SAHMU Team BLACK (closed group)

Options

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge week 2:

How do i handle the struggle of being the weight I am..

Previously, i think I handled it by ignoring it most days or would get emotionally anchored eat my emotions- counter productive, I know! It's just one of those things where I stopped going on a scale, stopped looking in the mirror, and certainly avoided all cameras and video recorders!

Now, I'm handling it by not ignoring it. I take it one day at a time and I try to be more conscious of the triggers that caused me to get to t he weight that I am. And while I work on these triggers, I'm changing my lifestyle so that I don't eat every emotion .. but I workout every emotion, LITERALLY!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    * I thought this posted earlier, but it isn't there!*

Team Black,

We have some changes happening with our team this week. Sara, unfortunately will no longer be participating with us; she has a pretty busy schedule and couldn't commit to coming on here daily. We will certainly miss having Sara on our team and I hope that she continues to rock her weight loss goal even without being in our challenge!

To take our fifth spot on the team, we have a new gal, Emma, who is going to starting with us today! She has been eager to get in on a team and start losing weight with our challenge! So everyone give a warm welcome to our new teammate Emma!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Oooppps!

I'm so sorry .. my brain skipped a few beats ... our new teammate is Kristy not Emma! You can still send out a warm shout out to Emma .. and Bella who are her daughters! But please welcome their mommy too!

Welcome Kristy!

And Karie!

P.S.
    I apologize in advance Kristy, i may call you Karie .. and Emma.. and back to Kristy! LOL
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Black Team,
    We maxed out the main thread (Yay!) so here is the part 2 thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303584-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge
  • DivineSensation
    DivineSensation Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good evening TEAM BLACK.......How is everyone feeling tonight? All is well on this end. I havent been logging in all week like usual.....this week has just ben so hectic for me. I just hope and pray that it only get for me. I have been exercising....but not like I know that I can and should be.
    I see that we have new people here on the team, I would like to say welcome and that I wish you the best of luck on your journey. You all have a good night.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Thyme, Pork Chop & Pineapple Skillet Supper

Makes: 4 Servings
    Time: 30 Minutes

Thyme adds a bright, woodsy flavor to pork and pineapple in this simple dish. Serve with whole-grain rice pilaf and a baby spinach salad.

3 tablespoons pineapple or apricot preserves or jam or orange marmalade
    2 tablespoons orange juice, plus more if needed
    2 teaspoons stone-ground or Dijon mustard
    ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    ½ teaspoon curry powder
    4 fresh or canned pineapple rings ( 1/2 inch thick), cut in half, save any juice reserved
    2 teaspoons butter
    4 4-to 5 ounce boneless pork loin chops ( ½ inch thick), trimmed
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided (See tip below)
    ½ teaspoon salt, divided
    ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided

1. If the preserves are chunky, chop any large pieces. Combine preserves (or jam or marmalade), 2 tablespoons orange juice, mustard, ginger, and curry powder in a small bowl; set aside. Pour pineapple juice into a measuring cup; if necessary, add enough orange juice to equal 1/3 cup total. Set aside.

2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops, sprinkle with ½ tablespoon thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook the chops, turning occasionally and adjusting te heat as necessary, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.

3. Add the reserved juice to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until the chops are cooked through, 2 to
    3 minutes more. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.

4. Add pineapple, to the reserved sauce ad the remaining 1 tablespoon thyme to the pan. Cook, stirring, until hot and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. To serve, spoon the sauce onto the chops and pineapple.

Per serving: 257 calories; 8 g fat ( 3g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 8 g added sugars; 22 g protein ; 2 g fiber ; 388 mg sodium; 434 mg potassium; Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (79% daily value).

Tip: To remove thyme leaves from the spring, hold each spring at the top with one hand, then run the thumb and finger of the other hand down the stem to strip all the leaves.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Welcome EMMA!!! Were here for ya :)

I didint log yesterday but its because we dug out the mountain bikes from the basement/garage.... i ended up going for a 4.5 mile ride, which was good since it was my first... i loved it, i think imight have a new found love :)
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Im back!!! Had a nice little getaway! I havent worked out today, because Sunday is usually the day when I rest and relax. I did however power walk through the grocery store along with 50 other moms with screaming children right there with me for about 30 minutes. So I guess I kinda did work out! Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Hello everybody!

I'm glad to see you all have been enjoying your weekends with getaway's and bike rides!

I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid, but it seems like everyone around me is getting with the cycling thing..I might have to join in!

I'm about to go get started on my workouts and I must admit I have been dragging the past few days. I think it's the heat, it makes me want to do nothing but sleep! Thankfully it cools off in the evenings!

Alrighty ladies, lets get some good workouts in the next couple of days before weigh-in Wednesday! We were in first place last week, so lets see if we can hold our place at the top! Also, make sure you post a recipe if you haven't already so we can take a vote by Tuesday evening. Other than that I hope everyone has a great week!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Did my 80 minutes of cardio today as well as 100 jumping jacks and 25 pushups!! Feeling the burn after a lazy weekend! Happy Monday everyone!
  • katelyn002
    Options
    Hey Black team!!! How are you guys doing!? So i did my Insanity workout today and it was my fit test, which the last time i did was on the first day i started... i did soooooo much better today :) Did more reps of each!

Im also going for a bike ride tonight, well soon.... when my hubs gets home :)

I wonder how many miles, i know at least 4!! :)
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Katelyn, glad you found something that you like so much like bike riding. It sure does help when you are enjoying yourself and working out at the same time!!!

I am feeling SO great today. Back to my new life and eating habits. Worked my butt of today and stayed way under my calorie count! Going to relax for the rest of the night but just wanted to post on here that I have also been getting about 8 hours of sleep everynight. I keep forgetting that that is part of the challenge!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Thyme, Pork Chop & Pineapple Skillet Supper

Makes: 4 Servings
    Time: 30 Minutes

Thyme adds a bright, woodsy flavor to pork and pineapple in this simple dish. Serve with whole-grain rice pilaf and a baby spinach salad.

3 tablespoons pineapple or apricot preserves or jam or orange marmalade
    2 tablespoons orange juice, plus more if needed
    2 teaspoons stone-ground or Dijon mustard
    ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    ½ teaspoon curry powder
    4 fresh or canned pineapple rings ( 1/2 inch thick), cut in half, save any juice reserved
    2 teaspoons butter
    4 4-to 5 ounce boneless pork loin chops ( ½ inch thick), trimmed
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided (See tip below)
    ½ teaspoon salt, divided
    ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided

1. If the preserves are chunky, chop any large pieces. Combine preserves (or jam or marmalade), 2 tablespoons orange juice, mustard, ginger, and curry powder in a small bowl; set aside. Pour pineapple juice into a measuring cup; if necessary, add enough orange juice to equal 1/3 cup total. Set aside.

2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops, sprinkle with ½ tablespoon thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook the chops, turning occasionally and adjusting te heat as necessary, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.

3. Add the reserved juice to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until the chops are cooked through, 2 to
    3 minutes more. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.

4. Add pineapple, to the reserved sauce ad the remaining 1 tablespoon thyme to the pan. Cook, stirring, until hot and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. To serve, spoon the sauce onto the chops and pineapple.

Per serving: 257 calories; 8 g fat ( 3g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 8 g added sugars; 22 g protein ; 2 g fiber ; 388 mg sodium; 434 mg potassium; Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (79% daily value).

Tip: To remove thyme leaves from the spring, hold each spring at the top with one hand, then run the thumb and finger of the other hand down the stem to strip all the leaves.

This sounds so yummy! I love pineapples with pork! Cant wait to try it!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Katelyn,

That is awesome! I guess it goes to show consistency and perseverance does pay off! Did you take before pics and measurements? I'm so excited to see your final results!

I hope you have a lovely bike ride this evening!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Bella,

I'm glad you had such a great day! That is great dedication to come back after a lazy weekend and get back to business so fiercely! Did you get to spend some time swimming and relaxing in the hot tub like you wanted?
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I love seeing everyone really staying committed to the challenge but more importantly their own personal weight loss goals!

I am really excited about August and seeing what kind of results we will be having. I am starting the 30DS this evening! I'm a little nervous about it because a lot of people on MFP says it kicks their butts an they end up being like jelly after the workout. I'm not too fond of the feeling of being jelly-like ... but I am even less fond of being jiggly so I guess i'll take the jelly or jiggly. :P

Alright ladies, I hope you have a great rest of the evening and day tomorrow. Please don't forget to post a recipe .. those are some easy points for our team to make. By tomorrow evening we all have to pick which recipe to submit to to the main group.
  • katelyn002
    Options
    Thanks guys... it was a nice bike ride, i only did 8 miles but hey thts 8 more then if i sat home! :)

Sarah, i did 30 day shred and i liked it... its tough but its good and its managable.... youll do great :)
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Bella,

I'm glad you had such a great day! That is great dedication to come back after a lazy weekend and get back to business so fiercely! Did you get to spend some time swimming and relaxing in the hot tub like you wanted?

Thanks! It felt really good to get back to it, Im really starting to love working out! I did get to play in the water with my little boy, I cant swim though lol but my husband is trying to teach me. Thats part of my new me journey not just to be healthy and lose weight but to overcome some of my biggest fears. Swimming is on the top of that list!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    So I did another 80 minute workout. And jumping jacks, and pushups. So im done for this week of challenges. With the cardio, strength, and sleep challenges that should be 5 points. I guess we need to go ahead and start voting for recipes, but theres only 2. Sarah I really like your porkchop recipe im going to try it this weekend SO I guess you get my vote!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Hi everyone,

First of all, Im so sorry that I havent post anything much here lately. My sister text me today was asking me alots of questions..I was LOST. Now Im learning about this message boards I was soo confused. I actually thought my comment wall is for all balck team to see. I will go see my sister tomorrow and she will help me with it and explain to me clearly. So SORRY. Ill make up to you all. Anyway, I dont know if you guys see my comments of what I been doing. If not. again Im sorry. . Tomorrow, Ill go over to my sister house and she will help me with it.