Eat At Home Open Challenge - Starts Sun Jul 24!

Options
124»

Replies

• mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh!!! Totally forgot about the challenge last night when my husband twisted my arm to go out for ice cream!! Didn't remember till it was too late! But that ice cream was sooooo good! I'll do better today!
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    SO IM GOING TO BE EATING INDIAN FOOD TONIGHT...HOW IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO CALCULATE CALORIES FOR TAHT
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    SO IM GOING TO BE EATING INDIAN FOOD TONIGHT...HOW IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO CALCULATE CALORIES FOR TAHT

I have no idea, but I am SUPER jealous!! I love Indian food but can't get my husband to go.
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Had a successful day today. Nothing terribly special in the food dept, but it was all eaten at home!
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options

Me too. I love Indian food and of course Asian spicy food but gone are those days when even a pinch of pepper gives me heartburn.

On the other hand, 7/24 to date, no eating out for me and fam.
    Tonight, lunch was leftovers from yesterday. Dinner was very light cucumber with tomatoes sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese, salt and garlic and lots of dried basil leaves. Topped with baked turkey bacon.
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    so so today was good for me.

breakfast had a coffee and 2 fiber muffins
    lunch turkey sandwhich
    dinner home made indian food (thanks mom) haha
    snacks 2 kiwis
    a fiber bar

im jut going to guess and say like 750 calories for my indian food...what do you guys think?
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    thanks for this challenge. I have learned a lot this week and I have achieved a lot too specially with my kids' food intake. One of them likes sugar a lot and the other can eat grass off of the ground. And fruits is her main source of sugar. And they are twins. Go figure. But I have made my son eat more veggies this week than ever before.

Thanks. I am starting this challenge in my mom's group on FB land.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for participating!!! I have been absent from posting because today is my son's birthday and yesterday I was prepping for the party and today we hosted the party at our house... busy busy. :) I failed the challenge because I ate out a couple of times but I did manage to stay away from Starbucks which was my #1 goal for even beginning the challenge. I know I saved some money there. I found myself in some situations that I hadn't anticipated but at least those experiences will help me prep for the future and figure out some ways (or better choices) when I do eat out.

We ate at home 95% of the time this week which was a vast improvement. :)
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge!! I did mess up once by getting ice cream but there were SEVERAL times when we would have eaten out but we didn't because of this challenge! So I consider it a WIN!!! Great job everybody!!
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    THANKS FOR DOING THIS CHALLENGE...I DID MESS UP A FEW TIMES BUT I KNOW IVE DONE GOOD BECASUE I EAT OUT A LOT AND I SAVED A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY BUT I ATE MUCH MORE HEALTHER FOODS