Fitness Training... a rant...

Options

Replies

• psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands are great for strength training... you still want to set your repetition and set goals with bands, but you can definitely get an effective burn and build strength using those puppies :)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands are great for strength training... you still want to set your repetition and set goals with bands, but you can definitely get an effective burn and build strength using those puppies :)

Thanks. I am one of the girls prone to have man arms and I definitely don't want man arms!
  • psyknife
    Options
    Why is it that you think you're prone to man arms? How do you normally lift?
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Why is it that you think you're prone to man arms? How do you normally lift?

The all the women in my family have huge arms. I use weights to the 3 times a week.
  • psyknife
    Options
    But do they have huge arms with hardly any body fat or do they hold body fat on their arms?
    There's a big difference when you lower your body fat... women are not designed to get huge muscles... we don't have enough natural testosterone to grow such huge muscles. So, if you train properly and lose body fat while gaining muscles, then your arms should actually get leaner :)
  • psyknife
    Options
    *bumping*
    Hoping ivykivy will see my questions :)
  • ivykivy
    Options
    *bumping*
    Hoping ivykivy will see my questions :)

Mostly the women in my family are flabby arms but then again they are older and do not lift weights. I have noticed my arms have not decreased in circumference a whole lot (18.5-16.5). Where I had 5 inches of fat I now have 2 the rest is muscle.
  • psyknife
    Options
    I'd have to see a picture ;)

Wanna trade? I want biceps, but instead my arms stay longer and leaner... no matter how heavy I lift! I'm hoping this new program I'm starting will actually make my biceps come out to play :D
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I'd have to see a picture ;)

Wanna trade? I want biceps, but instead my arms stay longer and leaner... no matter how heavy I lift! I'm hoping this new program I'm starting will actually make my biceps come out to play :D

Well, if all else fails we could check into an arm transplant. If they can do a face transplant surely an arm wouldn't be a problem! But then the face was from a cadaver so I would lose on the deal.:cry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    ...even for those of us who "know", it pays to be reminded.

Thanks! A lot of times I rant because I need to remind myself too :)
    :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the information! It's wonderful to get good, uselful information from those of you that have done so very well! So inspiring!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    aawwwwwwwwwwwwwww Da BUMP!!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the information! It's wonderful to get good, uselful information from those of you that have done so very well! So inspiring!
    very well put...indeed:drinker: :happy:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    But do they have huge arms with hardly any body fat or do they hold body fat on their arms?
    There's a big difference when you lower your body fat... women are not designed to get huge muscles... we don't have enough natural testosterone to grow such huge muscles. So, if you train properly and lose body fat while gaining muscles, then your arms should actually get leaner :)

Bumping.

And I failed to mention some of the women in my family have full beards and chest hair.:laugh: so.....
  • BodyByCrayton
    Options
    "Body By Crayton"
    For over 20 years, Andre Crayton, has been one of the leading authorities in human performance and nutritional weight-loss. Starring nationally on ESPN’s “American Muscle”, Fox59 Overtime, (Gary Mendelow), The Indianapolis Recorder on Air “Hosted by Carolene Mayes and Connie Gaines”, WAV53 Indianapolis, Channel 13 WTHR “Hosted by Dave Calabro, reporter Chris Stoute and the Dave’s Team Club Member, Real Women “Hosted by WTPI’s Kelly Vaughn”, Sports Corner WAV53 Indianapolis “Hosted by Jennifer Coffman”, Sports Extra WALB10 Albany,Ga., TBN’s Public Report Channel 42 Greenwood, Indiana “ Hosted by Kathy Nikou and Barbara Presutti”, WTLC Radio Indianapolis Breakfast Club “Hosted by Guy Black and Linda Clemons”, The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper (freelance writer), also featured in Muscle Magazine International, National Physique Committee Magazine, and Indianapolis Recorder Weekly.

Andre is a graduate of Albany State University with a BS in Kinesiology with distinction, major in Exercise Science, and minor in Psychology. Andre was awarded Indiana’s Personal Trainer of the Year 1993-1998. He is also a National Physique Bodybuilding and Fitness Judge.

As a former teacher of physical education, Andre taught at St.Francis DeSales catholic School in Cincinnati, Ohio and John Marshall High School in Indianapolis, Indiana where he was an Assistant Girl Track and Field Coach.
    Earlier in his career, Andre was Georgia Track and Field Champion, a Semi Professional Football Player, Academic All-American, and 1984 Olympic track and field Candidate 800m, 1 mile.

Andre became involved in bodybuilding in 1986 where he won many awards including: 1990 Musclemania, BW Division; 1990-1997 Mr. Indiana, BW & LW Division, Mr. Indianapolis BW & LW Division; Natural Indiana Champion; placed in top 10 at Nationals and Jr. and IFBB North America; Pro World Bodybuilding Championships and a host of numberous awards and titles.

Established in 1990, Body By Crayton Fitness has been providing one-on-one and group personalized weight-loss, general body toning, fitness training and nutritional requirements for both men and women, in addition to our young adult and senior community. Body By Crayton's Fitness personalized training, combined with our nutritional programs can make a difference in your weight-loss and basic fitness requirements.

Body By Crayton Fitness has built a solid reputation with our unparalleled client and support services. Our health and fitness assets are all the components needed to succeed in the fitness industry.

Body By Crayton Fitness has no magic potions, just great fitness, nutrition, and one-on-one personalized training, which will let us provide new and old clients with an enjoyable and effective one-on-one personalized training experience.

We appreciate the opportunity to show you how we can make a difference in your life by allowing us to guide you to a better body, one month at a time.
    andrecrayton@yahoo.com
  • psyknife
    Options
    Start a circus! ;)

Ok, that was a terrible joke, I'm sorry... but you joked first :)

I'm sooooooo looking forward to starting my heavy lifting again. I've been out of commission for a while due to injuries and illness. It stinks! Because of that my whole body shape has changed... I haven't really gained much weight, but my body looks totally different! Weight training and muscles are what's going to shape the body... I miss my body, it's just gotten a little too jiggly for my taste (and most of my friends will slap me for saying that, I'm sure, but I'm comparing myself only to myself here).

Heavy lifting, here I come!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ps...hope you were able to get back into the swing of things. I am kind of wondering if all the protein and weight lifting is shifting my weight, instead of getting rid of it.

I have a new weight bench...as EVERYONE knows by now!!! I am so looking forward to bldg lean muscles. I really have no fear of gaining fat, as I am eating 1200-1500 cals a day, getting cardio at least every other day, if not more...and now I will be working major muscle groups with weight training.

I have been measuring and the waist is down....but the arm and thigh hasnt changed. Then I made a muscle with my arm and saw my bulge....ooooooh baby....dont mess with ME!! So it is still 11.5 inches, just made up of different stuff!

Hopefully the thigh is working the same way!

Anyway, I only came in here to bump.....then stayed to chat awhile!!:laugh:
  • psyknife
    Options
    That can happen when building muscle and burning fat.
    I'm a prime example right now.

I started ChaLEAN today and it felt good to be lifting heavy again... granted, this program has me challenging myself to lift even heavier than I have before. It's tough. My body feels goooooood now, though! I know this is going to be do really good :) Pretty soon I'll have to send out invites to the gun show ;)

Glad to hear from you arewethereyet!!!! :) It sounds like you are doing fabulous!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Glad you're lifting heavy again and feeling good, and that you are liking your new work out program. Sounds like a tough one. :bigsmile:
    It's been a couple of weeks since I've lifted heavy, and can't wait to get back to it in the next week or so.
    :glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    da bump:flowerforyou: