Enough with the High School Drama people.

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    But if that were to happen I might actually get work done.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    so the topic about no more drama is creating some drama? go figure....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This post is slightly hypocritical, don't you think?

was my first thought
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If you like it, read it. If it offends you, forget about it and move on with your life. With the amount of people on here, we cannot all agree on everything. Hell, my wife and I don't agree on everything and it is just between the two of us. Sometimes we tend to take things a little too personal on public forums.

Another option is to delete that *kitten* from your friends list. Now that one I use a lot...lol.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    But if that were to happen I might actually get work done.

this!!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes, but like everything else if you do not like a post you do not need to add your opinions either way.
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    nobody on my friend list give negative remarks but not even positive just silence as if im not there. im thinking to change my friends but my results r not hunting for the compliments that just stagnant.
    and whenever i post a topic it is like closed after 2 or max 3 replies strange! i cant add dram to my post topics
    There's nothing wrong with cleaning your friends list...or asking for more supportive friends :)
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options

Please explain.....
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options

DEFINITELY!
    + people need somewhere to vent
    and drama causes binge eating
    and that links to weight gain

so it all relates

You raise an interesting perspective that I hadn't thought about.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    If you like it, read it. If it offends you, forget about it and move on with your life. With the amount of people on here, we cannot all agree on everything. Hell, my wife and I don't agree on everything and it is just between the two of us. Sometimes we tend to take things a little too personal on public forums.

Another option is to delete that *kitten* from your friends list. Now that one I use a lot...lol.

LOVE your response. HA! :laugh:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    What high school drama? Have I missed something? ;)
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Im with ya! Save the drama fo' yo Momma!!!! We're all big kids and there's really no need for ****e talkin :)
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay so I feel like I need to explain myself............I read a post earlier from someone who commented about 3 rather large females sporting bikinis in some FB photos and how inappropriate she thought it was and so on. I normally do not take offense to other people's posts but this particular post seemed deliberate an way over the top, why did she feel the need to comment about a FB topic on a completely seperate website? I understand if she was simply stating that these women should reconsider their attire but it was not a topic post that was well thought out or tactfully written and many of the responses she received were not all of the same mindset. I would be mortified if I found out that I had become the topic of conversation on a weightloss site; that I did not belong to. I also understand that eating disorders can be fueled by emotions and that venting can be therapeutic but we are here to support each other and that post was not supportive.

Kudos to these women for having the self confidence to wear what they wanted.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Okay so I feel like I need to explain myself............I read a post earlier from someone who commented about 3 rather large females sporting bikinis in some FB photos and how inappropriate she thought it was and so on. I normally do not take offense to other people's posts but this particular post seemed deliberate an way over the top, why did she feel the need to comment about a FB topic on a completely seperate website? I understand if she was simply stating that these women should reconsider their attire but it was not a topic post that was well thought out or tactfully written and many of the responses she received were not all of the same mindset. I would be mortified if I found out that I had become the topic of conversation on a weightloss site; that I did not belong to. I also understand that eating disorders can be fueled by emotions and that venting can be therapeutic but we are here to support each other and that post was not supportive.

Kudos to these women for having the self confidence to wear what they wanted.

Sounds like you viewed a troll post! The troll post is solely for the purpose of igniting controversy
    looks like they succeeded sadly!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Is no one going to stand up and say that the drama entertains them just a tiny bit? Having said that there is a line, as with everything, but the drama that's been going on here today has been good clean fun !!

This website is just like reality tv !!
    Don't take life too seriously....especially the forums of MFP
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Is no one going to stand up and say that the drama entertains them just a tiny bit? Having said that there is a line, as with everything, but the drama that's been going on here today has been good clean fun !!

Don't take life too seriously....especially the forums of MFP

Definitely got a laugh at life sometimes! Drama is definitely something that draws people in! Yes, I like drama, but I personally prefer the kind on the movie screen! Especially Action Drama flicks, like Mr. and Mrs. Smith or Salt!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Is no one going to stand up and say that the drama entertains them just a tiny bit?
    (raises hand) Guilty as charged.
    True -- and just like reality TV, you can always change the channel.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    funny thing about nonsense... no matter how many times you repeat it it's still nonsense

:laugh:
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Agree and that's why I'm not on the forums much, unfortunately.
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :blushing: