Healthy foods you've grown to love :

Options
13»

Replies

• hottiemama1
    hottiemama1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Avocados!!! So good on everything! I love to saute red, yellow, and orange peppers, mushrooms, and onion and add it to my eggs in the morning. Its a good way to start the day.
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    KALE. Can't get enough. Also, I would never touch so many things that I now eat all the time -- mushrooms and almonds are two that come to mind.

Any favorite kale recipes?
  • jillwaller
    jillwaller Posts: 82
    Options
    raw broccoli :) i swear i could eat it all day long!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, "grown to love". I'm really not sure I've grown to love anything that I didn't already love, though there are tons of unhealhty foods I used to love that I just find disgusting now.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    definitely avocados, tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms. I used to hate all these things. Now? om nom nom!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Rocket! delicious.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats or oatmeal sweetened only with a banana. AMAZING.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    KALE. Can't get enough. Also, I would never touch so many things that I now eat all the time -- mushrooms and almonds are two that come to mind.

I would love to try some Kale but not sure how to prepare!!!! suggestions?

It's really good mixed with spicy beans and brown rice. Just cook the beans and rice and some no/low salt cajun or bayou seasoning. When it's done add chopped kale, stir and turn off the heat. In 5 -6 min the kale will wilt and turn very bright green. Then it's ready. This works will other greens too (turnip, collards, mustard).

To cook it plain I put olive oil and a splash of water or stock in the bottom of a deep pan over medium heat. Add the kale and some garlic and cook, stirring frequently so the kale cooks evenly. It's done in just a few minutes when it wilts and turns bright green. Don't let it go too far. If it turns to a dull green many of the nutrients will be destroyed. Serve with a little low sodium soy sauce and slivered almonds (if desired).
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i've always been a veggie lover!!

but what I have grown to love - (getting over the texture thing) - hummus & greek yogurt.
    ACTIVIA & Kashi GO Lean Crunch (heart that stuff) :)

avacados - putting that in my salad.. yum!
    asparagus - never really liked it before, but now I can actually eat it lol.
  • Sa2ah
    Sa2ah Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ive always loved veggies but never fruit....but now i eat red grapes like every day i LOVE them! Spaghetti Squash! im enjoying more fish too :)
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Edamane beans aka soy beans are amazing and such a good protein.
    Pure Protein shakes are amazing. Only protein shake i can actually drink and not gag. and only 110 calories!!
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    Hummus, Soymilk, Chicpeas, baby spinach, and broccoli!
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    peanut butter....mmmmmmmm
  • AbbieJay
    AbbieJay Posts: 5
    Options
    Soy milk! You just have to get use to the texture...
  • numbersguy404
    Options
    Baby carrots. They have just enough natural sugar to keep me happy.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Now it's asparagus and mushrooms. :P