BUDDY Weight Loss Challenge for Women | Join the Diamonds!

Options
[Important note: There is a THREE step process to join. Please be sure to follow the THREE steps!]

fuchsia-i-love-diamonds-by-wam-tanks.png

Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking ladies interested in "buddying up" for a weight loss challenge. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner.

This round will have 90 ACTIVE Diamonds!

The Diamond Challenge: Round 4 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise, I will select your partner.

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Little Diamonds, Diamonds in the Rough or DiamondDolls. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most gets bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We also celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team.

See the organizational graph here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B0WT0OhoExacNTljODg0N2ItMTU0YS00Mjk3LThhMzEtODg0NmQ4NzVmOTMy&hl=en_US

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check the message board regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use the Diamonds logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

If you are unfamiliar with MFP or any of these terms, please read the rules and FAQ. Note that each team has it's own FAQ, but the rules are largely the same:

myfitnesspal.com/blog/littlediamonds

So, how do you sign up? There are three easy steps!

1. Reply to this thread with your first name (we use real names), height, AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge.

2. Follow this link and complete the registration form :

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CJyH9_8P&hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

3. Carefully read the The Diamond Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VrqVzDpGbH-xr4Q4i8GeuNd1zQdGJvJQaP_dntpp9k/edit?hl=en_US

Want to peek at a past Diamond Challenge? Check out an old forum here:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268436-the-diamond-challenge-round-3-wk-1-ditr?hl=the+diamond+challenge

My Response:

Name: Jamaica

Reason for joining the Diamond Challenge: I started the Diamond Challenge because I loved MFP, but felt I was still missing the one to one connection I was really seeking. I love being a part of the Diamonds and it has been my honor to watch so many ladies move toward realizing their goals. Thus far I have lost 20 pounds as head of the Diamonds and I know that I owe much of my success to my wonderful teammates and partners.

Replies

• AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Name: Sarah
    Height: 5'9

Reason: I'm at the beginning of my journey and really need as much support and motivation as possible! I have found that I get inspired and motivated when helping others and through motivating others. The Diamond challenge sounds like a great opportunity for not only one-on-one support but a community of support. I'm excited to join!
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Name: Brandie
    Height: 4'8"

Reason: The Diamond Challenge sounds like it's something for me. I need a lot of support and motivation to be able to stay on track to lose weight. I think it would be fun to be in a group to give and receive support and motivation.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandie and Sarah! You guys will love the Diamonds!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Height: 5'5"

Reason: I am looking for something fun and motivational to give me a good push on this leg of my weight loss journey and I think this sounds good fun. I am good at giving support and motivation and I need it too to stop me giving up and thinking "what's the point"!!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Name:Tricia
    Height: 5'8"

Reason: It would be great to have a buddy to keep me on track and I could help keep them on track. I need that motivation in my life right now. I am just now starting to learn about fitness and nutrition and I could always use help and more knowledge.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma and Tricia!
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My name is Misty, I am 5'2". I have been doing this by myself and decided that I needed to have someone really following what I am doing and hold me accountable for it. I would love to provide that same support for someone else as well.
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Amanda. I am 5'4". I want to join this group because I need to lose weight. I am tired of being embarassed of myself or avoiding my friends because I feel judged. On my own I do really well and then I start to lose motivation. I think having a budy to pick me up would help me tremendously. Plus, I love to help other people and I think that working together is a great way to improve success for everyone involved. Feeling responsible for someone else will keep me involved and being part of a system increased self value.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Name: Felicia
    Height: 5'4"

Reason: Being accountable is key to my success, and having a buddy would not only add to my success, but my partner's as well. Plain and simply, I want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without hyperventilating!!
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Name: Colleen
    Height: 5'0"

Reason: I love the support and feedback I receive from my friends on MFP. I think being paired with someone would add an additional level of motivation and encouragement. I like the idea of a challenge with a higher level of commitment, and would really enjoy being part of that!
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    i don't know if I'm late , wonder if i can join ???
    Name : Maram
    height : 5.2

Reason :
    i really want to go back to way my body used to be before , i want to control my love to junk food & sweets & i want to learn how to have a healthy life style i'm very supportive as i think with the good support group helping we can easily reach our goals.
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    Name: Lesly
    Height: 5'4'

Reason: I have been trying to lose weight since I was in high school. I am now 23, recently divorced and I feel like it's time to do something for myself. I have lost close to 20lbs but I'm still far from goal weight. I would definitely love a challenge like this and all the motivation I can get, because it's easy to slack off a little every once in a while.
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I know I read it, but I can't remember how we find out if we get in. Anyone know?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I know I read it, but I can't remember how we find out if we get in. Anyone know?

I was checking in to find that out myself.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Amy

i ma 5'2"

i would like to join this group for the purpose of having suppot in losing wieght. I do better with support. if i have to do it alone i will never get anywhere. So i am hoping that i will be a big help to someone else in my shoes and they will help me and we can accomplish our goals together
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Name Katy
    Height 5ft 5

Sounds perfect to me this group. I have 20lb to lose and need all the support I can get.
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    bump
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Name: Erin
    Height 5'5"

Reason: Hi, I am 34 with 2 girls, I have been on MFP for about 2 1/2 months and it has been working great for me but I would really like to have a buddy to help motivate me and so I can help motivate someone else. I want to set a really great example for both of my girls especially my oldest since she struggles with her weight as well. Looking forward to teaming up with someone :-)
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is too late to join??

Name: Kristi
    Height: 5'7

I would like to join in order to connect with someone else on a better level than just a "WTG" comment on their cardio activity for the day. I would like to be motivated and also motivate someone else. Sometimes it is easier to talk with someone who struggles with the same stuff everyday than trying to talk to your skinny best friend about losing weight!!