Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yes, im bumping my own thread. Wanna make sure the word gets out! Lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    So glad to see I'm not the only one. I've tried to bite my tongue on this stuff, but for some reason, I cracked today! :explode:

It's ok. We all get cranky at that TOM.

The :devil: made me say it. :laugh:

But it's like you read my mind! Is sex ed really that bad now, that girls aren't taught this stuff anymore?

And I'll admit, back in the day, I skipped out on quite a few gym classes, and especially swim classes, due to fair maiden issues, but that was just because I didn't want to take the class. Amazing how my gym teacher never caught on that I "had my period" every week for months on end.
  • Cmon78
    Cmon78 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    LOVE this post!
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    So glad to see I'm not the only one. I've tried to bite my tongue on this stuff, but for some reason, I cracked today! :explode:

It's ok. We all get cranky at that TOM.

The :devil: made me say it. :laugh:

But it's like you read my mind! Is sex ed really that bad now, that girls aren't taught this stuff anymore?

And I'll admit, back in the day, I skipped out on quite a few gym classes, and especially swim classes, due to fair maiden issues, but that was just because I didn't want to take the class. Amazing how my gym teacher never caught on that I "had my period" every week for months on end.

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My word!!!! :laugh: This is the bomb.com!!!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    +28738723821.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    RANT! Are so many women really clueless about their period? I mean really? Below are some answers to questions that are WAY to common on here! I'm sorry, but I get so tired of reading these types of posts day in and day out. It isn't like your period is new to you, unless you are 11 or 12. It IS a fact of life for us, but why are you letting your period ruin it? I've gone swimming, hiking, rock climbing. even BACKPACKING in the backwoods during my period. I did not die. I did not attrack sharks or bears. I lived my life!

1) YES! You WILL gain weight during your period. It is called WATER RETENTION! It will go away - just like it has every month for the last 15 years. If it freaks you out, then don't weigh yourself that week!

2) YES! Tampons really do work in the water. DUH! Women have been using them for years and not chumming for sharks.

3) YES! Some people crave things during PMS and their week. Either eat it or don't. World will not come crashing down if you have a piece of chocolate.

4) YES! Some birth control pills make you gain a little weight. Some don't though. Talk to your Doctor - that's what she's for!

5) YES! You should work out just like you always do duing your period. You are not a fair maiden. This is the 21st century. If you have cramps/headaches/bloating, once again, talk to your Doctor. They makes drugs for this stuff. Why are you suffering?
    I do agree with all of this but more woman than you would think have Pcos and have never had regular periods so we ask questions about what might be normal and what might not be
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. This should be emailed to every female who signs up for this site :D

I hate when people blame their TOM for their bad eating habits... chew some gum, take a walk, do something with your hands and treat yourself to 1 sweet or salty thing.. not the whole friggen cupboard. Every woman is different and if you have THAT much of a problem during TOM.. see your doctor!!!!!
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    I do agree with all of this but more woman than you would think have Pcos and have never had regular periods so we ask questions about what might be normal and what might not be

In general, you all say, hey, I have PCOS, is this right? I'm talking about the more general questions we see on here. I can probably go look at the front page of each board, and find AT LEAST one thread about weight gain duing your period. I don't have PCOS, so I can't relate....
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I actually never read threads with TOM in the title....but I did read this one. I'm glad I did!

Did someone really ask #2? For real?

And #5 - I actually always feel better after exercising if I'm cramping. It helps to get up and do something!

But seriously...#2....smh
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol, sometimes I'm clueless about things because mines have always been beyond irregular, and I just learned that a tampon is your best friend. some people actually don't know. but I guess google can always help, lol . . .
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i found that by exercising regularly, it has reduced the pms symptoms and bloating leading up to TOM. how much of a plus can that be
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. This should be emailed to every female who signs up for this site :D

I hate when people blame their TOM for their bad eating habits... chew some gum, take a walk, do something with your hands and treat yourself to 1 sweet or salty thing.. not the whole friggen cupboard. Every woman is different and if you have THAT much of a problem during TOM.. see your doctor!!!!!

There's healthy ways to eat chocolate and peanut butter :) Just as long as we practice some restraint and dont' eat the entire jar!