Just to clarify, old MFP vs. new MFP

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
I was reading the post from yesterday that got locked up... the one about Jo leaving the website. A lot of us mentioned that MyFitnessPal has really changed a lot lately. Some people had a lot of negative things to say about the fact that that was said and I just wanted to clarify. I DO miss some of the people that have left. It's hard because you make friends with some people and then they disappear. But I never meant that I'm not fond of the newbies on here, actually I love a lot of the newer people. I think that a lot of us that have been here long-term (many much much longer than myself) are finding the site a little less laid-back though. Obviously it will take a group effort to correct this issue. I think that a lot of people are intimidated when posting questions/comments because there is often a really negative reply. I think that is what we were trying to say yesterday, not that the new people here are no good. Like I said, I love love love tons of the newbies. In fact there is nobody that uses this website that I have a problem with!
Anyways I just wanted to clarify that for anybody that had hurt feelings yesterday, it was not the intent! :flowerforyou: Let's get MFP back to where it should be. We all have something in common, let's act like it! :drinker:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options
    I was reading the post from yesterday that got locked up... the one about Jo leaving the website. A lot of us mentioned that MyFitnessPal has really changed a lot lately. Some people had a lot of negative things to say about the fact that that was said and I just wanted to clarify. I DO miss some of the people that have left. It's hard because you make friends with some people and then they disappear. But I never meant that I'm not fond of the newbies on here, actually I love a lot of the newer people. I think that a lot of us that have been here long-term (many much much longer than myself) are finding the site a little less laid-back though. Obviously it will take a group effort to correct this issue. I think that a lot of people are intimidated when posting questions/comments because there is often a really negative reply. I think that is what we were trying to say yesterday, not that the new people here are no good. Like I said, I love love love tons of the newbies. In fact there is nobody that uses this website that I have a problem with!
    Anyways I just wanted to clarify that for anybody that had hurt feelings yesterday, it was not the intent! :flowerforyou: Let's get MFP back to where it should be. We all have something in common, let's act like it! :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, if it weren't for the support and motivation I get on here, I would still be battling with my 1st 10 pound goal, but, I'm now on my 3rd 10lb goal and LOVING MFP!!!
    Let's not waste time bickering, life's too short, some of us - me included, have a long way to go on this road, I'd hate to think that any one of us could get stuck in a ditch and not be able to climb back out - lets pull each other out, and keep walking !!!! :drinker::flowerforyou:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I must have missed something, i didnt know anybody left or that there was an OLD MFP and a new.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I must have missed something, i didnt know anybody left or that there was an OLD MFP and a new.

Old MFP as in... how the mfp atmosphere used to be as oppesed to how it is now. There was a discussion about it yesterday.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I still say we spray everyone down in hot fudge and lock us up til we get along....or eat each other. :laugh:

Everyone here is great.
    Don't be afraid to ask stuff...make sure to double check to see if it's been answered but don't let that stop you from asking. Some of the great people on this site found out all their amazing info because people had questions.

:heart: MFP
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think it was locked for a reason. If we continue to discuss this, there will continue to be unhappy people.

Please can we please please please let this die and move on.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    05-14-2006.NSL_14food.G8O1SOAGJ.1.jpg
  • kerrilucko
    Options

yum, lol MFP should put a lock on all tasty looking photos:laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Gotta catch me first! :devil:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Ok STOP THAT!! I had fasting labs this morning and couldnt eat until 11 am. I just ate some sushi....but you know how it is, get over hungry and ya want some HOT FUDGE SUNDAY!! oN mONdAY
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I think it was locked for a reason. If we continue to discuss this, there will continue to be unhappy people.

Please can we please please please let this die and move on.

Even if it's not discussed, there will continue to be unhappy people. :wink:

I say let people discuss what they want to. :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Hot fudge makes the world go round....and get round....
    You could use the sugar-free stuff. :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    rodney_king.jpg
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Ok STOP THAT!! I had fasting labs this morning and couldnt eat until 11 am. I just ate some sushi....but you know how it is, get over hungry and ya want some HOT FUDGE SUNDAY!! oN mONdAY

I'm fasting now for my cat scan...IM SO HUNGRY :sad:

I didn't know we weren't getting along either, and from what I remember, I was on MFP a little bit yesterday. :laugh:
  • titans6us
    Options
    I am a newbie and I really enjoy everyone here. I enjoy reading everyone's profile and seeing the success, I really enjoy the tips, ideas, and questions from everyone, but more importantly, the support we get from you veterans is second to none. I have gotten more out of this site than any coach or personal trainer I have ever worked with. I have only been here less than a week and I love this site. Keep up the good work, people!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I'm fasting now for my cat scan...IM SO HUNGRY :sad:

I didn't know we weren't getting along either, and from what I remember, I was on MFP a little bit yesterday. :laugh:

Hmmmm... well if it makes it feel better it was in reference to my "cannibalism" comment. :happy:
    Which could lead to a gross factor.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to ask stuff...make sure to double check to see if it's been answered

This I completely agree with. So times I don't even look at the Forums because it seems like nobody looks to see what has been asked. I've been on here for over a year and for a while I quit getting on because it seemed like everyday the exact same questions were being asked.

I really love this site and tell everybody I know about it. With out it I would have never lost.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie and I really enjoy everyone here. I enjoy reading everyone's profile and seeing the success, I really enjoy the tips, ideas, and questions from everyone, but more importantly, the support we get from you veterans is second to none. I have gotten more out of this site than any coach or personal trainer I have ever worked with. I have only been here less than a week and I love this site. Keep up the good work, people!!

I agree! I'm not a "newbie" as much any more, but I think y'all are great! Well, except that Marla chick. She seems like trouble. :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Not going to say much.........just wanted to say howdy!! Hope you're all having a great day!

I have my "I voted today" sticker. :wink:

:heart:
This discussion has been closed.