How did you find MFP?

Options
h3h8m3
h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
It was recommended to me by a friend who uses it for tracking food. She's totally healthy, at a great weight, and in great shape (runs marathons).

Curious how the rest of you found it.

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    from the android market app on my phone :)
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The Good Housekeeping website which is weird because I never normally look at it!

So glad I did :happy:
  • janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    Options
    I was looking up calories in different junk foods for a health class project on google and this popped up. I've used it ever since:smile:
  • 2f2bl
    2f2bl Posts: 12
    Options
    Research on the computer for me.
  • suzikay
    suzikay Posts: 50
    Options
    A friend is enthusiastically using the MFP site and recommended it to me via Facebook. I am so grateful she did :)
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    My friend got the Android app for her phone and I found the online version :happy:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    iPhone App store. Looking for a free calorie counter. MFP was at the top of the list.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    HA! I don't remember how I found it- surfing I guess for fitness/health sites. But I'm glad I did find it - it's no wonder I've been fighting this so long, I'VE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING WRONG! lol and also alone - I'm glad I found MFP & the support system (and the food/exercise journal is awesome!)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Found it on my blackberry:drinker:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My sister kept telling me about it and I finally went and checked it out. I'm glad I did.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    My mama! :D She was on MFP for months and when I saw all the success she had w/ it, I decided to join! Love MFP!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    A columnist for the New York Times wrote an article about how he lost weight (I think 60-80 lbs in a year or so) and started setting fitness goals and the community-based approach was the key....he actually recommended another site too....something more fitness (less nutrition, diet or none)....as the two sites he liked.. SO glad I read it when I did!!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Rollercoaster Discussion Boards - which is a Irish parenting website
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    from the android market app on my phone :)

This!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Found it on my blackberry:drinker:

This
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    looking for a calorie counter website i could access on my phone. i used to use an app called lose it on my ipod but the website wouldnt load on my phone, i googled calorie counters and been hooked ever since
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A lot of the folks on the C25K forum used MFP tickers, and I wanted a ticker too. Then I started actually using the site, and the rest is history!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I was pointed here by a friend (who has since stopped using MFP).... not sure she was that serious anyway.

I actually found the site before the app.
  • DyloniusFunk
    Options
    My dietacin recommended it as a way to track my food habits. I don't have the best handwriting and i allways thought a food jorunal would be way to much work. MFP makes it so easy and it's great to know that there are others whoa re going through the same issues i am.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Igot my first phone with apps and i found it on there :) Im addicted now