What is that SMELL????

Options

Replies

• tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    Kids when they come in from playing outside...they always smell like a wet dog!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    The smell of greens cooking is not particularly refreshing. It's a good smell if you know what it is. Just like opening my lunch container of leftover brocolli, not a good smell but if you know what it is it's ok.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Another one is the smell of hominy. :sick: I cannot stand the smell of hominy!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The other dogs owners will appreciate this, but the rest of you will be totally grossed out:

Years ago, my dog was licking her bum. All I could smell was something akin to rotting meat. In a panic, I called the vet and begged to get in right away as to me, the dog smelled as though she was rotting form the inside out. I figured she must have some horrible infection. Luckily, I had a very kind vet and they let me bring her in right away.

The vet expressed her anal glands and oh yeah--that was the smell all right! The vet had a good laugh and explained that my dog was, indeed, fine, although she may need to have this done every few months. She was not, in fact, dying or even mildly ill.

The vet couldn't believe that I had grown up around dogs and never been aware of this relatively common issue, but we had never had a dog with this problem so I was totally ignorant of it.

I was a little embarrassed, but mainly relieved that my dog was OK. Still funny in hindsight though. And you never forget that smell--WOWZERS.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I live in a small town in New England. As with most small towns, the tradition in town is that the departing high school seniors play a prank on the undergrads left behind.

Well, a few years ago, the senior class announced that they were much more mature than that, and that they would rise above the tradition of pranks and actually make a gift to the high school so that their class would be remembered fondly. This news, of course, was welcomed in town.

The day of the gifting came. With great ceremony the seniors presented the high school with a dozen or so gorgeous trees, the name of which I can't remember. They were planted with equal ceremony around the center patio that spilled from the dining hall and touched all the surrounding buildings. They were beautiful....

......until the next Spring....when they flowered. The stench was so bad that for 4 days, all the windows of the school had to remain closed and the patio could not be used.

The kids now refer to them as "*kitten*-Crack Trees."
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    The other dogs owners will appreciate this, but the rest of you will be totally grossed out:

Years ago, my dog was licking her bum. All I could smell was something akin to rotting meat. In a panic, I called the vet and begged to get in right away as to me, the dog smelled as though she was rotting form the inside out. I figured she must have some horrible infection. Luckily, I had a very kind vet and they let me bring her in right away.

The vet expressed her anal glands and oh yeah--that was the smell all right! The vet had a good laugh and explained that my dog was, indeed, fine, although she may need to have this done every few months. She was not, in fact, dying or even mildly ill.

The vet couldn't believe that I had grown up around dogs and never been aware of this relatively common issue, but we had never had a dog with this problem so I was totally ignorant of it.

I was a little embarrassed, but mainly relieved that my dog was OK. Still funny in hindsight though. And you never forget that smell--WOWZERS.
    That is indeed a nasty smell. Thank goodness the groomers do that so I don't have to.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    The by-product of fiber bars.

:noway:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    The by-product of fiber bars.

:noway:

In my house we just call them fart bars.
  • mominabox
    mominabox Posts: 26
    Options
    my teenage boy has a strange aroma sometimes !
    shall i put him in the oven & then cool him down ? what temperature ?
    He might of spoiled toss him, hahah
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Dead crickets smell like maple syrup.
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OMG, TOO FUNNY!!!!!

:laugh:
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I live in a small town in New England. As with most small towns, the tradition in town is that the departing high school seniors play a prank on the undergrads left behind.

Well, a few years ago, the senior class announced that they were much more mature than that, and that they would rise above the tradition of pranks and actually make a gift to the high school so that their class would be remembered fondly. This news, of course, was welcomed in town.

The day of the gifting came. With great ceremony the seniors presented the high school with a dozen or so gorgeous trees, the name of which I can't remember. They were planted with equal ceremony around the center patio that spilled from the dining hall and touched all the surrounding buildings. They were beautiful....

......until the next Spring....when they flowered. The stench was so bad that for 4 days, all the windows of the school had to remain closed and the patio could not be used.

I also have a tree story....GINKOS. They line the streets of Washington, D.C. and they are pretty. But beware the fruit pods! If you step on them, you will have what smells like dog poop on your shoes. Totally gross.
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    The stairwell at our gym (which our trainer makes us run up and down) reminds me of dissecting frogs in junior high...what is that, formaldehyde? (btw, only spelled that right because of spell check - you should have seen it before I corrected it!)
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options

That is FANTASTIC as well as GENIUS!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    my teenage boy has a strange aroma sometimes !
    shall i put him in the oven & then cool him down ? what temperature ?
    He might of spoiled toss him, hahah

:laugh: :laugh:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The freezer above the fridge started smelling kinda funky. I took everything out and did a thorough cleaning, defrosting, and even put a new box of baking soda in it. Every time you opened it you would get hit with that smell! It got worse, and worse, and worse! I did another cleaning and tossed everything that was in the freezer. It was still there! I took everything out of the fridge part and had my guy take all the shelves and drawers out so I could clean it. Under the vegie drawer there was a bag of goo.

My guy keeps a bag of batteries in the vegie drawer. About a week prior to the smell appearing he had been digging in the drawer for some batteries for his flashlight. He said he heard something roll and fall, and figured it was one of the batteries he had gotten out of the bag and put on the shelf. He didn't see anything, so he went on his way.... While digging in the drawer he had removed some bags of vegies to get at his batteries. The bag of goo was once a cucumber.... it had rolled off the shelf and under the drawer. Thank God it was still in the bag, I can't imagine how bad it would have been if it had not been in a bag!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    The smell of sunblock on small children, always reminds me of ocean smells - guess cause of the association!
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options

They might be Bradford Pear trees... They're gorgeous trees but the stench is awful. My college campus and the town I grew up in both were lined with them. Blech.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options

HILARIOUS! I had to share this with a friend!