ramen noodles

Options
2»

Replies

• Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you are really hungry for Ramen noodles, try Orchids brand Chuka Soba Oriental Style Noodles. The key is they are NOT fried and then packaged like Ramen style noodles so that really changes the nutrition counts for these noodles drastically over the packaged Ramen noodles. Also, the soduim content is greatly reduced in this product. The product web site says there could be errors and I think there is a big error under the sugars. Every other soba noodle product I've found has no sugars. Here is the nutrition breakdown, not including the sugars because I think that count is completely wrong:

3 oz. noodles, dry measurement =
    227 calories, 1.2g fat, 0 trans fat, 0 chol., 47mg sodium, 47g carbs, 0.1g fiber, 7 g protein, 8% calcium, 2% iron.

Boil for noodles 3-5 min. in fat free reduced sodium broth of choice, adding desired veggies. Serve with chopped green onion. You can also add cooked shredded chicken breast, raw peeled and deveined shrimp, or very thin sliced raw lean beef to make the noodles heartier. You will need to add the nutrition counts according to what broth, veggies and/or seafood or meat you add.