Curious...Best tool you've purchased?

Options
124»

Replies

• menacingsprite
    menacingsprite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The best tool I've purchased hands down is the electronic food scale.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Have to add my ipod. I NEED good music when I'm running, and when I'm on the track, it has a really nice stopwatch with lap settings, so I can see how fast I'm doing each lap, not just the whole run. And I don't need to remember how many I've run because I just count the laps on the stopwatch at the end :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7, and my Golds Gym dip/pullup station.

The HRM is obvious...but the pullup station has done HUGE things for my upper body, in a very short time.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I love my Sharper Image digital food scale. OZ or Gs, makes getting calorie counts much more accurate.

That being said, I still sometimes get lazy or log on the go, like "20 bing cherries," but it is nice to double check with.

I also like the Nike+ sport band, although it is nothing on a HRM, I am sure. I just dislike the idea of wearing one around my torso... way too uncomfortable.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My gym membership - hands down. I've tried the workout at home dvds and I know from past experience that I won't do them. I SAY I will do them and then I'll find excuse after excuse to NOT do them. With my current gym, I made sure it was on my way home from work so I can stop and workout before I even step foot in my house. Also, driving by it makes me feel accountable - I'm spending the money I BETTER go. My new gym isn't on my route home, but it is more expensive than my current gym - so I KNOW I will go because I am spending the money.

Also, my shoes. I went and was fitted for some good running shoes. They are higher priced than I would normally spend for shoes - but worth every penny.

And my Ipod too. Though *I* didn't purchase it - my boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas last year. I love how little and light it is - I can attach it to my clothes and NOT have to lug my big old phone around. Especially nice when I am running on the indoor track. :)
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    taebo
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Gym membership!! What I like about it is that there are people like me there, and then there are people who are really fit and inspire me.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1. My Polar heart rate monitor (HRM)
    2. Treadmill
    3. Food scale

These are the best investment I have made in myself.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So true about the smartphones. My phone allows me to use MFP, Runkeeper app, stopwatch and timer apps, look up nutritional info for restaurants, listen to free music while working out, etc etc. Definitely would be lost without the phone. Great Investment!
    This!

I also think a food scale would really help me, but I haven't bought one yet.

And what is a bodybugg?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    1) my Fitbit
    2) my runner's shoes
    3) my food scale