What does your "ticker" say about you?

Options
kelhun1
kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
I just made a ticker and this is my excuse to see if it works. I was wondering what made you choose your ticker? I uploaded a picture of my son from vacation this year. I love the pic. because he is so happy, in the moment and so un self-conscious...all the things I want to be. Instead, I was on the beach observing because I was so self-conscious about how I looked in my suit. I never truly enjoyed myself. My goal is to be able to fully enjoy my summer next year and not be worrying about my chubby thighs.

Replies

• kelhun1
    Options
    I just made a ticker and this is my excuse to see if it works. I was wondering what made you choose your ticker? I uploaded a picture of my son from vacation this year. I love the pic. because he is so happy, in the moment and so un self-conscious...all the things I want to be. Instead, I was on the beach observing because I was so self-conscious about how I looked in my suit. I never truly enjoyed myself. My goal is to be able to fully enjoy my summer next year and not be worrying about my chubby thighs.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I just picked my ticker because it looked fun and it stood out. ps- does it confuse anyone else when people use the "lbs to go" format? lol like "50 lbs to go" rather than "10lbs lost" I'm always like wow! she's lost 50 lbs in 2 months!? then I'm like... oh wait... to go! duh. I'm having a blonde day :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Mine is a picture from my daughter's school English country dance. This is her senior year, so we pulled out all the stops and rented costumes & got all Jane Austen. It was so much fun! I'm trying to dance every time I get a chance, and this one was a HOOT!

And, it also says that I have been stuck at 10 pounds lost for longer than I want ... but let's not talk about that. :grumble: :embarassed: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kelhun1
    Options
    Mine is a picture from my daughter's school English country dance. This is her senior year, so we pulled out all the stops and rented costumes & got all Jane Austen. It was so much fun! I'm trying to dance every time I get a chance, and this one was a HOOT!

And, it also says that I have been stuck at 10 pounds lost for longer than I want ... but let's not talk about that. :grumble: :embarassed: :laugh: :laugh:

I am so glad you explained that picture...I saw it the other day and was wondering if you were in some sort of Amish wedding!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I am so glad you explained that picture...I saw it the other day and was wondering if you were in some sort of Amish wedding!

I THOUGHT THAT TOO!! I just figured you had Amish family members or something. haha
  • tresa1234
    Options

I THOUGHT THAT TOO!! I just figured you had Amish family members or something. haha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Maybe I should change it!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I could never be Amish ... they have to work WAY too hard ... oh ... er ... then there is this whole computer thing I'd have a serious problem giving up....

It's hard to see from the picture, but we looked just like Pride & Prejudice or Emma or one of those movies .... it was cool.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mine is from our wedding in May of '07. I honestly wish I could redo our whole wedding thing.... I don't even have pictures up of us in our house because I was so big and unhappy when I saw the pictures. :cry:
  • thisisamyo
    thisisamyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I chose my ticker because it is a sunset over my home city.
    I love my city.
    I love sunsets.
    I love running.
    Running is so much better during a sunset for me, esp in the city because it makes the city seem so extremely peaceful and serene.

50023.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love my city.
    I love sunsets.
    I love running.
    Running is so much better during a sunset for me, esp in the city because it makes the city seem so extremely peaceful and serene.

50023.png

Your picture really is amazingly beautiful!
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Meh...I like football and its that time of year!! :wink:

Go Dolphins!!:drinker:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Haha ... since people thought my ticker pic was from a wedding, I decided to really make it from one ... not Amish, though ... my daughter Amanda & son-in-law Clark's wedding this past June....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Right now it says "You can call it fall if that's what you please, but I say I like Autumn!" (okay, which Mom remembers that song from Barney??? Extra credit if you do-- )

:wink:
  • thisisamyo
    Options
    No sweets until Thanksgiving???

You are a wonderwoman in my eyes!
    I definitely wish you the best of luck and pray for the same kind of discipline!

50023.png
  • thisisamyo
    Options
    I love my city.
    I love sunsets.
    I love running.

50023.png

Your picture really is amazingly beautiful!

Thank you! I am just excited I found such a wonderful pic of my hometown!

50023.png
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My ticker says, I don't know much about comptuers and ticker's 317.gif but I'm learning
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Mine says, "i'm holding onto autumn as long as I can b/c once the snow flies, I'll be in denial until springtime" :bigsmile: You shouldn't live in Ohio if you don't like snow!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I took my picture when I went the walking park the first time. I felt silly and out of place. I was embarrased to get out there because I knew 80 year olds were going to fly by me.

I was sitting in my car and I saw the Start and 1mile sign. I thought " If I never start, then I will never make it to the 1 mile sign"

I got out of my car and there was not turning back!!
  • arjames82
    Options
    I chose mine because the Serenity Prayer sums up my weight loss journey. There will be good days and bad days...things that I can change and things that I can't. Heck, there are weeks that I am "perfect" and that scale doesn't change one bit, but I try not to let it discourage me. My job is to do all that I can to make a better me and to give the rest up to my Higher Power:bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Mine's just to remind me of how I'd love my legs to look one day--well, a little more feminine then that (of course :tongue: ) but still all sleek and no fat--
  • kelhun1
    Options
    Mine says, "i'm holding onto autumn as long as I can b/c once the snow flies, I'll be in denial until springtime" :bigsmile: You shouldn't live in Ohio if you don't like snow!

I live in Ohio too, but we moved here from Chicago so we always kind of laugh at the "snow" days here. I agree about holding on to autumn though... I was so sad yesterday. My son was shaking all the leaves from the trees and now they are all naked and sad looking.