For the record on stretch marks.

Options
13»

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    One day when I was sharing the bathroom with my husband he asked me what where those marks on my stomach (mind you i've never been pregnant and he knows that). I replied they are stretch marks. He then says to me "Were you ever pregnant?". My jaw dropped to the floor. It made me feel awful. They had never really bothered me until that moment. I told him that it was because I got fat since i've been with him and stormed out. Thank you for posting this it made me feel better. Your wife is lucky you think that way

Excuse me, but what an a**hole!!!:angry:

ugh, no kidding...and btw, men get em too. I had a friend who took off his shirt and his belly was covered with them.

Ya, but my belly is furry enough to cover them up. Not a good look on a girl!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I accepted my stretch marks after my first was born, but after my second - I have a harder time accepting them now. I feel like they're never going to go away. I will never be able to wear a bikini if I wanted to without thinking someone will be looking at my stretch marks. Mine go all the way up and down my belly - from below my pants line all the way practically to where my heart is. They've faded to the white lines, but they're still SUPER wide and the skin is flabby. I'm scared no amount of exercise will get rid of it :(
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Even though, I don't have any children, I have stretch marks on my behind from a growth spurt in my early teens. I believe it is unfortunate that stretch marks are air-brushed out in magazines. As an adult, I've accepted them. But when I was younger, I had a negative body-image. Thanks everyone for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Excuse me sir, but if you have any desire to impress females whatsoever you might want to take a hint from the OP. That is all.
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Oops, double post.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options

Excuse me sir, but if you have any desire to impress females whatsoever you might want to take a hint from the OP. That is all.

lol that was the OP
  • HaleyAlli
    Options

lol that was the OP

Weird... Sounds like he's saying two different things.
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    OHHHHHH he was talking about the hair, not the stretch marks. LOL! My bad, I read it wrong :smile: It's so easy to mistake things on the darn internet...
  • keith0373
    Options
    OHHHHHH he was talking about the hair, not the stretch marks. LOL! My bad, I read it wrong :smile: It's so easy to mistake things on the darn internet...

I am not quite that bi polar. I did mean the fur!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options

I am not quite that bi polar. I did mean the fur!

lol sorry I didn't realize it was you posting! I am rather forgetful :laugh: It's all good!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    hahahaha all of this makes me smile :) Thanks for posting.... I might have been the one that started the post that created the nasty remarks about stretch marks! It really wasn't supposed to turn into that I swear lol
  • keith0373
    Options
    hahahaha all of this makes me smile :) Thanks for posting.... I might have been the one that started the post that created the nasty remarks about stretch marks! It really wasn't supposed to turn into that I swear lol

It wasn't you. It was some idiot 19 year old from Ohio.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    ooohh hahahaha I thought it was my post about extra skin! All of a sudden that post turned into a bunch of talk about stretch marks! Ha I feel better then!! lol