the "crap, im fat" moment...

Options
When did u guys have that moment? the moment u realize that ur fat and u should lose weight. i had mines today when i realized my bmi was 25.4 x_X.. arghh

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    When I got worn out hiking about 2 miles in the Swiss Alps. I was about 215 lbs then, maybe a little more, and I realized I needed to change.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I was responding to one of my YouTube guitar videos back in May....was like....I don't have a wrist anymore!! WTF!!!

And decided to change that.

That was 220lbs, now at 193lbs in 8 weeks.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    When did u guys have that moment? the moment u realize that ur fat and u should lose weight. i had mines today when i realized my bmi was 25.4 x_X.. arghh

Look at the link under my ticker for my Before/After pics. The photo dated December 2009 was that moment for me! :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Woah, first of all, you're not fat because of a BMI reading. And even if you did want to use that as a measurement of you "fatness," you're only .4 BMI points overweight -- just a pound or two.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I moved and my new room has a wall that is entirely mirrors. Do you know how hard it is to eat an entire bag of chips in your bed while mainlining Firefly and catching yourself sitting there, eating an entire bag of chips and being all fat? It's really hard, so I finished the bag of chips and complained. Then about 3 days later I was running. Darn mirrors.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I woke up one day and my knee hurt for no apparent reason and I went to the doctor about it and saw that I was 202 pounds. The doctor didn't say it but I knew my knee was hurting because it was carrying too much weight around...
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I was responding to one of my YouTube guitar videos back in May....was like....I don't have a wrist anymore!! WTF!!!

And decided to change that.

That was 220lbs, now at 193lbs in 8 weeks.

Thats a good one!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Seeing that I was getting a double chin and was busting out of 34DD bras.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I never had a moment, I been fat for a long time. For me it was a colloction of moments. Then one night I just snapped and decied I wanna be skinny and healthy for once.
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    Woah, first of all, you're not fat because of a BMI reading. And even if you did want to use that as a measurement of you "fatness," you're only .4 BMI points overweight -- just a pound or two.

eh i just feel fat .. even when i was 20 lbs lighter and bmi was "normal" i was fat. It just was like a aha moment bc of the bmi.. I just never thought i would ever actually be officially overweight >>
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

OKAY first thing: Screw the scale and screw BMI. BMI is the most inaccurate POS unless you get the underwater breath test (that is the best way of measuring it, but even that sucks).

and my fat moment was definitely a picture. I was still managing to squeeze my butt into my size 8 (stretch) jeans and someone took a photo. I was disgusted! That was my fat moment, for sure =)
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When my doctor told me, "...when you become diabetic..." I was 293lbs. It took me a few months to process that information and understand that I could change it, but that was my jumping off point.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    At Easter time my cousin was asking if i was sure i wasnt pregnant. i think she was joking but i didnt find it too funny. I ws a the point wear my fat pants were too small and i refused to go shopping for a larger size.
  • skyisthelimit25
    Options
    back fat.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    the "crap, im fat", my BIG moment, was the day i signed up on here. which also happened to be the day we got a new scale cause the old one wouldn't weigh me cause i was past it's highest weight limit. and the new scale said i was roughly 30 pounds heavier then i thought it was. putting me to the have to lose 200 pounds to get me to a "healthy" bmi......don't even ask what my highest bmi was......your face wont come off the floor!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I never had a moment, I been fat for a long time. For me it was a colloction of moments. Then one night I just snapped and decied I wanna be skinny and healthy for once.

^^^I'm with this guy^^^

It has been a long series of moments. Then one day I was thinking about how much my life sucked. I realized it only sucked because I let it. So, I decided to start losing weight, exercising and changing my life so it didn't suck so much.

It's working, too. I find that even though Jillian Michaels is kicking my *kitten* and I am pushing myself to walk and I am measuring every thing and counting my calories, feeling like kind of a freak for being so intense about it, I also feel the best I have felt in many years. thanks to everyone on MFP for showing me I an one of many instead of alone in this journey.

I actually feel alive when my muscles ache just a little. I love the little changes I have noticed. I even love it when I feel like I can do a fitness DVD that I never thought possible before. I crave yoga. I smile more everyday and stress less.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    we all ahve that moment, that is why we are all doing something about it! Good luck with everything! We are here for you
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    When I woke up one morning and none of my jeans fit. Not even the fat ones. I had to wear sweatpants (My Regina George moment from Mean Girls lol). This, among other things, sent me into a depression where I gained even more weight. But about a month ago when the scale tipped over at 210, I decided enough was enough.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the "collection of moments" camp. I've been overweight for the majority of my life. I was underweight until age 5, when I had a severe allergic reaction to two different medications, and then I was overweight by age 6. I knew, I just wasn't motivated to do anything to change that until recently when two of my coworkers, both my age, started to have medical problems, and one of them is what I'd consider to be of normal weight.