TOM - FAQs

Options
RANT! Are so many women really clueless about their period? I mean really? Below are some answers to questions that are WAY to common on here! I'm sorry, but I get so tired of reading these types of posts day in and day out. It isn't like your period is new to you, unless you are 11 or 12. It IS a fact of life for us, but why are you letting your period ruin it? I've gone swimming, hiking, rock climbing. even BACKPACKING in the backwoods during my period. I did not die. I did not attrack sharks or bears. I lived my life!

1) YES! You WILL gain weight during your period. It is called WATER RETENTION! It will go away - just like it has every month for the last 15 years. If it freaks you out, then don't weigh yourself that week!

2) YES! Tampons really do work in the water. DUH! Women have been using them for years and not chumming for sharks.

3) YES! Some people crave things during PMS and their week. Either eat it or don't. World will not come crashing down if you have a piece of chocolate.

4) YES! Some birth control pills make you gain a little weight. Some don't though. Talk to your Doctor - that's what she's for!

5) YES! You should work out just like you always do duing your period. You are not a fair maiden. This is the 21st century. If you have cramps/headaches/bloating, once again, talk to your Doctor. They makes drugs for this stuff. Why are you suffering?

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I ****ing love you right now for posting this rant!
    Best.
    Thread.
    Ever.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ;))
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    haha i love this
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!
  • StefD78
    StefD78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you are my HERO!!!!! *bows down*
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree. I'm tired of seeing grown women post about TOM every five minutes.

I get wanting to know what other women do/think, but have people never heard of Google? Or girl friends?
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Best.
    Thread.
    Ever.

^ THIS!!!!!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    someone please sticky this thread
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    lol, ditto. I mean, I didn't even bother reading the 2 threads I saw listed within a 5 minute period (haha, no pun intended) of each other just today as periods and problems or fair maidens issues, etc...lol Good times!
    Best.
    Thread.
    Ever.
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Love this! <3
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    counldn't have said it better myself!!!! cheers to you :drinker:
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ha...I may understand a 15 yr old asking these questions, but seriously, you've been dealing with this thing for pretty much your whole life...How do you still have questions???? HAHAHAH
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this. Last week I was on my period, and I was bloatey and miserable, and I found that working out actually made me feel BETTER. I didn't run a marathon or anything - just went to the gym and spent some time on the stationary bikes - but it definitely felt good to exert myself instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I just ate half a container of cream cheese frosting and not feeling one bit guilty. Usually I tame myself, but today I felt like giving in!!!! I just hate the visits especially after a procedure was done to minimize or eliminate them and TOM is still here!
  • duckychic
    duckychic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love it! :drinker:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Good post OP. I've been craving (and eating) peanuts and peanut butter a lot since my TOM started yesterday. Thank goodness both are low in carbs and sugar! :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    So glad to see I'm not the only one. I've tried to bite my tongue on this stuff, but for some reason, I cracked today! :explode:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen is mah homegirl :)

Along with those active heat wrap doohickeys. And peanut butter. I have no idea why I crave that stuff, but i'ts delicious at TOM especially.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great post

I have had TOM since I was 8years old now 31 nothing to it anymore lol. I rock my life just add my diva cup and keep on going :)