What is that SMELL????

Options
HappyathomeMN
HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
Ok, I work with some weird stuff but I just had to move some test samples from the oven to cool and they smelled bad! It reminded me of a horse barn and not in the good clean smell of a horse barn but more in the stall shoveling duties of the barn. Considering that the fluid is a hydraulic oil, that's a very weird association.

Any unusual smells that you can think of, I'd love to hear about it! :sick: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Loctite always smelled like vanilla cookies to me. -shrug-
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The 'farty' smell of hard boiled eggs!
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    my teenage boy has a strange aroma sometimes !
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    shall i put him in the oven & then cool him down ? what temperature ?
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My hubbys dirty socks smell like salted corn chips.....LOL....I like the smell of corn chips, just not associated with his socks!
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    My dog smells bad when he gets out of the pool!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out the smell that is coming from our fridge or microwave at work. I've cleaned them both out several times. It kinda smells like I imagine Antonio Banderas would smell - Really Really Olive Oiled Eggplant
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    Durian fruit.... If you have ever smelled it you'll understand.
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    My dog smells like crackers and cream cheese frosting.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    The stairwell of my parking garage smells like the white filling of an Oreo cookie. We've never figured out why. It's a good smell-much better than the typical alternatives- but really out of place.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    shall i put him in the oven & then cool him down ? what temperature ?

ALL teenage boys have strange aroma's!! Must be the aromatic essence of the increased hormones?? Or they just plain old smell funny.

As far as the oven - you don't want to work with the temperatures I have to handle (anywhere from 200C to 600C)
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    It kinda smells like I imagine Antonio Banderas would smell - Really Really Olive Oiled Eggplant

I have nothing to add to the conversation, but I did want to say that I've never really thought about what Antonio Banderas would smell like...until now.
    -wtk
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    What about people who you notice at the airport on a really early morning and you can smell the grease from their hair :sick:
    Not pleasant
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Blackcurrant juice smells a bit like urine...
  • rg4u
    rg4u Posts: 20
    Options
    The front of my house smells like a homeless person!!
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Piercings, particularly stretched ones, give off an interesting stale belly button fragrance if you don't wash them/oil them every day. When I first had my septum pierced I experienced what's lovingly referred to as "septum funk" which basically made my septum smell like old farts INSIDE MY NOSE for a few months. All better now but while it was healing MAN it was weird.

Sometimes I'll have forgotten to take my 4g plugs out of my ears in the morning when I'm getting ready to clean them and then I'll play with them in class and get a whiff of ear funk. Yuck.

**Edited to add that it sounds like I wasn't cleaning my septum piercing... I was, this is just a common issue with septum piercings and for some people it never goes away no matter how much you wash it! I'm glad mine quit smelling bad, haha
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Damp bathing suits or bathing suits that you've swam in a few times in the same week and they haven't ever really dried out.... always smell like Fritos to me.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I get on the Metro bus it smells like skunk. My son says it's from those funny little cigarettes. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The 'farty' smell of hard boiled eggs!

yes, this is what I thought of immediately
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6q9nBusrq8
    Oooooooooooooh that smell!!