Be Careful at Subway

Options
13»

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    and yes they actually do lie non the calorie counts. it would be better for you to make your own sandwich than go there!

They don't lie... people just assume if they order a foot long with extra cheese and mayo, the calories are the same as listed on the menu.

No calorie info is 100 percent correct. Even if you get out your scale and weigh your food. EVERYTHING is an approximation.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    and yes they actually do lie non the calorie counts. it would be better for you to make your own sandwich than go there!

They don't lie... people just assume if they order a foot long with extra cheese and mayo, the calories are the same as listed on the menu.

No calorie info is 100 percent correct. Even if you get out your scale and weigh your food. EVERYTHING is an approximation.

Amen, I just use what I find online and on labels as a guideline.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I agree with others that your best bet is to use their website's nutritional information to build your sandwich with the exact ingredients you want. If you look there you will see that a 6" flatbread ALONE with no toppings is 220 cals.

I never use the counts posted in the store/on their cups and napkins etc because they quote sandwiches made with only specific veggies and most they list include NO CHEESE.

So just take the time to look at what you want and decide/log it before you go in and you'll save yourself any more nasty surprises!

And stay away from their cookies....delicious but SO high in cals! :)
  • Crystal817
    Options

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/

You can do the same thing on the Subway site. Just pick any salad/sandwich, then hit +nutrition facts and hit +Your build. Let's you customize any sandwich.
  • MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options

http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/

You can do the same thing on the Subway site. Just pick any salad/sandwich, then hit +nutrition facts and hit +Your build. Let's you customize any sandwich.
    I can't find their veggie patty anywhere on there. ><
  • Crystal817
    Options

Maybe it's a regional thing... because I've never seen it before at any of the Subways here!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Some people live and die by Subway food, but in reality it's really not that healthy, at least that's how I feel. Very high sodium meats and in the bread as well.

I haven't eaten there in I don't know how long, I much prefer preparing food at home so I can be sure of what's in it. :flowerforyou:

I agree it's better to eat at home for the same reason you stated, but it's not always possible. I think that in comparison, Subway isn't as bad as say McDonalds, Taco Bell, (random fast food chain here).
    The sodium can be a bit high but if I know I'm going to be out that day, I plan my other meals around that. I've also been told to try the flatbreads as opposed to the regular breads to make it even healthier.

Their flatbreads have more calories than their regular bread... just an FYI
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Subway is so unhealthy anyway. Their breads and flatbreads are loaded with HFCS and the sodium count for all their stuff is through the roof. It's easier, healthier, and cheaper to just make your own!

True but.... I'd much rather have a sandwich from subway than a big Mac from McDonalds or a whopper from burger King.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    ....i work at subway

Well then this is all your fault! :laugh:

ROFLMAO!!! I love this!
    The calories listed on the front of the case are for The sandwich without cheese or dressings, those are extra....
  • MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Maybe it's a regional thing... because I've never seen it before at any of the Subways here!
    Even here only some stores carry it.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    All of the nutrition information is clearly provided or is available with a quick search. Sneaky? I don't think so.

This (below) is exactly what I was referring to it is all about the 'fine print' which unfortunately not everyone goes through the details to discover... sneaky? yeah I think so.
    The calories listed on the front of the case are for The sandwich without cheese or dressings, those are extra....