• happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    me too...me too... Meso -Endo!!! hmmm... :ohwell:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    bump
    do ya think that everyone overweight is the same body type???????? now tell me are you going to go ahead and pay for the diet......great advertising.....I hate the fact that every where we go people are trying to get rich from our desire to lose weight...Like they give a crap....
    That is why this site is great...its free and people really do care:heart::heart: :heart:
  • susangilbert
    Options
    I am a Democrat who likes to eat too much!
    :)
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    If you have any questions on the program feel free to PM me and I will give you as much information as I can.
    [/quote]

has it worked for you?
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump
    do ya think that everyone overweight is the same body type???????? now tell me are you going to go ahead and pay for the diet......great advertising.....I hate the fact that every where we go people are trying to get rich from our desire to lose weight...Like they give a crap....
    That is why this site is great...its free and people really do care:heart::heart: :heart:

I don't mean to be rude but everyone falls into a category whether they like it or not. This plan provides you with a recommend food list and amount based on your body type to help you achieve your goals safely. You cater the program to what you like. I agree that there are alot of programs out there that don't work and companies that just want your money, this isn't one of those programs and it's safe for all ages. The prorgram isn't for every one but It's still a life style change not a diet. It educates you on how to make better choices whether at home or out at a restaurant.

Whether you buy a program, enroll in weight watchers, use nutri-system, buy frozen lean cusine meals or invest in organic foods, you are spending money. The investment is your health so you may live longer and better. Not all programs are alike and yes it's nice to find stuff for free but it's unfair to judge all programs based on the bad ones.

I also forgot to add that the program comes with a complete workout program which you customize to your body type and where you need to lose the most.

That's just my 2 cents. :smile:
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    If you have any questions on the program feel free to PM me and I will give you as much information as I can.

has it worked for you?
    [/quote]

It has worked for me very well. The first time I did the program I lost, went back and checked my books, 45 pounds in 3 1/2 months. I was never hungry and my MD followed my progress to ensure everything was ok. My 14 year old daughter lost 20 pounds in 2 months and was also watched by her doctor.

I'm doing the program again due to gaining weight from illness, depression and medication containing steriods and so far I have lost 10 pounds. I must say I'm not fully following all the rules but I try to stick as closely as I can (I haven't set the time aside to prepare all the meals in advance). I use MFP to track my workouts and found logging in all the food I eat was kinda of nice which has also helped me stay on track.

I forgot to add that I also worked out 6 days a week which also help with my results. The plan comes with a workout you do twice per week but I didn't use that. I prefer the treadmill and weights.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    endo-, meso- & ectomorph descriptions are (I was taught) more about structure. For example, one quick test that people in the sports industry use to GENERALLY determine this type is to wrap your middle fingers and thumb around your wrist. If the fingers overlap you're considered generally ecto-, if they touch but don't overlap then meso- and if they don't touch then endo-. This is because the wrist usually carries a much lower percentage of fat to lean mass than the rest of the body. Someone can have excess fat but underneath be a mesomorph (medium frame, moderate natural muscular definition) or ectomorph (small frame, light natural muscular definition). And people can be endomorphs and have very low percentages of fat (the classic big-boned naturally muscular type). Take all of this with a grain of salt. Our bodies are far too individual to have such generic formulae applied to them. This plan outlined on this man's website will work well for some and not so well for others. Any change to a healthier diet and inclusion of physical activity will yield a more favourable body composition (<fat, >lean mass). Great for those of you who have found this successful - that's all that matters! - but this strangely-phrased set of questions can't actually give you a reliable interpretation of your type. That can only truly be reliably achieved in a lab. Like anything else, some will happen to find it successful.
    I had an extensive work-up in a study with PhD physiotherapist / kinesiologist professionals who determined I'm an slighter meso frame type (broad shoulders but otherwise narrower frame for my height) but this test suggested I'm endomorphic. Just reminding that with all the information people can offer online, this is one GOOD place to add a grain of salt :wink:
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    endo-, meso- & ectomorph descriptions are (I was taught) more about structure. For example, one quick test that people in the sports industry use to GENERALLY determine this type is to wrap your middle fingers and thumb around your wrist. If the fingers overlap you're considered generally ecto-, if they touch but don't overlap then meso- and if they don't touch then endo-. This is because the wrist usually carries a much lower percentage of fat to lean mass than the rest of the body. Someone can have excess fat but underneath be a mesomorph (medium frame, moderate natural muscular definition) or ectomorph (small frame, light natural muscular definition). And people can be endomorphs and have very low percentages of fat (the classic big-boned naturally muscular type). Take all of this with a grain of salt. Our bodies are far too individual to have such generic formulae applied to them. This plan outlined on this man's website will work well for some and not so well for others. Any change to a healthier diet and inclusion of physical activity will yield a more favourable body composition (<fat, >lean mass). Great for those of you who have found this successful - that's all that matters! - but this strangely-phrased set of questions can't actually give you a reliable interpretation of your type. That can only truly be reliably achieved in a lab. Like anything else, some will happen to find it successful.
    I had an extensive work-up in a study with PhD physiotherapist / kinesiologist professionals who determined I'm an slighter meso frame type (broad shoulders but otherwise narrower frame for my height) but this test suggested I'm endomorphic. Just reminding that with all the information people can offer online, this is one GOOD place to add a grain of salt :wink:

Thanks for the posting. Your descriptions are awesome especially including wrist measurements which a lot of people are proprerly not aware of. That's something the Air Force uses to determine Body Fat/Mass.

They do go into body type explantions within the program and suggest you have it professional done if you can. Basically, it's a starting point for people and not a bad one. You are right not all programs are made to work with everyone but, no matter what you do it requires a degree of discipline. I did laugh at the questions but since I already new what my body type was I was amazed to see that it came up with the same results.

Again thanks for the posting the more information we post, the better educated in health & fitness we become.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Im not saying the plan does not work. I believe any plan will work IF you stick to it. . There are alot of great diets out. Im am just sick of people getting rich off of people with a weight problem. That is why this site is so helpful. People can afford to be here and get help for free, talk to people with the same issues. Im happy for anyone who can achieve there goal which every plan they use.