Calories posted on menus, would it influence how you order?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My answer is not a simple, cut-and-dry yes or no. I am actually going to have to say yes AND no. Yes, it normally influences what I order, but a big, fat NO for those days I just want to pig out... (and yes, this happens occasionally) :flowerforyou:
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    It's the law here in California that that information has to be posted (at chain restaurants). It absolutely influences me in my choices.

Unfortunately in California, they have decided to not require it anymore and many of the chain restaurants and changing back their menu's to remove the calories. I loved it when they had them. It was a huge factor in whether I would even eat there or not.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    OH yeah BIG TIME it influences me......alot of California restaurants already do this......not the high end ones yet......but YEAH!We are not the average folk here at MFP for sure!

:bigsmile:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yes it definetly would. I already try to find a restaurants nutritional info online before i visit. Knowledge is power and leads to success!
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Nope.
    I look at the food quality.
    I am largely unable to 'eat out' because of the industrial oils, added sugars and enriched flour they oversell you.
    I'm a good calories kinda guy :)
    Interesting to note how many people would change their eating style. Perhaps this'll drive food scientist to engineer negative calorie consumption products?
    Eager to see that field tested on the masses :)
    ps One of my daughter's asked how many calories and fat are in breastmilk. I told her not to tell the clinician :)
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It would depend. If I was going out for a "treat" then probably not. If it wasn't or if I knew that I hadn't worked out that day, etc. then yes, it definitely would.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It most definately influences my food choices when out. I noticed our local Sainbury's cafe now does this. I think it's a great idea. Perhaps it should be forced throughout the food and fast food industry?