Inspirational Quotes...Feel free to add on! :o)

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Express your gratitude to someone today who has made a difference in your world! :flowerforyou:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    " If you have a problem, and you can solve it/ change it/ than you no longer have a problem
    If you have a problem, and you can't do anything about it, than you no longer have a problem"
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    " If you have a problem, and you can solve it/ change it/ than you no longer have a problem
    If you have a problem, and you can't do anything about it, than you no longer have a problem"
    Very beautifully put!:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Life is filled with stressors, when we celebrate the love beauty and blessing that are surrounding us daily, we mover forward with a POSITIVE power surge to conquer anything."

Saw this just now on a Womens Meditation website...a very cool site of Women :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    a quote down below by someone on a meditation group I belong too...:flowerforyou: Beautifully written:heart: and oh so very true such a special group of folks we meet online that become sometimes as close as offline friends, some even closer!:flowerforyou: :smooched:

So thankful for each and everyone of you here on MFP and all my experiences whether they be good or some of learning experiences where I've learned to treat ppl with more kindness. So much in the world can be viewed as negative I am working on turning it around for myself and seeing the good in ppl (because there is SO much GOOD in each of us!!) as I know I myself am far from perfect!:tongue::flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: So striving to be a kinder person is my goal in life, to be encouraging, and a cheerleader to all:flowerforyou:

To all of us here on :heart: MFP:heart: ...here's to you my Friends, ones I know well, ones I'm getting to know, ones my heart has not been the kindest too:noway: (and for that I'm so very sorry you didn't get to see the better side of me!:flowerforyou: ) but I am learning that we are all here for a common purpose... to encourage and cheer one another on, to listen to heartache, tears of joy, laughter and so much more!:drinker: :bigsmile:

You all are simply the BEST!!
    FC:heart:

OK! NOW here's the quote I spoke of above:
    *****************************************************************************************************
    "There's a land where I go when I need to share, or chin-wag with someone who really understands and cares. There is no cyber map. Cyber friends exist everywhere around the world. Some have names without faces, others we’ve had the privilege to meet in person.

Cyber space, A modern technical world filled with worm’s holes viruses spam and sadly cyber bullies. There are all kinds of people with cute little names, like Snoopy, Goofy, Fruitloop and Wing-nut - some cyber friends are so funny, some are mellow but throughout the good and bad days, cyber friends all play a powerful emotional role. each friend is unique; We talk, laugh, cry and wonder why we live so far apart? Wishing we could have coffee everyday!

Cyber world for the most part a safe place, we’re not judged and can't be seen, yet, there it is, right on our Instant messenger screen; we’re chin-waging but the most curious part is the power cyber friends have to open our hearts to inspire and share with a stranger those things we've concealed, to our closest of friends we'd never reveal Our deepest regrets and most troubling fears, The scars in our life which bring us to tears, The joy of our children and grandkids; what gives cyber friends the power to reach out to us.

How do cyber friends, manage to open our hearts and eyes and make us confess the secrets of the past? We don't understand this magical cyber world spell, although sadly we know without it some of our amazing cyber friends some days would be pure hell without cyber chin-wags and hugs.

Cyber Friends, must have been planned by God from up above, Cause there's no place on earth where you'll find so much inspiration wisdom compassion understanding and love for just being yourself. Beyond our heavenly prayers, when we need a cyber hug or instant advice, we know we can find our amazing Cyber friends waiting online for chin-wags."
    ************************************************************************************************************
    Beautifully written by B from a group I'm on.:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Two of my faves:

"Although no one can go back and make a brand new start,
    anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    -Roberta Brenick

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Love em' both my Girl! Pretty powerful stuff LL:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    From my recently purchased motivational calendar, I present to you FEBRUARY 2009:

Fall in love or fall in hate.
    Get inspired or be depressed.
    Ace a test or flunk a class.
    Make babies or make art.
    Speak the truth or lie and cheat.
    Dance on tables or sit in the corner.
    Life is divine chaos. Embrace it.
    Forgive yourself. Breathe.
    And enjoy the ride...
    (Solbeam)

www.solbeam.com <---- her blog about her travels and ponderings? I haven't checked it out yet.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Forgiveness quotes..........:flowerforyou: :heart:

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.—Unknown

He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.--George Herbert

Resentment is like a glass of poison that a man drinks; then he sits down and waits for his enemy to die.—Unknown

Many people are afraid to forgive because they feel they must remember the wrong or they will not learn from it. The opposite is true. Through forgiveness, the wrong is released from its emotional stranglehold on us so that we can learn from it. Through the power and intelligence of the heart, the release of forgiveness brings expanded intelligence to work with the situation more effectively. -- David McArthur & Bruce McArthur

Forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, and the waste of spirit. --Hannah More

You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well. --Lewis B. Smedes

Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it foregoes revenge, and dares forgive an injury. --E. H. Chapin

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.-- Josh Billings OH!! Nice one!

Forgiveness is choosing to love. It is the first skill of self-giving love. --Mahatma Gandhi
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    From my recently purchased motivational calendar, I present to you FEBRUARY 2009:

Fall in love or fall in hate.
    Get inspired or be depressed.
    Ace a test or flunk a class.
    Make babies or make art.
    Speak the truth or lie and cheat.
    Dance on tables or sit in the corner.
    Life is divine chaos. Embrace it.
    Forgive yourself. Breathe.
    And enjoy the ride...
    (Solbeam)

www.solbeam.com <---- her blog about her travels and ponderings? I haven't checked it out yet.

I like it Sweetie:flowerforyou: Gonna check out her link a bit later...thank YOU:smooched: :wink:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    It's not who or what you were, nor who or what you are that matters-- it's who or what you are becoming.

The ultimate joy of living is sacrifice--

Both by Marla's hubby--

Always be sure to entertain strangers, for by so doing men have entertained angels without knowing-- I think somewhere in Hebrews-- a favorite verse of mine.

Hugs, friends!!
    :heart:
    I like em' all my Friend BUT love the one from Hebrews best...to bad I Freecycled my Concordance:sad: I figured I'd never need it again.....oh well, times like this it would have been nice to have:noway:

Silly me!:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Here you go my friend--

Hebrews 13:2 (New International Version)
    2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Edit-- also biblegateway.com is a great online concordance. I found this in a snap.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Here you go my friend--

Hebrews 13:2 (New International Version)
    2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Edit-- also biblegateway.com is a great online concordance. I found this in a snap.

Thank YOU Marla:flowerforyou: :smooched: Oh good, glad you gave me the Concordance link as well, I'll put it in my favs!:wink:

Marla, I really think we should consider being neighbors and bringing Lauryn along as well:flowerforyou: :cry: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thkindnesscosrnothingib3-1.png
    love this one:love:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Be Yourself

Often we want to be somewhere other than where we are, or even to be someone other than who we are. We tend to compare ourselves constantly with others and wonder why we are not as rich, as intelligent, as simple, as generous, or as saintly as they are. Such comparisons make us feel guilty, ashamed, or jealous. It is very important to realize that our vocation is hidden in where we are and who we are. We are unique human beings, each with a call to realize in life what nobody else can, and to realize it in the concrete context of the here and now.

We will never find our vocations by trying to figure out whether we are better or worse than others. We are good enough to do what we are called to do. Be yourself!

Henri Nouwen
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Stepping over Our Wounds

Sometimes we have to "step over" our anger, our jealousy, or our feelings of rejection and move on. The temptation is to get stuck in our negative emotions, poking around in them as if we belong there. Then we become the "offended one," "the forgotten one," or the "discarded one." Yes, we can get attached to these negative identities and even take morbid pleasure in them. It might be good to have a look at these dark feelings and explore where they come from, but there comes a moment to step over them, leave them behind and travel on.

Henri Nouwen
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Stepping over Our Wounds

Sometimes we have to "step over" our anger, our jealousy, or our feelings of rejection and move on. The temptation is to get stuck in our negative emotions, poking around in them as if we belong there. Then we become the "offended one," "the forgotten one," or the "discarded one." Yes, we can get attached to these negative identities and even take morbid pleasure in them. It might be good to have a look at these dark feelings and explore where they come from, but there comes a moment to step over them, leave them behind and travel on.

Henri Nouwen
    wow, that's a thinker Ivy:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone."
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :heart: Life without friendship is like the sky without sun...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it."
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    My current body is the most precious gift I have been given. :heart:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

That's beautiful Amy:heart: