Scrambled egg ideas please?

Options
hbunting86
hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
Hi

So my favourite breakfast has to be scrambled eggs! Perfect pre-treadmill and good for you... BUT I'm getting bored of the same breakfast every day! At the moment I scramble 2 eggs and mix with 100g baked beans... any ideas on anything else I can mix them with? I'm not so keen on them plain because of the eggy taste, so something to take the edge off that would be great!

:happy:

Replies

• glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs with chopped up asparagus. :-)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    i love to put some laughing cow cheese in with mine along with some mushrooms.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My mom hates eggs that taste like eggs...... So growing up, my dad loaded up scrambled eggs with every veggie imaginable and spices.

Try diced peppers, mushrooms, onions, a bit of broccoli, some reduced-fat cheese, and add garlic powder, oregano, basil, and some Italian seasoning. It's good, I promise!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I add fat free cheese and some bacos:) (But I use the egg beaters)
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    canadian bacon is a good thing to add, also mushrooms, zuchini and maybe some onions.
  • greensnow
    greensnow Posts: 73
    Options
    Scrambled eggs are great!! And you can always just use more egg whites if you are hungry! I like adding a little bit of low fat cheese and tomato. You can add parsley, basil, spinach, shreaded zuccini and onion is great too!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Put it in a tortilla for a quesadila
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I put in any vegetable that is in the fridge. Turkey sausage works good too.
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Put a tablespoon of salsa in them :) Mmmm... yummy. Add a scoop of black beans to make it really filling, too. Maybe a couple of slices of avocado with it if you can spare the cals.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    lunch meat, steak, onions, corn tortilla strips, hot sauce, veggies...sky is the limit, bacon, sausage, cheese. I think I have had just about had everything under the sun till I read this..... baked bean! really?
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I plan on having scrambled egg whites with mushrooms and low fat cheese with maybe 2 slices turkey bacon for breakfast. Sometimes I like to put it in a whole wheat pita pocket. Maybe a little salsa for a kick.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Penzey's Spices has a great seasoning blend called Fox Point Seasoning ~ I can't eat scrambled eggs w/o it!! Love, love love it!! If you don't have one near you - check out their website - they have some GREAT stuff to jazz things up w/o the calories.
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    The book "Hungry Girl 300 under 300" or check out Hungry Girl's website... lots of recipes for eggs. She makes her's in a mug - pretty cool recipes.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I add a piece of cheese, some sliced up tomatoes, and some jalapenos!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been scrambling mine then letting them go "flat" to cook. Flip them add a slice of cheese and slice of ham...I put it between whole wheat bread that I grill (no butter or anything, using a nonstick pan) and have a grilled egg, ham, and cheese for breakfast...just a dash of salt/pepper and of course my favorite lately dried parsley...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    varying combinations of these things

shrimp
    scallops
    cheese (American, cheddar, goat, etc.)
    sweet peppers
    jalapeños
    onions
    cayenne pepper
    spinach
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My current fav is spinach, pico de gallo, queso fresco and guacamole in a corn tortilla.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas guys - thanks! Haha and yes baked beans :laugh: - I'm a student so it wouldn't be the same without them somewhere in my diet hahaha.

I'm trying to do low carb for a while to give me a kick start, so eggs are a MUST! :happy:
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If you're going low-carb I'd definitely try finding different flavors of cheeses to throw in there. And I second the suggestions of salsa & spices. "A man can live on packaged food from here 'til Doomsday if he has enough rosemary." Different combinations of spices can really make the same old thing taste completely different.

Here are a few combinations to try, I've used them with eggs or to spice up plain old ground beef:
    mustard, rosemary, black pepper (opt. dill pickles)
    salsa & cheddar cheese
    peanut butter
    bleu cheese dressing
    Italian: dried oregano, basil, parsley, opt. fennel &/or garlic, w/ mozarella or parmesan cheese
    Indian: coriander, cumin, paprika & curry
    Texas: chili powder, cumin, thyme & black pepper (maybe with your beans?)
    Sweet: pumpkin pie spice (opt. a little extra nutmeg &/or cinnamon)
    Cajun: salt, onion powder, garlic, red pepper flakes
    Sweet & Spicy: black pepper, cinnamon, white pepper, salt, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder
    Thai: peanut sauce & ginger
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i love mine with sauteed kale and salsa!