer professional woman look at the office and not the cutesy admin assistant bringing coffee for Derek the MD.

I have a friend who has worn 4 inch heels for so many years that her feet and back hurt a lot more when she wears flats. It's also very dependent on the quality and fit of the shoe. I used to do 4 hour shifts in a clothing store, no chance to sit. I had no problem with heels, even stilettos, because they fit well and had a bit of padding.

But the more important question: how did someone resurrect a thread from 2011??????? How do you even find this???