Inspirational Quotes...Feel free to add on! :o)

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    thought this one needed to be brought up again.

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    ah yes, exactly the one I was going to dig up but went to workout instead.

Thanks Sam:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    love'm .. thx fitness chick for sharing.. :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My current body is the most precious gift I have been given. :heart:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Eleanor Roosevelt
    ah yes, exactly the one I was going to dig up but went to workout instead.

Thanks Sam:flowerforyou: :heart:

Yay for the workout!!! I too did that today!!! 660 calories!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WOW..this one is powerful!!:heart:

:heart: As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down
    probably will.

:heart: You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.

:heart: You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.

:heart: You'll fight with your best friend.

:heart: You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.

:heart: You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.

:heart: So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt
    because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Wow that one's great saving it to my doc's! Thanks FC.
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    "I just don't understand how someone can completely abandon hope. I woke up everyday for 40 years with hope that something good would happen to me that day. For 40 years, nothing good happened to me. And then one day, something did happen and it made every second of those 40 years worth it."

- With tears in her eyes after I told her one of my friends (whom she'd never met) committed suicide. My dear sweet Grandma .(R.I.P.)

She changed my life. I wish she could see me now.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    "I just don't understand how someone can completely abandon hope. I woke up everyday for 40 years with hope that something good would happen to me that day. For 40 years, nothing good happened to me. And then one day, something did happen and it made every second of those 40 years worth it."

- With tears in her eyes after I told her one of my friends (whom she'd never met) committed suicide. My dear sweet Grandma .(R.I.P.)

She can!! I believe that people we lost close to our hearts are watching over us making sure we do the right thing.
  • Vanessa414
    Options

She can!! I believe that people we lost close to our hearts are watching over us making sure we do the right thing.
    You know what, you're right. I believe she can too. Thanks Sam! :heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Answer a fool in his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes-- Proverbs 26:5

Do not answer a fool in his folly, or you will be like him yourself-- Proverbs 26:4

Do not give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and turn around and tear you to pieces. Matthew 7:6

Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

Friends-- these are the verses that most guide me on this board.

Know when to answer the fool, and when not to-- don't bother trying wisdom with the unwise, they'll trample it and try and tear you down-- and most importantly, bad company corrupts (oops edit) good character-- I pick and choose carefully where I go, with whom I interact, what drivel I choose to avoid reading-- recipe for sanity, and I don't get dragged down into the mud with them.

Love to all you wonderful people--
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Answer a fool in his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes-- Proverbs 26:5

Do not answer a fool in his folly, or you will be like him yourself-- Proverbs 26:4

Do not give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and turn around and tear you to pieces. Matthew 7:6

Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

Friends-- these are the verses that most guide me on this board.

Know when to answer the fool, and when not to-- don't bother trying wisdom with the unwise, they'll trample it and try and tear you down-- and most importantly, bad company corrupts could character-- I pick and choose carefully where I go, with whom I interact, what drivel I choose to avoid reading-- recipe for sanity, and I don't get dragged down into the mud with them.

Love to all you wonderful people--
    :wink: something about the above sounds ever so familiar!:wink::flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

:cry: :brokenheart: and this is why :heart: we love ya so much Marla:heart: ....the wisdom you bestow upon us all!!

I learn, and learn and again still I I do the same thing poke my head into a nasty hornets nest:angry::noway: :cry: (angry face at myself there) ...when oh when will I truly learn to be much more cautious with my time, but most of all MY HEART:heart::cry: :brokenheart:

Time is irreplaceable, but my heart also can also only take on so much sadness/hurt/dismay.

I simply can't keep subjecting myself to what I have in the past here.....I shall place what you shared near my computer so when I am MFP I will think more clearly each time I pick and chose where I go.:cry::noway: :ohwell:

Thank you for the very wise words indeed My Dearest Marla:flowerforyou: ...you have saved my sanity many a time on this board as have many other dear friends (real friends the type I would actually be friends with OFF the boards as well..kind true friends that don't have a mean spirit in them)...you are a rock and I cherish meeting you on here... :smooched:

FC:heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    And I, you, dear friend-- :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

How very beautiful and heartwarming this post was. :heart: It sounds like you had a very very wise and loving Grandma:heart: I agree with Samantha.... our loved ones live in hearts forever and I do believe they watch over us:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Vision is the art of seeing things invisible."

Jonathan Swift
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And, the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility."

Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "To guarantee success, act as if it were impossible to fail."

Dorothea Brande
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business."

Michael J. Fox
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain."

Dolly Parton, singer
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price."

Vince Lombardi
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :heart: "We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives.not looking for flaws, but for potential." :heart:

Ellen Goodman