Before and Current 181lbs in 20 months only 56 to go!

Options
Gary6030
Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
I hope this works. So 20 months ago I had bypass surgery. It has changed my life. It was the tool that I needed to get this weight off. I've currently lost 181 lbs my starting weight which is seen in the first pic was 447. I ran my first 5k in 38:24 This journey has been amazing and I feel like the Lord has given me a second lease on life. I'm currently finishing up week 3 of my P90 journey and training for the hell run (warrior dash knockoff) MFP has helped me so much and I'm so thankful for all your support. For those of you who might thing bypass surgery is easy it has been the hardest thing I've ever done. BUT>>>>>>it is only a tool. Its not the answer. I have used the tool and followed my exercise plan. I'm not only 56lbs away from my 210 Goal. I hope you are encouraged and know matter where you are in your journey you are now one step closer to your goal. I love you guys! YOU ROCK MFP'ers!!!!!

heaviestdaybeforesurgery-1.jpg
comparison-1.jpg
2weekspreop-1.jpg
july5k.jpg
october2010-1.jpg
2ndweekofP90.jpg

Replies

• katie7127511
    Options
    That s amazing! Congrats!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wow, Gary, that is pretty amazing!! Thanks for sharing, and I hope your story helps those considering surgery to recognize that it won't "fix" the problem. There is still hard work involved. I'm impressed and inspired.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats to you! Keep up the good job :flowerforyou:
  • aldiaz381
    aldiaz381 Posts: 21
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! You look amazing!
  • aldiaz381
    aldiaz381 Posts: 21
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! You look amazing!
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your hard work has definitely paid off.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thats is totally awesome!!! Good job!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I've seen many people does not keep up with their health after surgery and simply go back to where they were. You are a good example showing the world how it should work. Great job!!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! What a transformation and how rewarding to be able to look back on your journey! Good luck with your continued success and God bless! Sooo inspiring!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thank you. The surgery for me because of health issues, that are now all gone, was the only option for me. If you can do it without the surgery you are better off. However for those that can't serious thought has to be put into this operation. My big goal to do a zipline course is coming true this October. What a great year. A 5k, A 5K with a 14 course obstacle and a zip line! NEXT Year is white water rafting and horseback riding. I've finally gotten my life back!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    WOW that is seriously cool... where did you find the skinny guy that looks like you!?

Well done!! Keep up the GREAT work.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! You look amazing! Way to go!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Congratulations and thanks for posting motivation and encouragement for me to keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • bullsands
    bullsands Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW. What better motivation i would want than to see your photographs with the knocked KILO'S. You have done a swell job. CONGRATs
  • Tammyalphabet
    Options
    You are amazing!! And very handsome young man. I had gastric bypass 7 months ago and have lost around 70 since surgery. I am glad to see another person here with GB. I too watch my calories and exercise often. Best of luck and keep on rocking.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Wow. You're amazing!! And thanks for letting us know that it wasn't the surgery, but the dedication and hard work that got you to where you are, and will get you to where you want to be. Obviously, it made it easier to start, but it wasn't the only reason.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Your killing me with the corn dog picture, they are my weakness. Great job by the way.
  • dizins
    dizins Posts: 21
    Options
    amazing congrats !!! ... keep it up!!!!
  • LovetheNewMe
    LovetheNewMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Gary, you have done an amazing job. I also am a weight loss surgery patient and have lost 70 lbs. I love your comment that the surgery gave you the tool you needed to succeed. Because it really is only a tool, it is harder than dieting ever was and forces you to get your head on straight if you really want to succeed. You look amazing and should be very proud of your accomplishment, Good luck on hitting your final goal.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. Awesome job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!