20in6 DAILY CHAT! [closed] 7/21

Options
Hello all you LADIES on our VERY FIRST DAY! Is everyone excited?!

Today I have a TASK for you... see how I put my first name in my signature, above my tracker? DO IT!!! I want to learn everyone's names so I don't have to use usernames! Thank you!! (If you don't know how, look under the "Message Boards >> Motivation and Support" and there will be a link for "Signature")

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S FEEL GOOD FOR TODAY? (I'm going a VIP showing of the new Harry Potter!)
Chat it up, darlings!!!!!

Remember our exercise goal:
180 minutes of exercise/week!! Good luck!

Replies

• chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey there Katie!

I am super excited and motivated for our first day! My feel-good for today is meditation! I love doing Yoga, but I so rarely get to do it because I am so busy! One other goal for myself is to reduce my stress level! I am a full time student and a home health aid, and I usually work 48 hours per week! I want to learn how to balance myself, because if I dont do it now, it will only be harder later!

Anyone else have any other goals to meet? :smile:
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

My feel good for today was buying myself a nice bathroom scale. I've been dragging the same old one around for years and was really wanting a new one.
  • rex8loves11me
    Options
    Am I in this or not?? Haha sorry I just posted late, the 22nd person I think lol

Unfortunetly I had a crappy eating day--but tomorrow tomorrow!!

Joanna
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    Morning everyone

It's 7am here in Sydney & I'm just back from the gym where I ran for 20 min at 5k - first te woohoo thanks for the motivation.

Heading out with the girls tonight as my treat - hae a great Friday ladies

Aoife
  • chelbel89
    Options
    Oh, I love Australia! I live in the US but got to go there when I was 16, and it is my second favorite place on earth! I love that it is Friday there! It put a smile on my face lol! Good luck girl, you sound like you are right on track! :smile:
  • rex8loves11me
    Options
    Hi there again--

Sorry! ok now I realize I am in the chat, I'm new to this so I didn't get that at first, so disregard my previous post. My name is Joanna and I am a college student in Illinois. I have been on and off with weight loss and am looking to finally end my battle with weight loss and start a new lifestyle. In the past I have always "been good" for a few days and then loose it. Today would be one of those lost days :( But since I saw this challenge I am ready to conquer it!! I am training for a marathon, so there will be lots of cardio on my end, but I think thats key to loosing pounds. Sorry for the long paragraph, I just wanted to introduce myself becasue we'll be getting to know one another in the next 6 weeks!!! I know we can ALL do this :) And wow, Sydnee!! That is soooo cool, I have always dreamed of visiting Australia :)
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get like that too - I do good for a week, then give up for a month! But I've been good for weeks now, it's getting easier to stick to it! Make sure to set mini-goals. That's why we have WEEKLY check ins! Just do it for ONE week! :D

Thanks everyone for putting your names in your siggies! :)

My 6 week motivation is my hubby!!! He's in the Navy and will be back in September... If I'm down 25 lbs (I've already lost 5 since he left) his eyes are gonna be like O____O WOWZA!

Yay!!! Everyone keep up the chat, and the good work! Joanna, PROMISE ME you'll do great tomorrow! <3
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im so excited to be starting this with you all :) exercise is guna be my hardest challenge but I'll do my best, hope you all have a good day today, remember, you can do this! xxx
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am also super excited to be in this challenge!

My feel good for today is ... medication! I am usually pretty anti-medications but I've had this back injury for a few days now and it is making me super frustrated that I couldn't walk well or bend. SO, I finally broke down and went to the doctor and she gave me a muscle relaxer and I'm hoping it makes me feel super good so I can get a work out in this evening!
  • gooberkn
    gooberkn Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

i am excited about this group! My feel good challenge for today -- well it's been a day of relaxation for me. I had oral surgery this morning (two back molars removed) and am feeling comfortable right now on some painkillers. However, I did find a new love for JELLO -- who knew that sugar free jello tasted so good! I think I have a found a new dessert for the summer :)

I joined MFP back in April, logged in for two days and then completely forgot about it. I "rejoined" or shall I saw recommitted a week ago today and have posted every day. I am eating healthy, walking my sisters dog (my house guest for two weeks) about four or five times a day and doing a 5 minute ab challenge on the iphone app every night. I feel great and lost two pounds already!

I am a little nervous though because in two weeks I will be in Romania on a Habitat for Humanity build that I do every summer. Although I will be working hard all day hammering and doing all difficult tasks of building a house, I can't really control the food that we eat there. They have lots of cucumbers and tomatoes which are so fresh and I love them, but they also have a lot of goulash and other stuff. And I can't always get on the internet every day. I will keep my log by journal with the old fashion pen and pencil, but am nervous I will lose the momentum I am gaining now.

That's my story! Good luck everyone!!!
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My feel good for today was taking a nap. It was nice but not nearly long enough since I had to get up to go to work.
  • chelbel89
    Options
    Hi there again--

Sorry! ok now I realize I am in the chat, I'm new to this so I didn't get that at first, so disregard my previous post. My name is Joanna and I am a college student in Illinois. I have been on and off with weight loss and am looking to finally end my battle with weight loss and start a new lifestyle. In the past I have always "been good" for a few days and then loose it. Today would be one of those lost days :( But since I saw this challenge I am ready to conquer it!! I am training for a marathon, so there will be lots of cardio on my end, but I think thats key to loosing pounds. Sorry for the long paragraph, I just wanted to introduce myself becasue we'll be getting to know one another in the next 6 weeks!!! I know we can ALL do this :) And wow, Sydnee!! That is soooo cool, I have always dreamed of visiting Australia :)

That has always been one of my main issues too! I am always great...for a week. Then I reward myself with food. :frown: But now, there are no more excuses! I have every tool at my disposal. I want to get this done in 6 weeks because my birthday is in November. My goal weight is 125, and that's 52 pounds to lose. If i can finish the 20 in 6, then I can do 40 by November! I am too young to have the weight issues and health problems that I do. But I am tired of complaining, so now its time to do something about it! :bigsmile:
  • klinzer
    klinzer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did 30 minutes on the eliptical today and it felt great!!! I can't wait to see what my results will be in 6 weeks.
  • bubbyp
    bubbyp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well Good Morning Ladies!

My feel good thing today is doing my nails tonight (the varnish on them at the moment is all chipped and I am not impressed with it).
    Then I may treat myself to a glass of wine with a close friend!
    Have a lovely day!
    xx
  • katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!! It's officially DAY TWO!!!! Let's just keep on using this thread until it gets ridiculously long!

I'm so proud of everyone!! You guys have great feel good moments :):):)

Let's set exercise goals for today!!! It can even be something tiny, like a 5 minute walk!!!

TODAY I will do CARDIO for at least 40 MINUTES!!!!

Good luck ladies! Let's have a wonderful second day!
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi from the UK.

Yesterday (Thursday) I went to the gym did 30mins on treadmill on incline and then went crazy on the WII Zumba and Just Dance 2, gosh I was really working hard, actually harder than in the gym, sometimes I just get a bit bored and feel like a hamster, think I need to do something a bit different.

My feel something nice was going upstairs and had cuddle and tickle time with my son he's 5 and his laugh is so loud and funny.

Today, I will walk to town during lunch for exercise and feel good i'll buy something could be a new lipstick or nail polish, lets see what takes my fancy.

Have a great day everybody.
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm lyd, I'm 29 from the uk. I've lost 15lbs so far with my fitness pal and I have a wedding dress that is at least one size too small that must fit in 3 months. I actually found a size bigger for sale yesterday but they rang today and it has sold. Maybe its fate and the smaller one will end up fitting? Who knows but I hope so.
    E I'm on my phone right now so I can't update my signature but I promise I will do! Wow what amazing people you all are and so motivating! I'm trying to think of something positive but Im recovering from an awful nightshift and I have a stinking cold! And I'm getting on for 31 hours of no sleep! Ok moan over what is good is my lovely fiance offered to get an Indian takeaway to 'blast away my cold' I have politely declined and asked him to stock up on water fruit and Veg on his way home. I plan to treat myself to a lovely hot bath in a bit.
    Sorry for being miserable x
    Lyd
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    well today my goals are: to find my wii remote n do Zumba, and to treat myself by buying a magazine for myself, happy Friday everybody xxx
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I'm Ashley && I'm 23 (ALMOST 24!! - will have my birthday during the challenge!) && I've lost 17lbs so far - my starting weight was 195 && now I'm down to about 178 (177.6 to be exact - heh)... it's been a struggle && had taken me about 6 months to lose all of that - but I'm trying to do it the HEALTHY way so that I can KEEP it off!! :D I'm wanting to stay nice and motivated because I have less than a month to my birthday && REALLY want to fit into a dress that I bought a few YEARS ago that still has the tags on it!

I'm doing pretty good today! I was pretty proud of myself yesterday - I stayed under my calorie goal (although my sodium/fat content was in the red - WHOOPS!) - but I'm excited to start today off on a good note! For me I have an easier time stay OT during the week... but the weekends are KILLER, so here's to my goal of staying motivated over the weekend && making sure I work out a good amount on the plans that I know will have temptation!

I already got my work out in for the day - I had my 6AM bootcamp class this morning (about 35 minutes of exercise, class total is about 40 minutes), he had us out on the machines today - we did the stepper, elliptical, bike, step ups w/ medicine ball, russian twists, planks, resistance bands, etc.! It was a good work out this morning && it's always nice to get it over with BEFORE work :))
  • rex8loves11me
    Options
    Good morning!!

Today has been great so far, I ran 3 miles and I'm going to a Niyama Hot Yoga class! I.5 hours of sweating my mind out :) My something special for today will be reading a book I've been wanting to start! Be strong ladies this is day two!
    :)