Scrambled egg ideas please?

Options

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The book "Hungry Girl 300 under 300" or check out Hungry Girl's website... lots of recipes for eggs. She makes her's in a mug - pretty cool recipes.

I cook mine in a coffee mug too - 1 minute in the microwave stir @ 30 seconds. perfect everytime. Top with shredded cheddar and some franks hot sauce - YUM
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of ideas for you. :)

Mexican Scrambled Eggs - Scrambled eggs with fat-free cheddar cheese, hot sauce, diced potatoes, and diced peppers with salsa on top.

Greek Scrambled Eggs - Scrambled eggs with low-fat feta cheese crumbles, sauteed onions, garlic, and spinach.

Western Scrambled Eggs - Scrambled eggs with diced ham, diced potatoes, diced peppers, chopped onions, and swiss cheese.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Awesome I was just going to ask if feta would go in the eggs ok.. although don't see why not. I think I'll experiment tomorrow with a fresh tomato, crumbled feta and maybe red onion... hmmm yum looking forward to breakfast already... best meal of the day! haha
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled egg with either bacon and mushroom or it is very nice with smoked salmon mixed in with it :smile:
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    add a tblespn of water to a pan... add jalapenos, onions, stir to cook a little, then add tomatoes and cilantro...(you can also add sausage now if you want)...let them cook up a little.. then add eggs and scramble... I love this and it's easy and low in cals!!!
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs! But I, too, get sick of plain ol' eggs after a while. I added green onion for the first time the other day and loved it! Green onion, real bacon pieces (just a few) and just a little bit of shredded cheese. It was soo yummy! I also found that when the "Eggy" taste gets to be unbearable, if I scramble one whole egg with 2 or 3 egg whites, it changes the flavor enough to get over that hump. =)
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    I like a couple egg whites with some shredded cheddar or mozzarella and Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I love to mix the eggs with green peppers, red peppers and jalapeños to give it a kick. When they are almost done, I throw a piece of land o lake naturally slender american cheese on them as a topper. Crumbled bacon helps with the "egg" taste as well.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon, wilted spinach & black pepper.... piled onto a big grilled portabello (flat) mushroom

If you are low on money (like me!) Then you can buy the cheap smoked salmon trimmings- they work perfectly
  • Marci138
    Marci138 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is my favorite egg recipe. It's so easy to make and comes out beautiful.

Souffle’ Omelet
    3 Eggs separated
    1 teaspoon olive oil or can use cooking spray
    ½ cup Havarti cheese
    Fresh herbs

Preheat broiler and position oven rack about eight inches from the heat. Separate three large eggs. In a bowl, whisk yolks with a pinch of salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then whisk in ¼ of the whites into the yolks. Fold the yolk mixture into the remaining whites until the streaks are gone. In an 8 inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt 1 ½ tablespoons of butter. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and shake to evenly distribute. Sprinkle cheese over the mixture and transfer skillet to the oven. Broil the omelet for 3 minutes, until lightly browned and very puffy. To finish, garnish with fresh herbs and carefully slide onto a plate folding in half.
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon is delicious, also red or yellow pepper with mushroom.
  • katie_kaboom
    Options
    I love hot banana peppers, so I put them in just about everything. If you like a little heat in your food, chop up some and throw them in your eggs.

Another good one is spinach and goat cheese, which is super tasty.

Or, you can play up the fresh veggies and herbs...there are so many interesting combinations!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just looked at this thread out of curiosity and what wonderful suggestions!
    MFP's really know how to make what they eat interesting.:love:
  • JackieCampbell1958
    Options
    Did anyone mention smoked salmon?
  • Heather3186
    Options
    Cinnamon & truvia for a sweet take on scrambled eggs!
  • fafabear
    fafabear Posts: 2
    Options
    I really like the jennie-o turkey ham chopped up and some low cal cheese added to eggs. The night before I put everything in a mason jar in the fridge. That way I just toss it in the skillet when I get up. Here is a link for the turkey ham, my husband made fun of me for buying it. Once he tasted it he loved it (and ate almost all of it) http://www.jennieo.com/products/110-Turkey-Ham
  • dancingphoenix
    Options
    I like to take a package of frozen spinach, mix in a couple eggs, a bit of milk, and some parmesean cheese. You can bake it like a quiche if you like, but it ends up being more like scrambled eggs when you cut it :) It is really good :) I put the oven in a glass pie plate at 350 and bake it till a fork or knife comes out clean. :)
  • RobChannell
    Options
    The book "Hungry Girl 300 under 300" or check out Hungry Girl's website... lots of recipes for eggs. She makes her's in a mug - pretty cool recipes.

I cook mine in a coffee mug too - 1 minute in the microwave stir @ 30 seconds. perfect everytime. Top with shredded cheddar and some franks hot sauce - YUM

We started this in college. we called it "egg in a cup". A spray of canola oil or non-stick coating makes the cleanup easier. I like spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and occasionally some leftover peppers/onions from fajitas.
  • LaSirena29
    LaSirena29 Posts: 84
    Options
    My simple, easy scramble egg fix up is to whisk in 1 tablespoon or so of pesto. It's simple, easy & adds tons of flavor, plus you get the fun or green eggs. :laugh:
  • cdcassel
    cdcassel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not exactly breakfast, but I like my scrambled eggs with barbeque sauce, even good on a low cal hot dog or hamburger bun.