How did you find MFP?

Options

Replies

• taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    from the android market app on my phone :)

same here:)
  • cmarshel
    cmarshel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had used MyPlate off and on...tried getting their app for Android. Found it was no longer available...hadn't been for months. In the gripe thread about the lack of an Android app...someone mentioned MFP and how great it was...how great the app was. Here I am! Love it! :-)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was looking for an ipod app to count calories. I had lost 17 lbs on my own and hit a plateau. I needed to expand my resources. So I did!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    After having an angiogram I kept a record of all my meals simular to this program in my daytimer. I would use the database for calorie and nutrition facts at times. Then about thirty days ago I thought hmmm ok I'll join and see what it is. For awhile I still kept everything in my daytimer and here. But now I just use the program. This has made my life so much easier and I have met many good friends too!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer at the gym suggested it to my husband, although he hadn't tried it himself.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    looking for a calorie counter website i could access on my phone. i used to use an app called lose it on my ipod but the website wouldnt load on my phone, i googled calorie counters and been hooked ever since

I had an app that was called "lose it" too, but I suspect mine was different because it didn't count calories
  • trouserchili
    Options
    Belonged to Loseit.com and had their app but the food database is horrible and extremely limited. eg. Kraft wasn't even in there at all. So I came here on a recommendation from someone from there.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    iPhone App store. Looking for a free calorie counter. MFP was at the top of the list.
    I know. Same here. Sone random day, I just was looking at how to get healthy, lose weight - cuz I did notice I was more comfortable wearing sweats all day. I looked it up in the app store & MFP was the one that had better ratings, more success behind it, and now, I am super glad I downloaded it!!
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    iPhone app store... I swear that iPhone has been like a godsend!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Some people on another forum told me about it, I was using a different Kcal counter and have since swapped to this one :)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It was recommended to me through another forum. The lady who recommended it is long left here and even though I kinda flippantly started off here, it did turn out to be THE tool for me that actually worked.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Interesting to hear how you found it! After I had been on here for a couple of months, I went to my doctor for a checkup, and HE recommended it to me. He started writing it down on my lab work, and I laughed out loud.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    I used to look up my calories counts on calorie king but their site is a pay site so I looke d for free ones and this one looked the best, so I joined.
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Recommended by a friend - cheers pal :bigsmile:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I found it on the Weight Watchers message boards, as well as in some of the blogs that I follow. So many people that had to swtich from WW Online to something else (either because of costs issues, or because PointsPlus wasn't working) recommended MFP to me, that I eventually caved. :laugh:
  • bikerchick2
    bikerchick2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One of my doctors, an MD told me about it. She mentioned that she uses it, she just had a baby & is trying to lose the baby weight. I was using another on-line calorie counter (affiliatied with a popular womens magazine) & I mentioned it to her. I'm so glad she told me about MFP, it's so much better than the one I was using before.
  • kaitlynnm10
    kaitlynnm10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A few friends recommended it. I tried Sparkspeople but it was too time consuming. MFP is much more user friendly.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I decided I wanted to try counting calories, so I searched calorie tracker in the market place on my android...and here we are =)
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd joined Weight Watchers (before they had the site they have now) & decided it really wasn't worth my money to just go to the meetings & let them weigh me...so I googled to try & find a site that allowed me to track things & track my progress for free. I stumbled on MFP & have been a member for a couple of years now...I was on here before anyone knew what it was & my friends thought I was crazy! Now they see it differently since there's a lot less of me!
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One of my doctors, an MD told me about it. She mentioned that she uses it, she just had a baby & is trying to lose the baby weight. I was using another on-line calorie counter (affiliatied with a popular womens magazine) & I mentioned it to her. I'm so glad she told me about MFP, it's so much better than the one I was using before.
    That's pretty awesome that an MD told you about it!